AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   High School DxD Hero - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151399)

Kairin 2018-04-23 21:26

High School DxD Hero - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD Hero, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kirihara_R 2018-04-24 12:42

With just only 2 episode , i already can say that this is much better than the season 3 (sorry for the anime viewers only) . In fact in my opinion if they continue to adapt it with this much accuracy then i think its not an exaggeration if this one surpass the 3 previous seasons as whole in terms of adaption

Seafoam 2018-04-24 13:17

Matsuda and Motohama were a riot this episode. :heh:

And it's nice to see that they're still showing some things that BorN messed up, either by referencing them or showing quick flashbacks.

The End of Son 2018-04-24 13:51

It's a shame to see the damage Born did still remains. But it was overall a good episode with nice fanservice bits.

dragonroots 2018-04-24 14:36

I loved this episode, i dont like that they only referenced the satan rangers chapter but at least they confirmed it to be anime cannon but aside from that no complaints and all the compliments possible.

Raptor178 2018-04-24 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirihara_R (Post 6228836)
With just only 2 episode , i already can say that this is much better than the season 3 (sorry for the anime viewers only) . In fact in my opinion if they continue to adapt it with this much accuracy then i think its not an exaggeration if this one surpass the 3 previous seasons as whole in terms of adaption

I don't believe that seasons 1 and 2 lose out on the adaptation category just yet. It's only episode 2. We have to wait and see.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2018-04-24 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirihara_R (Post 6228836)

Season 3 was a disaster make no mistake about it. They changed far too much. That being said you are giving this season far more credit then it deserves so far. Was the fanservice up to par yes but that's something DxD does well most of the time anyway so i don't judge it.
As for the scenes that you judge the story on I found that they were alright at best. Eisha looked pretty damn good i'll give them that and i damn near didn't recognize Serafall but the Rossweisse Issei scene didn't have nearly the pizazz i would've enjoyed and the lead up to the battle with the demons was blah as well. Outside of that i'm not gonna go nuts

bakato 2018-04-24 22:05

I initially liked the character designs but now I'm fighting the urge to vomit in the first minute. Xenovia looked hideous and the girls look like they're on the verge of devolving into blobs any second.

KnightShade 2018-04-24 22:09

"nice proportions"

isseis meme faces have me dying this season

thefreakmike 2018-04-25 00:06

You know Rossweisse is best girl material when she manages to steal the entire episode :D

Kirihara_R 2018-04-25 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor178 (Post 6228942)
I don't believe that seasons 1 and 2 lose out on the adaptation category just yet. It's only episode 2. We have to wait and see.

Haha thats true , my post looks like a Im a bit hasty about my judgement but as you can see thats for the future thats why I said "If they continue doing it with this accuracy"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 (Post 6228961)
Season 3 was a disaster make no mistake about it. They changed far too much. That being said you are giving this season far more credit then it deserves so far. Was the fanservice up to par yes but that's something DxD does well most of the time anyway so i don't judge it.
As for the scenes that you judge the story on I found that they were alright at best. Eisha looked pretty damn good i'll give them that and i damn near didn't recognize Serafall but the Rossweisse Issei scene didn't have nearly the pizazz i would've enjoyed and the lead up to the battle with the demons was blah as well. Outside of that i'm not gonna go nuts

Like I said above, thats for the future . Im not expecting it to be perfect because of the limit of what they can do but for me, I like what I seen so far so if they keep these up then theres no doubt about it in my opinion at least. As for the fight of ross and isse there's something missing so maybe thats the reason why you felt that way.

Anyway the fight scene so far look so well, looks like I can expect something big soon

Lex79 2018-04-25 03:10

Now I hope for an OAV with the Satan ranger's episode.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2018-04-25 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefreakmike (Post 6229041)
You know Rossweisse is best girl material when she manages to steal the entire episode :D

It's pretty easy to "steal" an episode when you consider that it's Rossweisse's "initiation" into the ero life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirihara_R (Post 6229047)

Like I said above, thats for the future . Im not expecting it to be perfect because of the limit of what they can do but for me, I like what I seen so far so if they keep these up then theres no doubt about it in my opinion at least. As for the fight of ross and isse there's something missing so maybe thats the reason why you felt that way.

Anyway the fight scene so far look so well, looks like I can expect something big soon

I don't expect perfection far from it. However i know that certain things should be done well and IMO they weren't in this episode.

The Green One 2018-04-25 09:00

So am I the only one who thinks people are blowing this seasons art WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion? Way people are behaving you'd think the animatiors were using crudely drawn scribble art the way people are carrying on. Look I get it, you don't like the designs fine. But seriously, chill out ok?

Also enough about born. I get it, you think it's a burning dumpster fire. Let's move on.

Royalknightftw 2018-04-25 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 (Post 6229110)
It's pretty easy to "steal" an episode when you consider that it's Rossweisse's "initiation" into the ero life.

I don't expect perfection far from it. However i know that certain things should be done well and IMO they weren't in this episode.

And what are the things that need to be done?

B214 2018-04-25 17:57

Come to think of it.

Spoiler for Scene:

CCPDarkraiRules 2018-04-25 17:59

There is no kiss scene for Xenovia in Volume 9.

B214 2018-04-25 18:40

Oh right that's 19. :heh:

DragonKing0117 2018-04-25 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by B214 (Post 6229341)
Oh right that's 19. :heh:

You're about 10 volumes off man. :heh:

Also, Motohama, that face of yours is all the fuel fangirls need to ship you with Matsuda... :heh:

Nvis 2018-04-26 00:18

So Issei already had a hot woman like Elsha hiding in his mind? :eek: