AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hellsing manga discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=7592)

Mixednutt 2004-02-17 13:52

Hellsing manga discussion

I'm currently in the midst of a Hellsing obsession, and I thought I might encourage it by buying the manga. I just wanted to know if it was one of those kickass mangas that the series was based off of, or if it's one of those crappy mangas based off the series to suck in more cash from an already profitable venture. I hate those mangas. So, is it any good?

Griffith 2004-02-17 15:07

The manga came first and ends differently than the anime does. I've heard it's quite good but can't say for sure as I haven't read it.

Mixednutt 2004-02-17 15:55

Whulp, I just bought volume 1, so I guess in a couple days I'll be able to answer the question for myself. I'll report back my findings, gov.

AnimeFangirl 2004-02-17 16:30

Well if you were going to buy it anyway, then you needn't have bothered to ask first.

Mixednutt 2004-02-17 16:42

Thanks captain obvious! It's not like my entire decision rested on what you people had to say, it's just that I couldn't think of a better place to get some advice (That's a compliment). And the manga goes a lot quicker than the series. The two tell the same story a little differently, but the manga is good 'ole hellsing just like the series.

AnimeFangirl 2004-02-17 19:48

It's not so much an "entire" decision but that it sounds like you were going to buy it no matter what anyone said. So why ask?

Spooky-Electric 2004-02-17 20:42

Maybe he just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on the series, whether he was going to buy it or not.

Why do you care so much?

Mixednutt 2004-02-17 21:40

Well it looks like dorfl is trying to figure out what kind of person I am. I don't remember my exact thought process, but while I was waiting for a response from someone I just got impatient 'cause it was taking too long, so I drove over to the book store and opened it up to see what it was like. If someone would have replied that it was a stupid manga and not worth buying, then I would have saved some gas.

I hope you're happy dorfl, because I'm no longer going to indulge your inquiries into my personal life. I know you love me, but I don't need any more stalkers clogging up my social life</sarcasm>.

eiri 2004-07-08 03:17

Hellsing manga

is the Hellsing manga series completed yet, how many tankabons are out?
(in japan, not dark horse's)

Fighter Volk 2004-07-10 20:19

I'm pretty sure it isn't complete. I read scanlations halfway through volume 5 before it was licensed. I'm not exactly sure how many tankubons are out, but my local Kinokuniya only has up to Voulme 6 and they're usually really up to date with stuff.

Mr_Paper 2004-07-10 23:59

There are only 6 volumes of the manga.

Fronzel 2004-07-13 20:18

A reasonable length!

SoulDrinker 2004-07-14 10:03

dark horse is being evil with there releases. why do they keep delaying the releases, last i checked vol 4 comes out in sept

Mr_Paper 2004-07-14 18:10

You know, six volumes in about twelve months isn't that bad. That's a volume every other month which is the same rate they release the rest of their manga titles just like TokyoPop, CPM Manga, Viz and a number of other companies.

whatever123 2004-07-15 01:06

sorry this might sound stupid, but is it 6 volumes and the manga ends? or is it just 6 volumes currently with more to come?

Yebyosh 2004-07-15 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever123
sorry this might sound stupid, but is it 6 volumes and the manga ends? or is it just 6 volumes currently with more to come?

It is still running in Japan in one of those monthlys (can't recall which one). Only 6 volumes have been compiled in tankoubons so far.

whatever123 2004-07-15 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yebyosh
It is still running in Japan in one of those monthlys (can't recall which one). Only 6 volumes have been compiled in tankoubons so far.

oh i see, thats much better :)

Uzumaki_kitsune 2004-08-08 21:58

Hellsing The Greatest

well in this thread id like to discuss hellsing what you do first is for all newbies give your little thoughts on what its about and some of the characters in your own words and what you think about it after a while you wont have to, so give me your thoughts

polarbear 2004-08-09 12:27

i just think that the drawing in hellsing is pretty similar to "ushio and tora"...it cud just be me of coz ^^;

the story is great but the bad thing is just that releasing new issues seem to be very slow =p

Uzumaki_kitsune 2004-08-09 23:51

"hellsing" can it be?! the real Harkonnen?!

i found this while sufing the net i suggest you take a look and read this link
http://www.geocities.com/pizzatest/panzerfaust6.htm