AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 744 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125358)

marvelB 2014-04-07 01:01

One Piece - Chapter 744 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Are your bodies ready!? Here are this week's epic spoilers, courtesy of AP's Redon and Aohige:

-Chapter title is "Revolutionary Army Chief Adviser". Splash page features Kuzan (aka Aokiji) and his penguin buddy Camel.

-As the coliseum's ring collapses, it gets filled with water. Burgess gets crushed by a boulder, Rebecca is hanging onto Bartolomeo for dear life, and Diamante is already partially submerged in water. Ignoring the officer's warnings that it's not meant to be won, Sabo grabs the tournament's prize, and is declared the winner! He then opens the chest, and TAKES A BITE OF THE MERA MERA FRUIT. He has now inherited Ace's old power! Interestingly, he says his body doesn't feel hot, despite being covered with flames. He then rescues Rebecca, leaving Bartolomeo behind on the ring (which was the panel showed in the earlier teaser picture), and proceeds to further wreck the ring with Ace's famed Fire Fist!

-Back underground at the port, a pissed Trebol announces that no one will escape. The dwarves are busy attempting to rescue the wounded Usopp, while Robin is targeted by the officer. However, the giant Hajrudin blocks Trebol's attack, and takes over with Usopp's transport as gratitude for saving everyone from the toy curse! Part of the ceiling gives way, and the sun shines on Usopp, giving him an even greater savior image to the surrounding warriors. Usopp tries talking to them, but his words get misinterpreted, not unlike a certain pirate clown. He then asks them to help destroy the factory and save the rest of the Tontattas.

-Still underground, Burgess emerges from the rubble of the arena. He's clearly not happy about failing to obtain the fire fruit. Diamante is also underground, who's flat like paper (lol), and is worried about how to report the situation to Doflamingo. He then sees the army of warriors who were freed from the curse. Barto rushes to Sabo, whose face is not only finally revealed, but is now reunited with Koala and Hack. He resembles a blond-haired Ace, and is a Chief Adviser of the revolutionary army. He announces that his little brother Luffy will become Pirate King, and explains that his reasons for arriving at Dressrosa is to stop the country's weapon smuggling, as well as gain information for Dragon....

-Back at the palace, Buffalo attempts to avenge Dofla, but Kyros dispatches him easily. Meanwhile, Luffy is trying to free Law from the sea stone cuffs, despite the latter's objections. Gladius arrives to his fallen master's side.... as does Pica. The stone man then picks up Doflamingo's head..... [i]which is still able to speak![/b] The head then says that this situation is more dire than he expected, and will have to resort to using something called the "Birdcage", which seems to shock Law....

Sabo revealed! :D

Wow, there's so much I can say about this chapter, but I think I'll reserve me words for later. But I will say that Usopp getting the Buggy treatment is pretty much the highlight for me at this point. ;) Also, all the talk about who will eat the mera fruit can FINALLY end..... :rolleyes:

danielevo 2014-04-07 02:30

What is it ? Sabo using sky walk ?? XD

imza 2014-04-07 11:16

Very interesting, I wonder why Barto is fallen over and if Sabo managed to get the fruit? Can't imagine him leaving without it.

Saiduck 2014-04-07 11:52

Rebecca: "Kyaa!"
Sabo: "Rushi", probably a "dragon" version of Geppou/Sky Walk.
Bartolomeo: "Daisenpai! Save me as well!!"

My interpretation is that after destroying the ring, Sabo is rescuing Rebecca from falling into the basement while leaving Bartolomeo behind. Sabo then finally removes his disguise!

marvelB 2014-04-07 18:51

^Uh, I'm pretty sure that "Rushi" is supposed to be Lucy. :heh: And I think it's that tournament announcer guy shouting the name, not Sabo.....

Saiduck 2014-04-08 07:09

Ah, you're probably right. It's been some time since I practiced my (low level) Japanese. Forgot all about r/l, and the extra "border" thing on the speech bubble indicates that the voice uttering the word is somehow amplified. And of course, looking back on the other chapters, all of the announcers lines have had the same border.

Tl,dr: You're right.

Looking forward to the chapter.

marvelB 2014-04-09 01:24

Updated with the summary guys! Come and get it! ;)

Oh, and BTW..... looking at the raw, it's clearly pointed out that Sabo is the NO. 2 in the revolutionary army. Dude really has come a long way since East Blue.....

WiliamZ0 2014-04-09 02:36

The Raw finally out. Finally, we know how Sabo look like

AND HOW COME DD STILL ALIVE, IS HIS DF LOGIA?!

Veviticus 2014-04-09 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5075839)

Oh, and BTW..... looking at the raw, it's clearly pointed out that Sabo is the NO. 2 in the revolutionary army. Dude really has come a long way since East Blue.....

How very fitting for the fruit to go from the 2nd division whitebeard commander to the 2nd of the revolutionary army :)

Whitemoon648 2014-04-09 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5075839)

I wonder how strong number 2 in revolutionary army is.

Maybe even as strong as a Yonkou?

We can guess Dragon is extremely strong ( Son of Garp, Most wanted person, ...), so I wouldn't be surprised for his second man to be as strong as a Yonkou or at least high level admiral.

Just thought to leave this here . Food for thought. Won't say much more :heh: .

P.S. I do realize second in command doesn't have to be 2nd strongest per se and power gap could still be huge from Dragon, but i find it more likely than not that Sabo is as strong as a Yonkou/admiral . Something that i did suggest and many people were calling me troll for even suggesting his power level to be way up there even when he was not even announced to be alive yet . Power levels don't follow a logical real world sense in one piece. It's an anime/manga and Oda sets the rule ( not the real world sense). Oda has always taken liberty of making X character X strong at X age, ... . He has done it so many times yet still many people don't see the pattern until it repeats itself over and over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 (Post 5075883)
The Raw finally out. Finally, we know how Sabo look like

AND HOW COME DD STILL ALIVE, IS HIS DF LOGIA?!

String String power :) i am betting. Just a perk it comes with it i guess ( like how Law can do similar kinda stuff)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veviticus (Post 5075884)
How very fitting for the fruit to go from the 2nd division whitebeard commander to the 2nd of the revolutionary army :)

This :D. I can't agree more.

paradox13 2014-04-09 02:52

So what is the bird cage?

Man Doflamingo reminds me of one of the villains from batman...

sasuke2007 2014-04-09 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 5075886)
String String power :) i am betting. Just a perk it comes with it i guess ( like how Law can do similar kinda stuff)

Yeah. Most likely can use the fruit on himself to control certain parts of his body puppet-like

Whitemoon648 2014-04-09 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasuke2007 (Post 5075905)
Yeah. Most likely can use the fruit on himself to control certain parts of his body puppet-like

Yup :). Btw i think the chapter translation is out too :D .

ranchan13 2014-04-09 03:05

Sabo eats the Mera Mera Fruit
Sabo is confirmed as Sabo with a nifty scar on his face, and then is shown to be Dragon's second.
Usopp becomes Captain Buggy
Luffy and Doffy about to get it on
Loved when Sabo called Luffy his little brother. Though, I now get the feeling that Sabo is going to be a complete Ace clone from this point on.

Tommy 2014-04-09 03:05

CAPTAIN F%$KING USOPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO excited to see Usopp finally gain his 10,000 followers! :D

Also, I feel a tad disappointed with how anticlimactic the end of the tournament was, I guess I didn't actually expect Sabo to get the fruit THAT easily. I do think it's cool that he got it though.

Avaricia 2014-04-09 03:12

Iva was lounging at the prison for 10yrs(?) Of course Sabo is gonna past Iva's rank, however, the rank system might be the same as Whitebeards crew, where every commanders has the same potential but just different rank.

marvelB 2014-04-09 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veviticus (Post 5075884)

I dunno.... I'm pretty sure that Marco was more or less the no. 2 in the WB crew, rather than Ace (with Jozu as the no. 3). Not that Ace was any less important than those guys, of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 5075912)
Sabo didn't eat the whole Mera Mera fruit. I think that signifies something. Or am i reading too much into it?

Maybe more details about the devil fruit powers soon?

It was confirmed long ago through the SBS that a devil fruit power is transferred through the first bite alone. After that, it just becomes an ordinary nasty-tasting fruit. Therefore, Sabo didn't need to eat the whole fruit to gain the power.

Whitemoon648 2014-04-09 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5075916)

It was confirmed long ago through the SBS that a devil fruit power is transferred through the first bite alone. After that, it just becomes an ordinary nasty-tasting fruit. Therefore, Sabo didn't need to eat the whole fruit to gain the power.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I didn't know that.

noktown 2014-04-09 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 5075886)
I wonder how strong number 2 in revolutionary army is.

Maybe even as strong as a Yonkou?

We can guess Dragon is extremely strong ( Son of Garp, Most wanted person, ...), so I wouldn't be surprised for his second man to be as strong as a Yonkou or at least high level admiral.

Just thought to leave this here . Food for thought. Won't say much more :heh: .

P.S. I do realize second in command doesn't have to be 2nd strongest per se and power gap could still be huge from Dragon, but i find it more likely than not that Sabo is as strong as a Yonkou/admiral . Something that i did suggest and many people were calling me troll for even suggesting his power level to be way up there even when he was not even announced to be alive yet . Power levels don't follow a logical real world sense in one piece. It's an anime/manga and Oda sets the rule ( not the real world sense). Oda has always taken liberty of making X character X strong at X age, ... . He has done it so many times yet still many people don't see the pattern until it repeats itself over and over.

This :D. I can't agree more.

You've read a bad translation,it doesn't say anywhere in the chapter that he's number 2.

I don't remember anyone arguing with you about his strength,but about your ridiculous assumption that he's Kaido.

He's not as strong as a Yonko,that would be too easy,all he has to do now is kill Donflamingo and this arc is over,a Yonko level only needs to sneeze on Donflamingo to kill him.

The Small One 2014-04-09 03:25

What a great chapter.
Funny how Law told Luffy to not free him, because they would be enemies again.

Doffy surviving was clearly expected, though I really hoped he would indeed be dead. Would have been a so perfectly anti-climatic death.

I wonder what Zoro is doing. Did he let the stoneman escape, or was he beaten?