AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-12-01 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3880127)
the trend now for MG kits is usually end of the mth...well at least can get the FA Unicorn b4 Christmas/New year?

So maybe at the end of January we will get Master Grade Exia Repair 2?

Exia_00 2011-12-01 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882048)
So maybe at the end of January we will get Master Grade Exia Repair 2?

no, the point is any MG we know that has been announced generally gets released at the end of the month.

suiton629 2011-12-01 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3882085)
no, the point is any MG we know that has been announced generally gets released at the end of the month.

I see.

>_<

:: waits for MG Exia Repair 2 ::

Chiu_fan 2011-12-01 10:45

I've been looking around pictures of the upcoming MG Heavyarms and I'm curious, will it have a beam saber with the beam blade? All I've seen so far is the rack for the beam saber.

Appel 2011-12-01 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882048)
So maybe at the end of January we will get Master Grade Exia Repair 2?

they havent announced it yet so no. even variations of older models get announced relatively soon. we also had a lot of expos going on during the last couple of weeks, if they would make a repair II they would have announced it there.
their release schedule is just too tightly packed right now.

suiton629 2011-12-01 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3882136)
they havent announced it yet so no. even variations of older models get announced relatively soon. we also had a lot of expos going on during the last couple of weeks, if they would make a repair II they would have announced it there.
their release schedule is just too tightly packed right now.

I don't think they would have to announce it at the expos given that:

a. resources are limited
b. AGE and Unicorn are currently the big hits

So with that in mind, from a business point of view, they would not show the MG Exia Repair 2, even if they were developing it.

Appel 2011-12-01 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882156)
So with that in mind, from a business point of view, they would not show the MG Exia Repair 2, even if they were developing it.

that makes no sense^^ developing a MG model needs a lot of money and resources. its a risk for bandai to develope and sell it, they HAVE to announce it so that peope KNOW that it will be sold among the other big releases XD
but also, you essentially explained why bandai wont make the exia RII yet:
"a. resources are limited
b. AGE and Unicorn are currently the big hits"
add the fact that the wing MGs have just barely reached about their halfway point now, bandai simply doesnt have the time to release models for an old series like OO!

Asunaki 2011-12-01 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882096)
I see.

>_<

:: waits for MG Exia Repair 2 ::

Dood,if you want your MG R2 so bad,why don't you just do a conversion by your yourself?
By the time you'll be done,I'm pretty sure Bandai won't be anytime near of announcing a MG R2.

suiton629 2011-12-01 12:03

Oh and how is the 1/100 No Grade Avalanche Exia?

Exia_00 2011-12-01 12:20

i dont think the R2 exia will be hard to create, you do know that the mg exia can do that thing where it "opens" its gn drive anyway right? when i saw that, i knew for a fact bandai doesnt even need to release it, even so whats wrong with the HG?

and on topic of the avalanche exia its just like the exia with alot more things on top, it kind of reduces mobility but isnt a bad kit at all there isnt too much difference to the 1/100 exia for there to be anything else for me to say. i once again recommend HG.

suiton629 2011-12-01 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3882227)
i dont think the R2 exia will be hard to create, you do know that the mg exia can do that thing where it "opens" its gn drive anyway right? when i saw that, i knew for a fact bandai doesnt even need to release it, even so whats wrong with the HG?

and on topic of the avalanche exia its just like the exia with alot more things on top, it kind of reduces mobility but isnt a bad kit at all there isnt too much difference to the 1/100 exia for there to be anything else for me to say. i once again recommend HG.

The thing is, I got for No Grade 1/100 and Master Grade kits only.

Bonta Kun 2011-12-01 15:22

You know I'll never quite understand the notion of getting both the NG and MG of the same model.
From what I've seen, nike is you have MG and NG of some gundam, is there any point to that other than just for the sake of it?

I know it happens and alot of hardcore fans will do that but just something I never quite understood.
Would like to hear some insight into it.

suiton629 2011-12-01 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3882431)
You know I'll never quite understand the notion of getting both the NG and MG of the same model.
From what I've seen, nike is you have MG and NG of some gundam, is there any point to that other than just for the sake of it?

I know it happens and alot of hardcore fans will do that but just something I never quite understood.
Would like to hear some insight into it.

Who said I was getting the NG and MG of the same model? You need to learn to read more carefully.

:: sigh ::

I get MG of kits if they are available. If not, then I look for the 1/100 NG and then get that.

Znozzy 2011-12-01 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3882431)
You know I'll never quite understand the notion of getting both the NG and MG of the same model.
From what I've seen, nike is you have MG and NG of some gundam, is there any point to that other than just for the sake of it?

I know it happens and alot of hardcore fans will do that but just something I never quite understood.
Would like to hear some insight into it.

In my case, i currently own 3 1/100 NG Exia's, 2 NG Astraea's

Bought the first 1/100 Exia when it was released, it shelfdived though so the left arm snapped in half, i ended up buying a second one so i could salvage it for spareparts, in the end i ended up converting one of them to a homemade Exia R1

third one i managed to come over at a finishing sale, got it for around 10 USD~ and i painted it black.

the two Astraea's i bought for the dual launcher and dual Proto-GN swords, looks great ^^

tbh it's a matter of supply and demand, NG 1/100's used to come out before the MG's, so i usually picked those up, then i bought the MG if it's a significant improvement over the NG one, if not, then meh.

i Also own both NG 1/100 Launcher/Aile strike and MG Aile Strike and MG Strike Noir, bought them in that order, love the Strike design, those MG's look so much better.

Hope it gives you some insight.

Also, Zing@Nike, 2 pages in a row now! damn.

You usually keep track of things Nike, if they announce a MG Exia R2 i'm sure you'll find out before most of us! :)


Just finished building my 1/144 Kshatriya, beautiful kit. well spent money, no loose parts sofar except the manipulator arms, but those are pretty much a given anyhow.

DarkWarrior 2011-12-01 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3878881)
RG frames are actually not that bad , u shld give a try Appel
my stand still remains, RG inner frames with lesser outer frames parts for MG Duel

I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

Znozzy 2011-12-01 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3882675)
I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

Are you serious? no pegs on the prototype weapons? that's pretty lame, but not surprising at all, seeing how they use the same basic frame with a few modifications

Bonta Kun 2011-12-01 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3882617)
Who said I was getting the NG and MG of the same model? You need to learn to read more carefully.

:: sigh ::

I get MG of kits if they are available. If not, then I look for the 1/100 NG and then get that.

I wasn't exactly aiming that at you nor do I think it as a bad thing, just something I don't understand.
In fact I think it's a good thing people spend more money on gunpla.
However I then did aim a question at you cause I thought it applied to you, just I thought you had a whole load of kits stilll unbuilt and some of them were of the same model but if I'm mistaken then my bad.

This thread can move pretty quickly sometimes and it can easily overwrite old news and info for me pretty easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3882672)
In my case, i currently own 3 1/100 NG Exia's, 2 NG Astraea's

Bought the first 1/100 Exia when it was released, it shelfdived though so the left arm snapped in half, i ended up buying a second one so i could salvage it for spareparts, in the end i ended up converting one of them to a homemade Exia R1

third one i managed to come over at a finishing sale, got it for around 10 USD~ and i painted it black.

the two Astraea's i bought for the dual launcher and dual Proto-GN swords, looks great ^^

tbh it's a matter of supply and demand, NG 1/100's used to come out before the MG's, so i usually picked those up, then i bought the MG if it's a significant improvement over the NG one, if not, then meh.

i Also own both NG 1/100 Launcher/Aile strike and MG Aile Strike and MG Strike Noir, bought them in that order, love the Strike design, those MG's look so much better.

Hope it gives you some insight.

Also, Zing@Nike, 2 pages in a row now! damn.

You usually keep track of things Nike, if they announce a MG Exia R2 i'm sure you'll find out before most of us! :)


Just finished building my 1/144 Kshatriya, beautiful kit. well spent money, no loose parts sofar except the manipulator arms, but those are pretty much a given anyhow.

Hmm I guess I can understand the buying another to replace a broken models(altho never done that myself...yet at least *touch wood*) and also get getting that some get NGs before MG comes out, altho have seen people get both at the same time which is somewhat puzzling, guessing they just like to collect and have a little too much on their hands:p

Think I'm just not fond of the idea of getting the NGs and that affects my thinking on the matter(yet I'd pick them up cause by the looks of it we'd probably never see MGs of them, would really like a Vent Saviour)

duotiga 2011-12-01 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3882675)
I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

thats my initial though when 1st announce for MG Duel & if you see the PG Strike Manual , they all comes from the same frame

http://www.dalong.net/review/pg/p09/p/p09_im0006.jpg

casval cehack 2011-12-01 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3882675)
I'll bet you 2 cookies that MG Duel is going to use a slightly updated Strike frame. The prototype weapons didn't even have peg holes on them.

Only a few changes to the basic armor too (aside from the head). No wonder Bandai created the Assault Shroud for Duel.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3125/gatseries.jpg

suiton629 2011-12-01 23:39

wondering where my mg exia r2 is... come on bandai... hint hint!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.