AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112422)

MisaoFan 2012-05-22 06:34

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster)

http://i.imgur.com/zNxkQ.jpg

Original creator : Robiko
Plot summary : The romantic comedy centers around Shizuku Mizutani, a girl who has absolutely no interests except for school and her plans for the future. A boy named Yoshida would be seated next to her in class, but he has been constantly absent for one reason or another since the first day of school. By chance, she is sent to deliver class printouts to him, and that leads Yoshida to believe they are friends.

Note : Robiko launched the manga in 2008, and Kodansha published the ninth compiled book volume this past March. Dessert is also announcing that Kanae Hazuki's Suki-tte Ii na yo (Say "I love you".) manga is getting an anime.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-05-22 07:28

2 shojou announcements in one day? Sheez. That's rare :heh:.

Unfortunately this is a romcom, so I think I'll pass on this since it's not really my thing. Josei romcoms can be good, but shojo ones tend to go overboard with da sparkles and slapstick comedy. :heh:

ahelo 2012-05-22 11:04

Accidentally made another thread due to over excitement. Mods please delete!

We have a manga thread too so you can look in there.

Personally, I have been waiting for an adaptation of this since I started reading this a year ago. Not much of a following internationally, but it has been steadily selling more and more in Japan.

Besides it's been awhile since we got ourselves a good shoujo series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4171267)
2 shojou announcements in one day? Sheez. That's rare :heh:.

Unfortunately this is a romcom, so I think I'll pass on this since it's not really my thing. Josei romcoms can be good, but shojo ones tend to go overboard with da sparkles and slapstick comedy. :heh:

As much as it is a romcom, it's fairly subdued and it really focuses more on the romantic side of things than anything else.

Johnny 2012-05-22 13:40

It's a great manga with not only great MC's, but great side characters as well...

Tworble 2012-05-22 19:05

In my experience shoujo series based on manga, especially in this art style, tend to be good. It is all those idiotic reverse harem series that get on my nerves.

leokiko 2012-05-22 22:33

Most shoujos aren't that good. Gladly, this one is good. Looking foward to this.

Leo_Otaku 2012-05-22 23:44

Really looking forward to this :) As others said shoujo is rare! I love the art style too!

Sackett 2012-05-23 00:02

Oh cool!

This was an interesting manga. I know it's supposed to be shoujo, but it came across to me as a shoujo story with a more shounen style.

duckroll 2012-05-23 00:20

Fall 2012

Staff:
Director - Hiro Kaburaki
Series Composition - Noboru Takagi
Character Design - Tomohiro Kishi
Animation Production - Brains Base

Katapan 2012-05-23 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4172281)
Fall 2012

Staff:
Director - Hiro Kaburaki
Series Composition - Noboru Takagi
Character Design - Tomohiro Kishi
Animation Production - Brains Base

Woah. This is too beautiful to be true! Shoujo manga on TV lives on and can still get a good treatment! :o

They know their priorities too - Brain's Base for the one that looks more promising, and Zexcs for Sukitte Iinayo. (I have no idea how the latter's even going to work...)

Kakkou 2012-05-23 01:05

Brains Base? I'm in. They should be able to translate the manga art quite well too.

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 01:06

Well, that's certainly a safe shoujo choice for the director.

ahelo 2012-05-23 01:06

BRAIN'S BASE?!?!?!?! With the director of Kimi ni Todoke?!!? It's like god really heard my prayers or something.

Oh god this is really turning into a recipe for success.

Katapan 2012-05-23 01:16

Interestingly enough, they've changed a good chunk of the drama CD cast. What used to be a Suzumura Kenichi x Ise Mariya lead combination has turned into Suzuki Tatsuhisa x Tomatsu Haruka. Other new cast members include Tanezaki Atsumi, Ousaka Ryouta (!! it's time to make it big after Tsuritama), Terashima Takuma, Hanazawa Kana, Nakamura Yuuichi and Higuchi Tomoyuki. Basically, they swapped a lot of big names for other big names, so it's not like they're cutting corners.

Guardian Enzo 2012-05-23 01:19

Not a huge fan of Suzuki Tatsuhisa but any lead for Haruka-san is great news.

ahelo 2012-05-23 01:28

I'm not really familiar with Suzuki Tatsuhisa besides being on Baka to Test, but Haruka's a nice fit. Side character's VA are looking good too.

Kakkou 2012-05-23 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katapan (Post 4172323)
Interestingly enough, they've changed a good chunk of the drama CD cast. What used to be a Suzumura Kenichi x Ise Mariya lead combination has turned into Suzuki Tatsuhisa x Tomatsu Haruka. Other new cast members include Tanezaki Atsumi, Ousaka Ryouta (!! it's time to make it big after Tsuritama), Terashima Takuma, Hanazawa Kana, Nakamura Yuuichi and Higuchi Tomoyuki. Basically, they swapped a lot of big names for other big names, so it's not like they're cutting corners.

Hmmm, I would have preferred SuzuKen over him but the casting's alright. I'm looking forward to hearing the side characters speak more.

Katapan 2012-05-23 13:58

Another bit of information - checking the information behind the upcoming website, http://www.tk-anime.info (which hasn't opened yet, clearly), shows that Aniplex is behind the production. It won't be the case for Sukitte Iinayo, as you can tell just by reading the URL: http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/sukinayo/

Flower 2012-05-23 14:08

Mm hmm ... looks interesting.... I think I will see if I can give the manga a look as well.

Fevvers 2012-05-24 20:40

Ah, this is one of those "safe" shoujo to animate. Not that I'm complaining, the manga's load of fun with characters easy to root for. A big plus that the lead female is a badass nerd.