AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   International Saimoe League 2012 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109310)

KholdStare 2011-12-31 04:11

International Saimoe League 2012

Did you have a nice break? Yes? Well, the International Saimoe League is finally back in 2012 for its fifth year! Nominations will start January 1, 2012 and will last for one week. There will be some significant changes to ISML this year that will be clarified later on in the post. In the mean time, here are some nice questions to think about:
  • Which characters from the Top 16 in 2011 will make Top 16 in 2012?
  • Which characters in 2011 won't be back in ISML Regular Season?
  • Which Stella characters will go up or down in rankings?
  • Which Nova characters shows promise in ISML 2012?
  • Which character do you want to win the tiara this year?

Remember to participate in ISML in 2012! You can visit us at the link below:

International Saimoe League 2012

< So, where is my dream? >
It is a continuation of reality.
< But where is my reality? >
It is at the end of your dream.

http://staff.internationalsaimoe.com...Logo_2012m.png
  • If you want to help us out in running this event, visit us @ #isml on irc.rizon.net
  • ISML also has its own forum if you really dislike posting in one single thread

Nova and Stella
-Characters will be placed into either of two divisions, Nova or Stella.
-Nova Division consists of new characters within the last two years, plus some exceptions.
-Stella Division consists mostly of characters in anime aired more than two years ago.
-Starting with the Preliminary Phase, characters are placed into Nova or Stella.

Nomination Phase
-There will be 12 nomination slots, unchanged from ISML 2011.
-You have to nominate at least 5 characters from 3 different series.
-Slots are unweighted, so all of your nominees receive 1 vote each.
-There is no restriction on how many Nova or Stella characters you must nominate.
-This phase will last for one week, starting from January 01 to January 07 of 2012.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3...bbea4c179c.png

Preliminary Phase
-For each division, a total of 84 characters from ISML 2011 and the nomination phase will participate.
-The format is last year's with 3 phases swapped: group, round robin, then elimination.
-This phase will last for about nine weeks, starting from February 12 to April 12, with 2 one-week breaks.

Round-Robin Phase
-The total contestants in the regular season changes to 72, 36 per division.
-There are no qualifiers directly to the regular season. All 72 contestants come from the Preliminary Phase.
-ISML Regular Season will now consist of 5 periods: Aquamarine, Amethyst, Ruby, Emerald, and Topaz.
-There will be an Necklace Match at the end of every period to determine the necklace winner.
-Each division will send 3-4 characters to each Necklace Match, for a total of 7.
-Each character can only win one necklace each year.
-This phase will last for about nineteen weeks, from May 6 through September 13, with breaks between each period.

Elimination Phase
-ISML post-season will be switch to a Single Elimination with two phases.
-Phase I determines the division winners, separately putting the Top 16 of each division into single elimination tournaments.
-Phase II determines the tiara winner, taking the Top 8 of each division from Phase I to form a single elimination tournament.
-These two phases will last for about four weeks, starting from September 30 and end October 28.

Summary of ISML 2012
Spoiler for Flowchart of ISML 2012:

Posting Rules

General Rules:
  • Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.
    This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.
  • Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
  • No Image campaigning.
    Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:
  • Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
    Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).
  • No "meta-posting".
    Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.
  • Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
    Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.
  • Do not create image only posts.
    You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images). PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images.

Ithekro 2011-12-31 04:16

So it begins....again. For Year Five.

Dhomochevsky 2011-12-31 07:00

Finally a chance to witness this mysterious event from the start.

HasuMasu 2011-12-31 07:28

^ Same here, man. :heh:

Kyuu 2011-12-31 07:50

What? It's Saimoe season again already? What the heck? :uhoh::eyespin:

Yea, yea. I know. Y'guys got this whole year thing going... which makes ISML somewhat synonymous to MLB. :p See you come playoffs time. Though, with this new format, I might take a peek a tidy-bit more often. Sorta; just to see how it comes out.

RegalStar 2011-12-31 10:26

Ditto. Last year I missed nominations, and the news that prelims moved a bit earlier so I missed prelim 1 as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KholdStare
Which character do you want to win the tiara this year?

Kuroneko, of course, but I'll see what I can take when the matches actually come.

Dhomochevsky 2011-12-31 10:30

I will have to put some more "research" into moe anime. :D

Right now, I would root for someone from the Steins;Gate cast. Not sure which one yet, I will just nominate them all and see how far they get. ;)
They would run in the Nova category, correct?

RegalStar 2011-12-31 10:44

Yes, they will.

And do nominate Mayushii, please.

Akito Kinomoto 2011-12-31 12:19

...Huh. I thought at least one of the Madoka gals would have auto-qualified. It's surprising, but I guess it shows you that anything can happen in the WWE ISML.

Game8910 2011-12-31 12:31

obligatory page 1 post from Game8910 \o

Also nominations already!? dammit I havent even started thinking on who I want yet

Last Sinner 2011-12-31 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game8910 (Post 3926779)

Also nominations already!? dammit I havent even started thinking on who I want yet

You won't need long. I only needed about 5 minutes to think of 12 that stood a chance but weren't already in the prelims. I'd give you about an hour.

Game8910 2011-12-31 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Sinner (Post 3926783)
You won't need long. I only needed about 5 minutes to think of 12 that stood a chance but weren't already in the prelims. I'd give you about an hour.

Actually I already have 8 names there. But thats all I really care about for nomiations for this ISML...I guess what im trying to say is, I have 4 free slots of nominations up for discussion for anyone interested :heh:

nishiura 2011-12-31 13:28

I don't like ISML and yet every year I end up voting anyway, heh. Obviously it will happen again this year. :heh:

I guess I'll be cheering for Madoka and Homura. Sayaka is my favourite Puella Magi, but she is not as moe as them and nobody likes her.

Last Sinner 2011-12-31 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game8910 (Post 3926789)
Actually I already have 8 names there. But thats all I really care about for nomiations for this ISML...I guess what im trying to say is, I have 4 free slots of nominations up for discussion for anyone interested :heh:

Sure, why not. Opportunity knocks.

ppaaccoojrf 2011-12-31 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game8910 (Post 3926779)

Same here, the whole post (though this is the first first-page post for me).

I guess I'll use today to make up my list, I only have about 4 characters decided already.

Dhomochevsky 2011-12-31 13:49

So first page posts are awesome?

Wow, I have two three of them now, did I step on a goldmine here? How much does having such a post increase my chance of building a personal 2D harem?

Last Sinner 2011-12-31 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky (Post 3926852)
So first page posts are awesome?

Wow, I have two of them now, did I step on a goldmine here? How much does having such a post increase my chance of building a personal 2D harem?

Never disclose harem info, for one thing. Lest someone else covet yours.

Kotohono 2011-12-31 13:56

Wait so we get 12 Nomination between the two groups? hmmm.... this will make deciding a bit worse for me :eyespin:.

Edit: WTF
Can someone explain to me why these characters got auto-qualification when they had BAD W-L last year?....
Haruna
Kuroi Mato
Aragaki Ayase
Iwasawa Asami

And why they were given a spot over Tomoyo, Kyou, and Kagami? :frustrated:; I was under the impression that the top 24 were the ones who got auto-qualification... so seeing top 20 + 4 random losers rather annoys me.

hinakatbklyn 2011-12-31 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 3926858)

Can someone explain to me why these characters got auto-qualification when they had BAD W-L last year?....
Haruna
Kuroi Mato
Aragaki Ayase
Iwasawa Asami

And why they were given a spot over Tomoyo, Kyou, and Kagami? :frustrated:; I was under the impression that the top 24 were the ones who got auto-qualification... so seeing top 20 + 4 random losers rather annoys me.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...php?f=2&t=2628
(see first post)

I was thinking the same thing that the top 24 should auto-qualify regardless of which division they qualify to. Instead, it will be the top 12 equally for each division. There were more representatives with winning records in the stella division. The Nova division still had a few spots available.

Only one that got a second chance despite her record that I wanted to see in the preliminaries <My opinion> is Haruna.

Last Sinner 2011-12-31 14:22

Get used to it. It will be on for young and old - quite literally.