AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Stealth Symphony (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=124842)

amasposu 2014-03-02 20:42

Stealth Symphony

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...psee3ffb0c.jpg http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...psab4371d9.jpg

Name: Stealth Symphony
Associated Names: ステルス交境曲〈シンフォニー〉
Author: Narita Ryougo (Durarara!! and Baccano!)
Artist: Amano Youichi

Iron Maw 2014-03-02 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by poisui (Post 5030640)
Author: Narita Ryougo (Durarara!! and Baccano!)

You had me at this.

Whelp, I know what I'm reading later.

Iron Maw 2014-03-11 02:11

ch 1-2

This turned out to be a lot more "fantasy-based" than I expected. Not that it's bad thing mind you, it's just that I have come to expect Narita's more contemporary stylings with are supported by hidden fantasy elements underneath.

That said, to be honest I'm pretty underwhelmed by the first two chapters. Feels like the concepts are mishmash of generic fantasy tropes without much in the way of coherency or sophistication I've come to expect from the author. The two leads don't much for me on a character level either. I don't feel much way of motivation to learn more about this world and it's characters because the plot so far comes as too standard (or it's better to say too JUMP battle manga-ike). If weren't Narita's involvement I might have dropped it already since so far since it looks to be Narita making a weekly JUMP without Narita's flair.

I'll still give a couple more chapters to hook me, but I really hope this doesn't suffer same curse that affected Medaka Box like it did with Nisio. Afterall It's always cool to see collaborations like this.

Kirandra 2014-03-11 11:00

Chapter 3's up on Batoto.

It feels like Narita's still setting up the worldbuilding and introducing characters, and plot isn't going to kick in for some time yet. And I fully admit that Souya is a huge part of why I picked this up.

JediNight 2014-03-12 16:01

I'm also a bit wary of this one. Mentioning of "Item Ranks" has me rolling my eyes at Shounen Jump style powerlevel battles. And Toroana being literally a blank slate that has no motivations and just follows the MC around for Deus Ex Machina asspulls, seems rather poor characterization.

Tenzen12 2014-03-12 16:28

Personaly I am quite fond of it as I don't have problem with classic shonen genre (I liked Mushibugyou and recent manga UQ holders, which I found actualy more interesting than it's predecessor). And due Naritas ability make interesting connection between large number characters and groups it has plenty of potencial to rise above most of them.

Also Toroana might be "blank slate" but it is appearently intentional and it also means it can be painted by all colours of rainbow:D

kazzuya13 2014-03-14 02:44

I wonder what the pickpocket master like. After all he/she was able to pick pocket out of a invisible dragon and a powerful assassin.

Iron Maw 2014-03-23 10:06

Ch 4-5

Ch 5 up.

Okay, the last two chapters have been pretty good. Starting to get into this now and twist at end of ch 5 helps quite a bit (something like that is sooo Nartia :heh:). Looking forward to where things go with that.

For a-eh chick/cyborg with no eyes Laika is pretty cute.

com_gwp 2014-03-25 09:04

Oh wow, that chapter 5 twist, should I say "as expected of Narita"? :heh: Give him a group of characters to work with and he can put them through the most interesting of situations. Stealth Symphony is really shaping up to be something special, I hope this has a good long run in it.

Iron Maw 2014-04-09 16:02

ch 7

Heh, somehow I'm not surprised at Toroana;s response to situation when he finally met face to face Sieg.

I wonder if Narita is a Breath of Fire fan? The world mostly consisting mixed raced of anthropomorphic humanoids, with Dragons (who also can shape-shift into humans) standing a top of the hierarchy really reminds me of that now.

Heck, that fish merchant looks also entirely like Marlok (minus the fake french accent) from BoF 4!

http://i62.tinypic.com/nqcq40.jpg

kazzuya13 2014-04-11 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 5076675)
Heh, somehow I'm not surprised at Toroana;s response to situation when he finally met face to face Sieg.

I wonder if Narita is a Breath of Fire fan? The world mostly consisting mixed raced of anthropomorphic humanoids, with Dragons (who also can shape-shift into humans) standing a top of the hierarchy really reminds me of that now.

Heck, that fish merchant looks also entirely like Marlok (minus the fake french accent) from BoF 4!

http://i62.tinypic.com/nqcq40.jpg

I'm currently re-playing it again for all times sake. By the way for me Bof IV is the best amongst the series.

Iron Maw 2014-04-13 02:38

ch 8

^Yeah, it's my favorite too. I actually replayed it last winter on my PSP.

Holy Shit @ that Laika's Satellite Cannon and even moreso when the Ninja not only pinpoint it, but LITERALLY THREW SHURIKENS IN SPACE JUST TO DESTROY IT?! :twitch:

That aside, it's like how Sieg developing now. He's coming on to his own by establishing his convictions and values and learning stick by them even if causes friends to become his enemies. To that end he is now willingly making use of his power even doesn't care for it personally. Great thing about this is doesn't feel force and it take 20 chapters for it to happen.

Looking forward to how this conflict concludes net chapter.

Valky 2014-04-13 03:35

It's pretty good so far.

Btw, a satellite that could snipe from orbit is only level D, huh? And that ninja's arm strength must be insane since he was able to throw a shuriken into the orbit, as expected of battle of people with absurd abilities. I wonder if level A treasure could destroy a country.

Iron Maw 2014-04-21 12:11

Ch 9

A sadistic mermaid huh? Didn't expect that. lol

Iron Maw 2014-04-30 21:10

Ch 10

I know this is JUMP and so the chance of a character dying is really low, but it's really hard to imagine Waybis surviving that. :heh:

kazzuya13 2014-05-01 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 5104761)
I know this is JUMP and so the chance of a character dying is really low, but it's really hard to imagine Waybis surviving that. :heh:

Not really. In the early chapter of most jump action manga. The minor antagonist dies or erase.

SineMora 2014-05-02 05:01

RIP Mermaid, The more firepower you have, the more it will return to you... "Heavy Metal Karma Dragon" Hates Your Guts...
It's been NOT nice knowing you... Hope you get... Vaporized.

Iron Maw 2014-05-11 06:18

Ch 11-11.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazzuya13 (Post 5105750)
Not really. In the early chapter of most jump action manga. The minor antagonist dies or erase.

Well after ch 11 I'm gonna have to take that back, at least for this manga. :heh:

Fishguy guy just got unceremoniously pushed off a building complete with the "splat" impact and our poor Mermaid was just sent off to some hell dimension where she will probably be tortured until broken by that creepy kid. :twitch:

Oh and there is this gem:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
And we haven't gone over all the other things like slaves for human sacrifices or the unsavory characters and organizations in the city either. This is totally a Crapsaccharine World isn't? :uhoh:

In otherwords, this is pretty much now a Narita story. :p

SineMora 2014-05-11 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 5117103)
Well after ch 11 I'm gonna have to take that back, at least for this manga. :heh:

Fishguy guy just got unceremoniously pushed off a building complete with the "splat" impact and our poor Mermaid was just sent off to some hell dimension where she will probably be tortured until broken by that creepy kid. :twitch:

Oh and there is this gem:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
And we haven't gone over all the other things like slaves for human sacrifices or the unsavory characters and organizations in the city either. This is totally a Crapsaccharine World isn't? :uhoh:

In otherwords, this is pretty much now a Narita story. :p

I wouldn't be surprised if the head of the police ends up inside of a Heavy Metal Dragonic Trash Compactor next time...
*clank*
*crush*
*splat*

kazzuya13 2014-05-11 09:07

I wonder if 1 of the 28 that he killed is his sister. After all even though he keeps writing to her sister it was never show that he is sending any letter.