AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Miniskirt Uchuu Kaizoku [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110165)

AbZeroNow 2012-02-05 18:16

Miniskirt Uchuu Kaizoku [Light Novel]

Info taken from Baka-Tsuki.
Mini-Skirt Space Pirates (Miniskirt Uchuu Kaizoku - ミニスカ宇宙海賊 (ミニスカパイレーツ))

Quote:

The source material for the Winter 2012 anime Moretsu Pirates also known as Bodacious Space Pirates.

Publication data:
Written by Yūichi Sasamoto
Published by Asahi Shimbun
Demographic Male [Seinen?]
Original run October 2008 – ongoing
Volumes 7
Noticed that there wasn't a novel thread for it before(and searched under "pirates" and "Kaizoku" so unless I severely missed something, I'm not duplicating a thread). I would like to have some clarification on the demographic on whether it is shounen or seinen.

justpassingby 2012-02-06 06:41

Ummm, what should I post here? :heh:
But first of all, thank you for creating the thread
For a start, the line in the novel was 長生き、 するんだよ "Live a long life" (Epilog vol 1 pg 299), just like in the anime.
I didn't really expect fansubber to include Spock famous words

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbZeroNow (Post 3988928)
Info taken from Baka-Tsuki.
I would like to have some clarification on the demographic on whether it is shounen or seinen.

Ossan, jiji :p

Don't ask for translation though, as I already stated my stand
Quote:

Originally Posted by justpassingby (Post 3940998)
No (╬ಠ益ಠ)
And how about start learning the language already? Mini-skirt Space Pirates and other novels from Asahi Shimbun are not the ones to enjoy sales like Haganai, OreImo, IS, Horizon and the likes that come under Kadokawa Groups. I doubt it even with the anime the novel sales will be any different. Not to mention if the anime even sells in the first place.
Heck. Sasamoto's longest novel, ARIEL, was published under the Sonorama labels, who became bankrupt and saved by Asahi Shimbun.

I'll post summaries if no one want to do them. But don't expect it early, as I'm really busy right now. I haven't even watch latest episode of Rinne
Am I allowed to lobby my friends from BT (Teh Ping, Kira, kuroishinigami) to support not translating this :P

Yes I also download novel and manga raws. But I'm also a baka gaijin who will buy the Tankoubon of gundam manga that I already read in my Gundam Ace, and novels that I found interesting. I got my own reason not to post in F/Z or Haganai or Monogatari, even though I did read some of the books

AbZeroNow 2012-02-07 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpassingby (Post 3989798)
For a start, the line in the novel was 長生き、 するんだよ "Live a long life" (Epilog vol 1 pg 299), just like in the anime.

I'll post summaries if no one want to do them. But don't expect it early, as I'm really busy right now. I haven't even watch latest episode of Rinne
Am I allowed to lobby my friends from BT (Teh Ping, Kira, kuroishinigami) to support not translating this :P

Yes I also download novel and manga raws. But I'm also a baka gaijin who will buy the Tankoubon of gundam manga that I already read in my Gundam Ace, and novels that I found interesting. I got my own reason not to post in F/Z or Haganai or Monogatari, even though I did read some of the books

I would like to have an official link for the light novels(which I can edit into the first post).

I won't ask for a translation, although I do hope that Baka-Tsuki does decide to translate, so I can enjoy this more than I am already(and I am loving this series). But I started this thread so that those who have read the novels have a place to post about them. I do appreciate the light novel comparison stuff that you are posting to the anime thread.

MeisterBabylon 2012-02-10 18:17

I shall wait patiently for more novel info! Because I have never writing a fanfic based on such scant details in my life ever, and its getting more unnerving each time I update. :heh:

AbZeroNow 2012-02-13 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 3999016)
I shall wait patiently for more novel info! Because I have never writing a fanfic based on such scant details in my life ever, and its getting more unnerving each time I update. :heh:

I also shall wait patiently for any more information on the novels. From what I've seen of the anime episodes 1 through 6 and the details that justpassingby has posted in the anime thread, Volume 1 of this series looks awesome. Too bad I can't read Japanese, I'd look for this in Kinokuniya the next time I go to New York City. Although if I had a translation, I'd buy the book as a companion piece.

Mura 2012-06-30 16:28

Since the anime just wrapped up I was wondering how many volumes did they go through if anyone knows.

Inept Forum User 2012-07-09 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mura (Post 4231914)
Since the anime just wrapped up I was wondering how many volumes did they go through if anyone knows.

They did three volumes out of eight.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-07-09 13:44

Anyone know how far the last anime original arcs diverged from the books? I've seen illustrations for book 8 that have Lynn still as the yacht club president, so did the anime go completely off the rails?

Chiaki_chan 2012-07-12 00:09

yes they completely change the last episode to make the original arc, and there has so far 8 novel

justpassingby 2012-08-02 10:32

It's the 3rd of the month. The new chapter has just been released. [Seiga]
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Chiaki_chan 2012-08-02 20:29

I just see Chapter 3 of the manga and Lynn .... is always a girl in the manga?? because in the manga it's hair is shorter and wearing pants ... and so I thought it was a boy ... saw his apaprence ... this is not good because Lynn is wearing pants that's necessarily a boy in the manga but ... it would probably stupid in the novel it's a girl in the anime and the manga also so it's a girl will normally xD its stupid to change his loool

MrTerrorist 2012-08-02 21:52

Lynn's a tomboy. That is all.

Om Nerabdator 2012-08-02 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpassingby (Post 3989798)

some summarys would be really appreciated, I'd love to know what happens in the light novels since the are ALWAYS better than the anime.

Chiaki_chan 2012-08-02 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 4287120)
Lynn's a tomboy. That is all.

Yes I know that Lynn is a tomboy, but its just my surprise that in the manga she wears pants haha anyway this manga is very seen enough yuri. :rolleyes:

I loved every attempt to throw Marika shot Chiaki too cute :eyespin:

Inept Forum User 2012-08-14 14:33

Regarding Volume 8 - what would people generally translate the title as? (紫紺の戦魔女) (Google Translate gives 'Battle of bluish purple witch' but I doubt this is entirely accurate)

Edit: Another question, regarding the manga's plotline. What route is it taking? (e.g. adaptation with minor changes, adaptation with major changes, original story etc)

justpassingby 2012-09-02 10:10

^Hoping I will be able answer your question after I finish my presentation tomorrow :D

Manga Chapter 4 is out (raw) [Seiga]
Oh lol Schnitzer fought Jotoff of the Methuselah

Chiaki_chan 2012-09-03 01:22

chapter of this month is great as always, I still love all the scenes "marika x Chiaki" but I sew so understand what they say for the moment there is no English translation? ....
:/

Inept Forum User 2012-09-08 11:32

I think that is the case so far, unfortunately.

I've been trying to get information from the Japanese Wikipedia article for the series (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ミニスカ宇宙海賊), however since I can't read kanji yet, I've had to use Google Translate - as such the information is a bit patchy. I was wondering if it would be OK to check some of this information with people here who are in a position to see if there are any mistakes.

Spoiler for Brief character information for novel characters (possibly inaccurate) from japanese wiki entry:

Spoiler for Brief ship information for novel ships (possibly inaccurate) from japanese wiki entry:

Spoiler for Brief term information for novel terms (possibly inaccurate) from japanese wiki entry:

Spoiler for Brief novel information for the unadapted novels (possibly inaccurate) from japanese wiki entry:

Chiaki_chan 2012-09-11 00:57

I did not know some can not say if this is true or if there are errors
^^"

justpassingby 2012-10-01 09:07

ミニスカ宇宙海賊9 無法の御免状
Miniskirt Space Pirates 9 The License to Lawless is slated for November release. [source]

Another Sasamoto Yuuichi's book, Yousei Sakusen Part IV - Last Letter (END) by Tokyo Sougensha is also scheduled to be on sale in the same month. [source]

When can I be allowed to hope that his first book and ARIEL will be animated, and Mikako-shi is type-casted as Sasamoto's heroines' voices? :bow:

Edit: Manga chapter 5 is now available at Nico2 Seiga [link]
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) And what the hell? Jacky Fahrenheit made his appearance already?