AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-08-01 21:18

Hm...

What do you guys think about Bandai cheaping out on the MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword + G?

What do I mean?

Why would they do that with the weapons instead of having them blue?

o_O

Or uh, in the manga or whatever, are the weapons normally black?

Rising Dragon 2011-08-01 21:20

... they're just prototypes, they do that with all the models at some point or another.

skyboy928 2011-08-01 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3712383)
I like MG kits.

Perfect blend of medium~medium high price, high quality engineering, all the colors you need (99% of the time), high quality details, and not as crazy huge as a PG kit...

=P

If I get anything besides a Master Grade, I go with Super Deformed..

- cheap
- cute
- quick fix satisfaction
- good for a fun afternoon of building & painting

i like them all, PG, MG, HG(UC), and SD.
as long as there's one suit i like i want it!!!

but since most of my HG are HGUC, and there wasn't much regular HG that i really like, so i was comparing getting RG instead of HG. since RG and HG the price are pretty close, but the detail are totally different

suiton629 2011-08-01 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3712523)
... they're just prototypes, they do that with all the models at some point or another.

Oh so the actual kit we get at retail will be in blue?

o_O

Kitaeryu 2011-08-01 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3712554)
Oh so the actual kit we get at retail will be in blue?

o_O

Yeap (Luckily). Just like the HG 00 Seven Sword. xD

LoweGear 2011-08-01 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3712520)
Hm...

What do you guys think about Bandai cheaping out on the MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword + G?

What do I mean?

Why would they do that with the weapons instead of having them blue?

o_O

Or uh, in the manga or whatever, are the weapons normally black?

Gunpla prototypes are always monotone in color. The colored versions are only displayed in magazines when they're ready, and the final products are always color-molded. If you've looked at model kit news over several years, you know this is the standard pattern for Gunpla reveals. Hell, when they first showed the MG 00 Seven Sword it was all grey.

There have been images of the 00 Seven Sword with the weapons in their correct colors, but the rough line textures on the weapons indicates that they were rapid prototypes (aka 3-D Printing), rather than the actual plastic molds. I wouldn't worry about them "cheaping out" on the MG by using ecopla plastic (hence the black plastic you see in the pics)

suiton629 2011-08-01 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3712610)
Gunpla prototypes are always monotone in color. The colored versions are only displayed in magazines when they're ready, and the final products are always color-molded. If you've looked at model kit news over several years, you know this is the standard pattern for Gunpla reveals. Hell, when they first showed the MG 00 Seven Sword it was all grey.

There have been images of the 00 Seven Sword with the weapons in their correct colors, but the rough line textures on the weapons indicates that they were rapid prototypes (aka 3-D Printing), rather than the actual plastic molds. I wouldn't worry about them "cheaping out" on the MG by using ecopla plastic (hence the black plastic you see in the pics)

Ah~ That's good to hear.

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-01 22:56

I wonder know when the release Heavyarms and Sandrock EW Version. Maybe in end of 2011 or early January 2012

justavisitor 2011-08-01 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3712372)
especially when a regular HG nowadays seem to be getting more and more expensive. getting a RG is definitely a good idea :D

exactly...well I only have 1/144 and I don't want to have a MG to disrupt the scale of my collection, so getting a RG is definitely a good idea

but RG comes out too slow...luckily that I am a seed fan (and 00 fan..) I suspect that RG in 00 series may come out soon, but for others who have an interest in other series like gundam 0080 and 08 ms team, only god knows how long it will take for them to get a RG release :D (Ez-8 doesn't even have a HGUC...that's insane)

SonicSP 2011-08-02 00:43

It may come to slow but it is supposedly a higher grade luxury item like MG is to NG so it's to be expected I guess.

LoweGear 2011-08-02 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane (Post 3712642)
I wonder know when the release Heavyarms and Sandrock EW Version. Maybe in end of 2011 or early January 2012

The MG Gundam Sandrock E.W. is already confirmed to be released in October this year. As to the Heavyarms E.W., if they follow the release pattern so far then it would likely be either a December release at best, or more likely a January - February 2012 release.

Appel 2011-08-02 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3712771)
The MG Gundam Sandrock E.W. is already confirmed to be released in October this year. As to the Heavyarms E.W., if they follow the release pattern so far then it would likely be either a December release at best, or more likely a January - February 2012 release.

yeah, probably. id say the heavyarms in february, the sandrock kai around march and the heavyarms kai in late summer.
but no matter how they plan their releases, im sure we will see sandrock kai, heavyarms kai and the altron during the next 12 months. i also wouldnt be surprised to see a TV version of the wing zero during that time.

skyboy928 2011-08-02 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3712935)
yeah, probably. id say the heavyarms in february, the sandrock kai around march and the heavyarms kai in late summer.
but no matter how they plan their releases, im sure we will see sandrock kai, heavyarms kai and the altron during the next 12 months. i also wouldnt be surprised to see a TV version of the wing zero during that time.

honestly i some what hope they don't release all these different version. just pick one and stick with that. since most of them are just slightly different then other.
but then if they are releasing every different version, and they really have to do that, don't stop mid way. i know some people might like one over the other, but from time to time what you expect to release.... just simply never happen.

for me, all i'm hoping for is Tallgesse. and i hope they release like they did back in the day, all 3 version in 1 kit. that would be awesome!

MakubeX2 2011-08-02 08:07

Has everyone forgotten about Nataku ?

I agree that Shenlong is a bit of a disappointment with the Dragon Fang being a gauntlet.

However, it's undeniable that the new fangs on Nataku is truly extenable and it will be interesting to see what engineering feat Bandai had in stored for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3713043)
for me, all i'm hoping for is Tallgesse. and i hope they release like they did back in the day, all 3 version in 1 kit. that would be awesome!

Why do that when they can repaint, repackaged and re-released everything and yet marketed it as something new ?

skyboy928 2011-08-02 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3713048)

Why do that when they can repaint, repackaged and re-released everything and yet marketed it as something new ?

of course for Bandai they will definitely not gonna do that anymore.......
but looking back at my old Tallgesse, it's the best deal of them all, all 3 version in 1 package, and for a kit that is 15 year ago, it did come with pre-paint color for each kit too.

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-02 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928
of course for Bandai they will definitely not gonna do that anymore.......
but looking back at my old Tallgesse, it's the best deal of them all, all 3 version in 1 package, and for a kit that is 15 year ago, it did come with pre-paint color for each kit too.

maybe Tallgesse also quite good to be a MG. But it takes a long time to realize it

MakubeX2 2011-08-02 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3713064)

Really now ? :-

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/845...5218273277.jpghttp://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5...5218273278.jpg

It's even worse for the 1/144.

Appel 2011-08-02 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3713048)
Has everyone forgotten about Nataku ?

i didnt^^ like i said, im sure we will see the altron during the next 12 months. they already made the shenlong, the altron is just a matter of time.

suiton629 2011-08-02 09:07

Has there been any word of these kits coming or rumors of them coming...?

MG Exia Repair 2
MG Astraea
MG Astraea Type F
MG 00 Qan[T] Full Saber
MG Avalanche Exia

Those are the kits that I'd be excited to get. I love the 00 series, and I like collecting the main leads (in all forms) in MG form.

Zero Hurricane 2011-08-02 09:10

Quote:

MG 00 Qan[T] Full Saber

about Full Saber Pack, maybe either the High Grade or Master Grade sold separately