AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Romantic Comedies (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28434)

LilChooken 2006-01-29 22:28

Romantic Comedies

Hey guys!

I'm new here, and I would like some help in finding some good Anime.

I like a lot of romantic comedies, and the ones that make you cry aswell.

I saw Dragonball Z ages ago, and I never really liked it, because it was too boy-orientated... it's more of a male thing...

I've also seen Astroboy, but it never really sparked my attention... I dont know why.

I have, however, seen Mai HiME, and I LOVED it!!!! The first episode got me hooked, and I wanted to keep watching it all day just to find out what was going to happen next. I fell in love with the characters, and I wanted Tate and Mai to fall in love hehe :P

I've heard about Mai Otome, and my friend is getting me that when it's fully released in Australia... I can't wait for that, if it's a continuation of Mai HiME...

Umm... I've also seen the first few episodes of Ai Yori Aoshi, and I like that a lot too (i've only seen one episode, so I can't really judge that one yet)

So if you have any suggestions of some other Anime, please tell me :)

Thankyou!! :)

Radiosity 2006-01-29 22:54

Heh, I was going to suggest Ai Yori Aoshi, it's a really sweet and nice series. Best thing about it is that the main characters are cemented into a relationship right from the outset, so it's certainly not a typical 'harem' anime where the idiot male protagonist can't make up his mind. Since you already have it, sit down and watch it now, you won't regret it :)

Few others you should check out:

Ah! My Goddess (TV) - Licensed.
Aishiteruze Baby <- this is one of the most heartwarming series' ever. Licensed.
Canvas 2 (Ongoing at the moment, you can get it here on ASuki). Great series, one of my current faves.
Honey & Clover. One of my top 5 animes of all time. Available here too.
Mamotte Shugogetten. Unlicensed still. Very frenetic series with a few fairly crazy characters, but the comedy and romance are top notch.
Onegai Teacher. Licensed.
Onegai Twins. Sequel to Teacher. Also Licensed.

If you want some action too:

Shakugan no Shana. Licensed, even though it's only being aired now, so we can't tell you where to get the subs I'm afraid :( Just google for it and you should find something ;) Incredible series, good characters, action, and some low-key romance too.
Stellvia of the Universe. Licensed. In my top 3 for fave series. Comedy, action, adventure, romance, and some of the best characters in any series i've seen.
Ultra Maniac <- A magical girl series that doesn't suck and doesn't make excessive use of extended transformation sequences. Nice characters, bit of action, bit of romance, and of course some magic :D Licensed.

miaka 2006-01-30 09:55

Romantic comedy anime... Hmmm...
Full Moon wo Sagashite - It's a nice anime with some great songs. It's about a girl dreaming to be a singer and finding her true love. Its a mixture of drama comedy and of course music! However, this is licensed! just last year.
Ayashi no Ceres- from the author of fushigi yuugi, this anime almost make me cry. It is just like watching a soap opera. I like the characters ( bishojo and bishonen) and also the story as well.
Ashita no Nadja - This also has a lot of ramantic scene. It's about a girl looking for her mother while on her way, she met a lot of interesting people and of course love of her life. This is available in animesuki, but only up to epi 31.
Kanon- another romance anime that i enjoy most. The story is very touching and also it has a very surprise ending.

FiRe_RoSe82 2006-01-30 10:34

Let me add to the list:

Midori no hibi :D
Full Moon Wo Sagashite :D
Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou
Love Hina
Mahoraba
Ranma :D
Rizelmine

The ones with the smiley face are extremely good!! Check AnimeNewsNetwork for its synopsis!!

Sian 2006-01-31 17:01

Mai Otome is not a sequel to Hime ... at least not what we're aware off ...

else ...

Shuffle could be a good one for you (even though it had its share of weak spots and bad grafic its nothing that should keep you away) .... ended here in the beginning of the month

i wanted to say Kashimashi but thats problery more drama than comedy :p ... only just started

Lambda 2006-01-31 18:24

In my book, His and Her Circumstances stands head and shoulders above all other anime romantic comedies. Introspection, some crazy humour, characters which just get more and more deep, an enormous armoury of visual techniques for conveying the story, and they actually hook up near the beginning of the show! It does lack an ending though.

EternityOfPain 2006-01-31 22:38

Not into fighting orintated series? No problem!

If you like fantasy I high recommend Slayers and Rune Solider Slayers is more action base but the story is quite engaging. If you want something even more lighter then Rune Solider is what the doctor ordered!

If you want something Comedy/Romance, I highly recommend Ai Yori Aoshi if afterwards you want to watch something more comedy then Romance check out Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi .

If you want something more towards drama/romance then check out Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Morisato 2006-02-01 01:40

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

LilChooken 2006-02-01 20:32

THANKS HEAPS GUYS!!

I'll be sure to check them all out... my friend has a huge collection of Anime dvds... i'll be sure to ask him for the ones you mentioned!!

:)

MamoruUsagi 2006-02-04 16:48

Great romances are

Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Mars
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Missile Happy!
Bokura ga Ita
The Devil Does Exist
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Fushigi Yuugi
High School Debut
Paradise Kiss
Ultra Maniac
Kare Kano
Akuma De Sourou
Love Attack
Absolute Boyfriend
Doubt!!
Ultra Cute

Fushigi Yuugi is a romance I think you will really like.