AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Any Translator interested in doing Ashita No Joe? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=8693)

saku 2004-03-03 20:15

Any Translator interested in doing Ashita No Joe?

Ashita No Joe is a 70's anime and involves boxing :heh:. Here's more info.... There's a bunch of staff memebers who would really like to get this project going. We already have ep 2 done...(why ep 2 first? Long story >.>)

We need dedicated/dependable translators that are interested. If there are any timers who are interested too... don't hestiate to contact me XD. Please, email me at oo_babysw33t_oo@hotmail.com (msn too), PM saku on irc.rizon.net/irc.efnet.net and AIM: s8k11.

thnx
-saku

a7m4 2004-03-03 23:22

Im happy someone is interested in subbing Ashita no Joe. I have been wanting to see it for quite awhile. Osamu Dezaki is one of my favorite directors of all time, and being paired with Akio Sugino makes it even better.

Do you already have the raws? If so, what source are they from?

saku 2004-03-03 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by a7m4
Im happy someone is interested in subbing Ashita no Joe. I have been wanting to see it for quite awhile. Osamu Dezaki is one of my favorite directors of all time, and being paired with Akio Sugino makes it even better.

Do you already have the raws? If so, what source are they from?

yea, we do. Ep 2 already done :heh:. We wanted R2s but found HK dvds as well. The HK was cheaper (of course XD) so we ordered those to see the quality and it was pretty good. R2s would have been nice....

-saku

a7m4 2004-03-05 01:04

It's really a shame that no one is interested in this classic. Im sure this thread would be flooded with posts if it was for the newest echii series of the moment.

Anyways..I have no skill in translating, but I am more than glad to help with anything else you might need. Also, how are the subs that are on the HK DVDs?

saku 2004-03-05 10:58

Quote:

It's really a shame that no one is interested in this classic. Im sure this thread would be flooded with posts if it was for the newest echii series of the moment.

hahaha, i should have put that in the topic title ;] At least people would have read the post, heh.

Quote:

Anyways..I have no skill in translating, but I am more than glad to help with anything else you might need. Also, how are the subs that are on the HK DVDs?

Cool ^^ Drop by the chan anytime #kyuuha-anime@irc.rizon.net. Do you have any contacts that i could reach you with? (aim/msn).

The subs...i haven't seen them ^^;; From where we got it, it says English and Chinese subs :twitch: Which doesn't make much sense... cause then we could have used the English subs :thinker: I'll have to talk to our raw provider... but i believe he said they're are only chinese subs.

-saku

Mr_Paper 2004-03-05 12:16

Ashita no Joe is a good series...

However, using the HK subtitles is beyond the normal concept
of wrong. I sincerely hope you don't go that route.

TheMongoMania 2004-03-05 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

I'm Kyuuha's timer also and don't worry we won't use HK subs. There would be no point in that.

saku 2004-03-05 16:53

Quote:

err...you got it all wrong. Why would we use the HK subtitles >.> There's japanese dialogue. If anything we would use it to make sure that the translation from jap-->eng is alright. I know that there's this word that the translator was unsure of and we could use the chinese subs to double check. But don't worry we didn't do that =PP Just an idea....

-saku

Mr_Paper 2004-03-05 17:00

I had originally worded my post as something along the lines of:

"Using the original HK subtitles for reference wouldn't be that
good an idea, since their tranlations into either language, are
usually highly suspect."

After stepping away from my PC for a moment I returned and
re-wrote it into what I posted ealier.

Even for the sake of reference, I wouldn't recommend it. -.-

saku 2004-03-05 17:12

Quote:

I had originally worded my post as something along the lines of:

"Using the original HK subtitles for reference wouldn't be that
good an idea, since their tranlations into either language, are
usually highly suspect."

After stepping away from my PC for a moment I returned and
re-wrote it into what I posted ealier.

Even for the sake of reference, I wouldn't recommend it. -.-

souka....tru tru :heh:

Just out of curiousity...what made ashita no joe a 'good series'. I did ep 2 and it wasn't anything great. Yes, i do realize that its only ep 2 and it does go into more depth, but just wanted to see what you liked about it. However, i do love how Osamu Dezaki did the fight scenes... you can really see Joe suck it to 'em XD

-saku

Mr_Paper 2004-03-05 17:27

A long time ago, (I suddenly feel very old) I used to really enjoy
watching sports animes, I loved them with a passion. Then, slowly,
my tastes changed and I started watching more drama oriented
series. Nothing against sports animes but you can only watch so
many baseball or boxing series before you begin to know exactly
how they'll end. I never got into Hajime no Ippo, it just didn't
interest me all that much.

In the end, I think the one thing I liked about Ashita no Joe was how
much it reminded me of the book 'The Contender' despite having almost
nothing in common with it.:heh:

I still like sports animes, series like "Song of Baseball Enthusiasts" and
"Touch" will always be among my favorites. :D

a_nevels666 2004-03-05 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by saku
Ashita No Joe is a 70's anime and involves boxing :heh:. Here's more info.... There's a bunch of staff memebers who would really like to get this project going. We already have ep 2 done...(why ep 2 first? Long story >.>)

We need dedicated/dependable translators that are interested. If there are any timers who are interested too... don't hestiate to contact me XD. Please, email me at oo_babysw33t_oo@hotmail.com (msn too), PM saku on irc.rizon.net/irc.efnet.net and AIM: s8k11.

thnx
-saku

You do know Liquid-Anime is doing Ashita no Joe II right?

saku 2004-03-05 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_nevels666
You do know Liquid-Anime is doing Ashita no Joe II right?

II ?? :twitch: What network are they on?

-saku

saku 2004-03-05 20:37

nvm, i found it...

-saku

SirCanealot 2004-03-07 09:21

Heh, I wish I could lend you one of our translators, but they're all slow/awol enough right now as it is! :P
I really hope you guys get this series out alright...

And make sure you encode decently and have good editing, or I'll come and murderise you all!

Thank you very much.

sangofe 2009-12-26 07:08

Reviving an old topic... But Saizen could use a translator for Ashita no Joe, although we released episodes 10 just now, and have up to 12 translated.

xris 2009-12-26 07:21

Closing old topic since the AnimeSuki's Fansub Help Wanted Classifieds should be used for such requests.