AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70322)

Kaioshin Sama 2008-08-20 22:25

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood General Discussion

Well will be confirmed in the upcoming 20th volume issue of the manga proper. Here's the details:

Quote:

The wraparound jacket band on the 20th volume of Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist manga will confirm on Friday that a new television anime series is in the works. A new anime series was a topic of much fan discussion for several months, but it was thrust into a more public spotlight last month when a management document was purportedly leaked from the BONES anime studio. The document listed Fullmetal Alchemist animator Yasuhiro Irie as "Hagane 2 kantoku" (Iron/Fullmetal 2 director).

After the purported leak, BONES President Masahiko Minami posted an official statement that said that no file with this same formatted information existed within the company. When asked about the possibility of a sequel to Fullmetal Alchemist or Darker than BLACK (another BONES anime), Minami told ANN, "It hasn't been decided yet. We are interested in doing them. As original science-fiction works, they were extremely fascinating. With these kinds of dramatic story lines, I feel that there's a lot we could do potentially."

Viz Media will publish the 17th volume of the manga version in North America this October, while FUNimation Entertainment released both the first television series and its theatrical movie finale.

Source: Anime News Network
Should be good news for fans. Here's to the envitable reunion of Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya in their legendary roles as Edward and Alphonse Elric.

ZODDGUTS 2008-08-20 22:47

Looking forward to seeing Olivia and Lin.
:bow:

solomon 2008-08-20 23:08

And we await the FLOOD of useless speculative jabbering of said series by numbers of untold anime nerds across the net.

Still, as long as BONES and the original seiyuu are back for the project, I'm excited as well.

kujoe 2008-08-20 23:10

But will it take place after the movie, or will it be a brand new spin-off?

ZODDGUTS 2008-08-20 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 1823417)
And we await the FLOOD of useless speculative jabbering of said series by numbers of untold anime nerds across the net.

Still, as long as BONES and the original seiyuu are back for the project, I'm excited as well.

True but the rumor of their being another series turn out to be true also part of the rumor was that it was also a remake and follow closely to the manga. Not that it's guaranteed it's true but it's likely right now. Plus with how things are going in the manga it's going to end soon so the anime will be able to animated the ending of the manga.

Matt122005 2008-08-20 23:31

AWESOME! WOOT!

-Matt

PS. A remake would be so nice, but rather, it should pick up at Ep. 25 when they split off. Ya know, never introduce WRATH and pick up back with the manga storyline.

The Chaos 2008-08-20 23:32

wow...must watch !!

Elvanvitar 2008-08-20 23:56

cant wait for this

Leo_Otaku 2008-08-21 00:21

I hope it does better than how the anime really left off. I hope it will be a more faithful adaption. I also hope the noob train doesn't find out till later >.> Over in my city so much bootleg merchandise for this series is made.

LightningZERO 2008-08-21 01:05

Interesting. Can't wait for more news!

Mystique 2008-08-21 01:59

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eys/twitch.gif
RIO!!!!
*screams and runs to find her*
Wow... i don't think i can financially afford to be another crazed avid FMA fangirl again, it already took over my life for 2 years xD
But the way the movie ended, we all said it 'If they wanted to make another, they easily can'

So many loose ends in it, it wasn't 'closure'
It'd be nice they continued after the movie, cause despite the manga reaching volume 20, it's a totally different path, so we'll see.

But man... my heart's all a flutter *swoon*

Oh Ed~~ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mileys/wub.gif
(and here was I thinking that I grew out of my crush for him) ><;;;

Hee hee, now I have a reason to really self-study hard to get my Japanese back up. You do realise even if it goes ahead and get fansubbed it'll be hit with a license faster than we can clap our hands and transmute something? :p
(Raws, glorious raws~)

FlareKnight 2008-08-21 04:39

Now this is some exciting news. Honestly if the end of the animated version of this series was the way the movie went then it would be an epic tragedy. God I really hated the end of that movie. Still some great news and I'm looking forward to it. Also the important question of how I haven't gone to finish the manga already is beyond me.

yezhanquan 2008-08-21 06:51

Will it be in OVA format?

S_K 2008-08-21 08:35

Hopefully theyre gonna follow the manga material, but nonetheless, this should be great!

duckroll 2008-08-21 09:01

Moon Phase is saying that it is a reboot adaptation of the manga, and will be a year long TV series like the first series. It'll air starting in April 2009 on the new GeassR2/00SecondSeries slot on TBS and MBS on Sundays.

Moon Phase has never been wrong before, and he's spilled the beans for tons of stuff before they're formally announced, so there's no reason to think this isn't 100% true.

ZODDGUTS 2008-08-21 10:54

Woot! Good news then, looking forward to one moment between Hawkeye and Mustang in the manga to be animated. :)

tigerwoods 2008-08-21 10:58

Great news! It WILL be the most anticipated series for months ;)

Vegard Aune 2008-08-21 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 1824204)
Moon Phase is saying that it is a reboot adaptation of the manga, and will be a year long TV series like the first series. It'll air starting in April 2009 on the new GeassR2/00SecondSeries slot on TBS and MBS on Sundays.

Moon Phase has never been wrong before, and he's spilled the beans for tons of stuff before they're formally announced, so there's no reason to think this isn't 100% true.

That... Is... AWESOME! I was not sure if I would bother if they were gonna just continue from the movie's ending, (Unlike... someone, I thought the movie's ending was perfectly satisfying and conclusive) but if they really are starting over and following the manga all the way, then I'm definitely gonna watch it as soon as it comes out.

Li Jianliang 2008-08-21 11:21

As much as I'm excited about the new series, I am foreseeing another flood of middle school kids cosplaying Hagaren... Oh god no... >_>

Leo_Otaku 2008-08-21 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Jianliang (Post 1824460)
As much as I'm excited about the new series, I am foreseeing another flood of middle school kids cosplaying Hagaren... Oh god no... >_>

nooo don't scare me >.< The convention here already looks like a prison convention with the orange jumpers 0_0