AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Nesty 2006-02-07 11:14

that's ur own opinion which is fine but i'd still like to know where i could get a hold of the magazine haha

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-07 11:28

In 1st place I thought its a Hazel RAH but in furture pictures I releazied that its an Advance Hazel with not one feb magazine but 2 since its Rah 2nd form using 2 hrududu and you may find the magazine at HLJ but most of the time its sold out since everyone wants these parts, personaly I ordered an Advance Hazel and 2 Hrdudus to make that but I'll do the 2nd form with booster in official colors so I'll need the Gaplant booster too :D anyway some ebayers sells the hrdudu or FFX29A

this will help you alot http://aoz.numinalabs.com/index.php/Category:FF-X29A_G-Parts_"Hrududu" use it as a guid :D

theOtherGuy 2006-02-07 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesty
http://ai0513.ti-da.net/e643936.html

i'm trying to get my little hands on this magazine (feb edition) so that i can get this mod for the hazel! >_< anyone know where i can buy hobby magazine mag?

Is it this?

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-07 16:08

Its ... Its ... Ya there's a subscription for Dengeki H.mag. there how does it work or how much do they charge for the shipping ?!

Nesty 2006-02-07 19:21

yep it's that OtherGuy, but the animebooks.com is out of stock for both january and feb issues T_T anyone know anywhere else where i can purchase it? i "can" get it at amazon.jp.com BUT i can't read japanese....

theOtherGuy 2006-02-07 20:35

Aww, it is out of stock...I don't know where else you can get it...

http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/sh...ct.php?a=52441 <-- I don't know if that's a site?

Edit:
OOOOOOOOO I FOUND ONE. And it costs TWO arms and leg.
http://www.modeledom.com/cgi-bin/sea...=Dengeki|Hobby

Since you're in Canada...maybe you can just pick it up?
Quote:

1. Local Pickup - This service is only for Ottawa area. We will contact you by email to arrange your payment and to pick up your items once they are in stock. No credit card information is required when you place an order in our web site and no shipping charge will cost you.

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-08 05:09

I have a huge wishlist in amazon and I can read jap, but when I come to add to cart to pay they don't ship toys releated stuff internationaly ... so don't waste you're time with amazon.co.jp :D

And wait for ebayer who may sell these conversions sometimes as they did with the SwordCalamity Gundam last year.

Nesty 2006-02-08 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
Aww, it is out of stock...I don't know where else you can get it...

http://www.silverbulletcomics.com/sh...ct.php?a=52441 <-- I don't know if that's a site?

Edit:
OOOOOOOOO I FOUND ONE. And it costs TWO arms and leg.
http://www.modeledom.com/cgi-bin/sea...=Dengeki|Hobby

Since you're in Canada...maybe you can just pick it up?


what i want to know is why the HELL is it 41 dollars O_O!!! isn't the mag suppose to be around 25-ish?

the first link u posted i found the jan 2006 mag but i din't really trust it, there's no pic or clear description of the product >_<

thanks for helping me out fellas, i really appreaciate it! ;)

theOtherGuy 2006-02-08 14:03

Yeah, I don't trust the first one that well either. Doesn't seem like it's a scammer though. I really don't know why the second one is so expensive...no wonder why they still have it in stock. :D


Hey guys, I'm curious. Are panel lines really necessary? I can't really tell...but is this panel lined? http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zag41409/pub...ing_strike.htm

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-08 15:37

This is nothing yet :S he just sharped the parts and used some sanding sheets maybe but no colors applied yet

Fafnir 2006-02-08 18:41

I'm going to be buying a PG strike, a set of gundam markers, and an MG kit very soon(off of rainbowten, saving the money!). And I would like to know, which is better? THe Zeta plus C1, or the Zeta Plus A1(test colour)? I havn't read the graphic novel they appear in, so I have no preference which one, other then that the C1 has a really nice gun and slightly sleeker design, and that the C2 has a better paintjob.

Also, since it will be my first time with gundam markers, what are some tips to use with them?

pmajin 2006-02-08 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafnir
I'm going to be buying a PG strike, a set of gundam markers, and an MG kit very soon(off of rainbowten, saving the money!). And I would like to know, which is better? THe Zeta plus C1, or the Zeta Plus A1(test colour)? I havn't read the graphic novel they appear in, so I have no preference which one, other then that the C1 has a really nice gun and slightly sleeker design, and that the C2 has a better paintjob.

Also, since it will be my first time with gundam markers, what are some tips to use with them?


OK, I've got ZETA plus A1, and in my opinion, it's a pretty bad build. it's one of the earlier master grades, and there isn't THAT much detail in it. so you shoudl get the C1. as for your gundam markers, tips would be not to use gundam markers at all - they ruin your gundam. period. talk about bad color tone on your surface, no matter how smooth you make it.

Fafnir 2006-02-08 19:01

Okay, any other (good) alternative paint markers?

Also, are there any other good MGs out there(perferably that are 2400 yen off of rainbowten). For model design, I perfer either sleek and sexy or overgunned to an unreasonable level. One or the other.

sandrum 2006-02-08 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafnir
I'm going to be buying a PG strike, a set of gundam markers, and an MG kit very soon(off of rainbowten, saving the money!). And I would like to know, which is better? THe Zeta plus C1, or the Zeta Plus A1(test colour)? I havn't read the graphic novel they appear in, so I have no preference which one, other then that the C1 has a really nice gun and slightly sleeker design, and that the C2 has a better paintjob.

Also, since it will be my first time with gundam markers, what are some tips to use with them?

I like the colors of the A1 which is why I went with that model. Seeing as how they came out only a couple of months apart, the makeup of the materials should be very similar. I didn't like the dark scheme of the C1, but if I was looking for something for more bang for the buck, since the C1 comes with the smart gun (what the A1 doesnt have), I might recommend the C1.

pmajin 2006-02-08 21:40

http://gcustom.fc2web.com/strikefreedom.html

seems like Gunpla-Custom has finally finished their MG Strike Freedom. same styling as their previous "Innocent Starter Freedom". Check it.

in my opinion, the amount of detail can make this a PG conversion kit rather than an MG conversion... hahaha.a...

DarkWarrior 2006-02-08 21:45

Not a fan of the color scheme, but wow.. that's friggin amazing. Just look at the amount of details it has.. :D

Now they should do Destiny. ^_^

pmajin 2006-02-08 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Not a fan of the color scheme, but wow.. that's friggin amazing. Just look at the amount of details it has.. :D

Now they should do Destiny. ^_^

they DID do a Destiny.... it was posted earlier in this forum.

here's the link again.

http://gcustom.fc2web.com/destiny.html

Nesty 2006-02-08 22:01

i just finished building the c1 and it's very similar to th a1, i'd go with the c1 due to it being a bit different and yes it's got the smart gun.

as for the freedom, i like the colour scheme and hte detail on it is really good but i don't like the sf LOL! but i applaud the effort in making it.

DarkWarrior 2006-02-08 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin
they DID do a Destiny.... it was posted earlier in this forum.

here's the link again.

http://gcustom.fc2web.com/destiny.html

Oh crap, how'd I miss that.. erm.. they should do Saviour next. >_> <_<

Those claw thingies on Destiny are a bit weird though.. still, the model looks cool. :)

Shinji103 2006-02-08 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin
http://gcustom.fc2web.com/strikefreedom.html

seems like Gunpla-Custom has finally finished their MG Strike Freedom. same styling as their previous "Innocent Starter Freedom". Check it.

in my opinion, the amount of detail can make this a PG conversion kit rather than an MG conversion... hahaha.a...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmajin
they DID do a Destiny.... it was posted earlier in this forum.

here's the link again.

http://gcustom.fc2web.com/destiny.html

HOLY CRAP, those are BEAUTIFUL! :love:

Fafnir 2006-02-08 23:36

The SF one looks alot better then the original version, simply because they use more gold, instead of not putting enough and making it look tacky.

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-09 02:48

Nah, the original SFreedom is better ... this one has gold ever where like "yay am enjoying my time with the new color I bought, where else should I use it too" but the colors used on destiny are reasonable.

MY freedom (not SF and no customization :D): http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20..._Gundam_MG.jpg

theOtherGuy 2006-02-09 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Marshal_AEB
Nah, the original SFreedom is better ... this one has gold ever where like "yay am enjoying my time with the new color I bought, where else should I use it too" but the colors used on destiny are reasonable.

MY freedom (not SF and no customization :D): http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20..._Gundam_MG.jpg


What's up with it's leg? :D

Sety 2006-02-09 04:54

The armour has been stripped.

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-09 06:55

In the final battle Providence toke the leg off 1st, so I was going to remove the lower part of the leg and do some work on the upper part but I tought it would be better to show the mechanical parts details in my display case later and this is that was one of the pictures I toke before displaying it in my case.
Another picture but providence isn't completed yet : http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...Providence.jpg
And my disp.case pic is in my signture :p

The Undertaker 2006-02-09 11:26

ooo that's a really nice dioramaa. Where'd you get the base for your Providence, if you don't mind me askingg :p

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-09 11:30

It was a restock from HLJ.com called MS stand maybe, but I cant work on the providence before August maybe since am studying abroad :s

Fafnir 2006-02-09 21:13

If someone can't tell me a good paintmarker very soon, I'm gonna have to get Gundam markers.

theOtherGuy 2006-02-09 23:26

I wouldn't even get markers....spray paints! :D

Nesty 2006-02-09 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafnir
If someone can't tell me a good paintmarker very soon, I'm gonna have to get Gundam markers.


are u refering to colouring the panel lines?

jbui 2006-02-10 03:18

Is there a MG Gundam Astray Redframe? http://model.cnmsl.net/ModelNewsCont...elNewsID=67199

I can't read it but its says MG Gundam Astray Redframe once you scroll donw a little bit.

Mr_Paper 2006-02-10 03:31

The description says 'MG' but the cover says 'HG.'

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6...216a3rk.th.jpg

lauwy 2006-02-10 03:38

:upset: Where can i get color of my Freedom and METEOR ? :help:

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-02-10 03:38

It says MG Alie Striker, HG Astray...
About the marker, anything works but you'll have to do cleaning so it depends on you

Komataguri 2006-02-10 10:52

Anyone know how long SAL shipping takes between US and Japan?
 
My order from HLJ just shipped, and that 7-45 day window they give isn't exactly the most precise thing in the world.


I know that shipping time is variable due to all sorts of circumstances, but i was mainly asking if anyone else here has ordered items via SAL from Japan and had an average on how long it took.



Before anyone responds to point out that this is not gundam or anime related, Please be aware that I did not post it here. However someone apparently believed it had everything to do with gundam models and anime, and thus put it here.

viper 2006-02-10 12:50

I've ordered some models, not exactly Gunpla but models nonetheless that came in about a week plus a few days. Thats from Japan to New York...not bad for a box big enough for 2 MGs.

EDIT:
I just noticed that there are 2 Gundam Models Discussion Threads....

theOtherGuy 2006-02-10 13:34

I usually order my things from HLJ. I'm in California, USA and I get the packages roughly around 20 days, give or take.

DarkWarrior 2006-02-10 13:43

It takes about 2 to 3 weeks via SAL for me. I live in Virginia, so that's not too bad.

And it looks like the old Model Discussion thread has been brought back to life. Any chance of merging the two? *pokes random Admin/Mod* It would be odd to have two going at the same time.

xris 2006-02-10 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
And it looks like the old Model Discussion thread has been brought back to life. Any chance of merging the two? *pokes random Admin/Mod* It would be odd to have two going at the same time.

Already done (a few minutes after viper commented on the fact). Unless you mean there is still yet another Model Discussion thread lurking around. :)

theOtherGuy 2006-02-10 14:13

And speak of the devil. I ordered a few things on January 10th and it came today. Roughly around 20 days.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.