AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93816)

Klashikari 2010-05-14 09:48

Angel Beats! - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

konart 2010-05-14 13:12

Well, the first part of the ep was about Otonashi's past, poor him.

Second part was about hot springs fishing, lol. Kanade really looked like Yin from the OVA with all those flowers and her hat

And the last 20 seconds delivered

Spoiler for Yin:

Fawx9 2010-05-14 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by konart (Post 3047945)

Spoiler for Yin:

Adun Toridas

konart 2010-05-14 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawx9 (Post 3047949)
Adun Toridas

Need some fanart with her saying "May Adun give you sanctuary"

Kanon 2010-05-14 13:28

Oh boy, I can't wait to see the reactions to this episode....

Spoiler for episode 7 short summary +impressions:

Ice Block 2010-05-14 13:29

Spoiler for Ep07 summary:

Archon_Wing 2010-05-14 13:40

Oh nos, judging by the summaries...

Spoiler:

icyhandofcrap 2010-05-14 13:49

TK is super awesome again. CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP.

Otanashi x Kanade FTW

Klashikari 2010-05-14 14:13

While I wasn't all that pleased with the "easy" resolution regarding Ayato, this episode was very good.
As much as it looks like a filler first, it is refreshing regarding characters interactions, namely Yuri, Otonashi (or should I say, Yuzuru now) and Kanade.
The way how Kanade could join the SSS was natural with Yuzuru as the mediator (and Yuri still being sensitive).

For some reasons, the whole "fun" part really reminds me of Maeda's usual antics (especially similar to Clannad and Little Busters! so to speak), which isn't bad at all. I must say, the punch lines were a bit too classic, but working nevertheless.
Speaking of which, since Saito was voiced by Midorikawa (Yoshino Yusuke, Natsume Kyousuke), I expected a ridiculous speech, and it was indeed the case :heh:.
"Overdrive is passive"... seriously, I think Kanade is a -huge- JRPG otaku :heh:

That being said, the last portion of the episode is wide open for some batshit though I'm more curious of the reason why Harmonics Kanade (or rather Tenshi) is going rogue like this. But back from the fish slicing hi ougi, she already had red eyes so.

One thing about the studio: even if the quality isn't really outstanding, they make some efforts by skipping ED sequence once again.

Xellos-_^ 2010-05-14 14:35

the Red Eyes are result of

1. Allergy
2. Saika possession
3. Kanade has been in THE WORLD too long and is suffering form the Reki syndrome

tsunade666 2010-05-14 15:18

Seeing Kanade with hat is enough for me to give out my 10!!!!

Really funny and touching episode and it would be great if they expand it a little. But I guess they are limited for 1 person's background story per episode. Well Kanade is just pure moe. And now kanade is calling otonashi yuzuru and otonashi or yuzuru would be calling kanade kanade. Isn't that a great development.

But still this episode reeks YAOI air everywhere.

blitz1/2 2010-05-14 15:19

Damn, they didn't follow my idea of a twin tailed Kanade (for the evil one that is). Oh well...

icyhandofcrap 2010-05-14 15:20

Man, that background music when dark Tenshi shows up is awesome.

Key Board 2010-05-14 15:44

The BL pandering is obvious but I don't mind. Let the girls have their fun too.

Also, Otonashi keeps on raising event flags with Kanade. I guess he's set on clearing the story on Kanade route.

But that's what you expect of the titular heroine

blitz1/2 2010-05-14 16:02

Love TK's "Zetsubou no Carnival!" xD LOL

tsunade666 2010-05-14 16:16

I wonder on who will be the end flag for otonashi or yuzuru. His setting up flags from boys to girls and now his going on Kanade's route.

Kanon 2010-05-14 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3048001)
"Overdrive is passive"... seriously, I think Kanade is a -huge- JRPG otaku :heh:

Yuri thought she might be an anime otaku in the novel, but now this seems far more likely :heh: (either that or she's both)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3048083)
Damn, they didn't follow my idea of a twin tailed Kanade (for the evil one that is). Oh well...

Eye color is enough to tell them apart, but she might still change her hairstyle later on. Don't lose hope !

blitz1/2 2010-05-14 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3048185)
Yuri thought she might be an anime otaku in the novel, but now this seems far more likely :heh: (either that or she's both)

Eye color is enough to tell them apart, but she might still change her hairstyle later on. Don't lose hope !

Well, of course the eye colour (red eyes), but I was hoping for more of an appearance change than just eyes. xD

Windows X 2010-05-14 18:26

Sounds weird. They're scared of ex-student council student while having Ayato who massacered them backing up.

Klashikari 2010-05-14 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windows X (Post 3048316)
Sounds weird. They're scared of ex-student council student while having Ayato who massacered them backing up.

The thing with Ayato is probably how he can't do stuff alone (as he doesn't seem to have any weaponry) and that he is pretty much Yuzuru's fanboy, not to mention they encountered him only once.

Meanwhile, they clashed with Kanade so many times she was basically their sworn enemy for ages (and I think "Tenshi" is much more intimidating with her deadly skills than a guy who relies on his armed goons to do something)