AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

LoweGear 2010-09-25 03:05

Closeup images of the MG 00 Qan[T]'s arms and legs. Also, GN Drive:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/...fc259b11_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/...ef8b391d_b.jpg

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-09-25 03:08

So, is one all we're gonna get it? Because it DOES have two. :p

I'd like to see how the second GN Drive is integrated into the shield.

BurningChaos 2010-09-25 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3264153)
So, is one all we're gonna get it? Because it DOES have two. :p

I'd like to see how the second GN Drive is integrated into the shield.

The GN Drive on the chest of 00Qan[T] closely resembles the GN Drive of Exia O.O...Me my self would also like to see the components of the newly designed GN Drive which is integrated in the shield.

duotiga 2010-09-25 05:30

hhmm....kinda weird that i manage to get hg raphael 1st before harute =x

Winchester 2010-09-25 05:46

BTW, one thing that's struck me as odd for a bit - are there any other actual Gundams except the 00 Movie versions that don't have beam sabers in any form? Those are usually pretty much one of the inital distinguishing features that tells you you're looking at a gundam rather than a grunt suit (the other being the V-fin), since in the beginning of a gundam continuity no one else has them.

Are there any decent pictures available anywhere with the 00's shield in "shield mode"? The mounting angle of it on the arm is a bit awkward, and I'm hoping to figure out a decent pose with it for either my current HG kit or a possible second one...

Cheers,

SP

duotiga 2010-09-25 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winchester (Post 3264283)
BTW, one thing that's struck me as odd for a bit - are there any other actual Gundams except the 00 Movie versions that don't have beam sabers in any form? Those are usually pretty much one of the inital distinguishing features that tells you you're looking at a gundam rather than a grunt suit (the other being the V-fin), since in the beginning of a gundam continuity no one else has them.

for a first for gundam(s) , not single 1 of them carry a beam saber

LoweGear 2010-09-25 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3264320)
for a first for gundam(s) , not single 1 of them carry a beam saber

Actually, the Seravee II carries beam sabers. It's the only one confirmed to do so though. :heh:

duotiga 2010-09-25 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3264322)
Actually, the Seravee II carries beam sabers. It's the only one confirmed to do so though. :heh:

but sadly didnt even use in the movie :heh:

justavisitor 2010-09-25 18:03

in 00's universe, beam saber is not good at all since it can't cut through a GN field...while I think even a Cherudium's pistol/axe can cut through the GN field!!!

Kuroi Hadou 2010-09-25 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 3265271)
in 00's universe, beam saber is not good at all since it can't cut through a GN field...

But not every GNMS can create a GN Field... Even then GN Beam Sabers were primarily used against targets with no GN ability whatsoever.

Quote:

while I think even a Cherudium's pistol/axe can cut through the GN field!!!
That would be because it uses GN Blades. I'm assuming Zabanya's can do the same.

Vash1306 2010-09-25 18:29

Plus using beam sabers during the movie would be dumb because everyone wants to stay away from the ELS :P

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-09-25 18:31

I'd say in the 00verse, beam sabers are the lowest quality of GN technology you can get. Only used last resort situations, can't penetrate GN Fields, they just aren't the weapon they use to be. :p

Kuroi Hadou 2010-09-25 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3265304)
I'd say in the 00verse, beam sabers are the lowest quality of GN technology you can get. Only used last resort situations, can't penetrate GN Fields, they just aren't the weapon they use to be. :p

I'm glad. Solid blades are kickass.:cool:

Rising Dragon 2010-09-25 19:07

Both energy blades and solid-state blades have their pros and cons over one another. However, in the 00verse, the solid-state blade is often more useful simply because it can cut through GN-Fields easier--this includes the fields present in GN-Composite Armor. It is, as Lockon said, anti-Gundam weaponry, and since season 2, Celestial Being's most dangerous enemy, the Federation, utilizes GNMS as its mainstay weapon, hence the need for GN-Sword tech.

Never mind the sheer power present in the Condenser blade as shown in the GN-Sword III, it was only logical for CB to concentrate on developing that line of technology. Besides, there's really not much else you can do for beam sabers to develop them further; the Reborns Gundam is likely the pinnacle of such technology when it comes to practical application (Raiser Sword is not very practical, which is why I'm not including it here).

Kuroi Hadou 2010-09-25 19:50

Quote:

Besides, there's really not much else you can do for beam sabers to develop them further; the Reborns Gundam is likely the pinnacle of such technology when it comes to practical application (Raiser Sword is not very practical, which is why I'm not including it here).
So why not include Reborns-style beam sabers as a last resort?:uhoh: They seem to be pretty versatile in where they can be stored.

Rising Dragon 2010-09-25 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3265388)
So why not include Reborns-style beam sabers as a last resort?:uhoh: They seem to be pretty versatile in where they can be stored.

Because the Reborns' sabers utilized the high output of the TDS, which only the 00 Qan[T] can do.

Kuroi Hadou 2010-09-25 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3265399)
Because the Reborns' sabers utilized the high output of the TDS, which only the 00 Qan[T] can do.

But why not equip them with the high-capacity GN Condensers the 00 (and most likely 00Q) used? They'd only be for last resort, so its not like you're going to be using them often.

Rising Dragon 2010-09-25 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3265406)
But why not equip them with the high-capacity GN Condensers the 00 (and most likely 00Q) used? They'd only be for last resort, so its not like you're going to be using them often.

Because those condensers were designed with the TDS in mind, too, and they can't really be used properly with a single GN-Drive, as the 007S/G proved.

Also we should take this to the tech thread before we get yelled at by Gundam's non-existent moderators.

Kuroi Hadou 2010-09-25 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3265416)
Also we should take this to the tech thread before we get yelled at by Gundam's non-existent moderators.

Wait, the Gundam section has moderators?:twitch::twitch::twitch:

Rising Dragon 2010-09-25 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3265418)
Wait, the Gundam section has moderators?:twitch::twitch::twitch:

Sometimes. When we remind them that there aren't any.