AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   martial arts anime? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9028)

Fatal Rose 2004-03-08 21:31

martial arts anime?

:help: Hello I am new here. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good martial arts anime? Besides street fighter and fatal fury. By the way please don't suggest Dragon Ball Z (I hate DBZ), or the crappy Tekken movie, along with other crappy martial arts anime's like Samurai Showdown, Art of fighting, or Baki Hanma. Sorry for bugging you guys. Can’t wait to hear from you.

Superchop 2004-03-08 21:36

Tokyo Underground
Naruto
Jubei-chan 2

umm...that's all i can think of right now...not sure whether or not you wanted only fansubed anime or licensed as well...but those 3 are fansubed so you can d/l them...

well, hope you enjoy your stay here ^_^

Fatal Rose 2004-03-08 22:02

Thanks. anyone know of any other?

Dark_Sun 2004-03-08 22:38

maybe peace maker kurogane...i only watched 3 episodes but first 3 had some martial arts

Yebyosh 2004-03-09 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
maybe peace maker kurogane...i only watched 3 episodes but first 3 had some martial arts

No definitely not PMK, it is a crap show if you want action.

Fatal Rose, what are you looking for in a martial arts anime? Pure fluid action, realistic martial art styles, or just a good story with martial arts settings?

cindialai 2004-03-09 12:09

Licensed or unlicensed

Yu Yu Hakusho, flame of recca.. Hunter x Hunter... i guess could be...

Superchop 2004-03-09 12:49

Ninja Scroll (movie + tv series)
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (movies + lenghty tv series)

there are so many others...but for some reason they just slipped my mind -_-

C. perfringens 2004-03-09 15:31

Fist of the North Star is ok but graphic and old.
Personaly, I liked Scryed.

sothis 2004-03-09 16:10

i second Scryed, though bear in mind it is more focused on supernatural abilities with fighting, not straight martial arts.

Condor Hero is really based on martial arts.

Kaze Makase Tsukikage Ran has one main character who partakes in martial arts.. the series is without comparison, really. episodic and quirky.

ShadowX114 2004-03-09 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superchop
Ninja Scroll (movie + tv series)
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (movies + lenghty tv series)

there are so many others...but for some reason they just slipped my mind -_-

Swords count as martial arts??

Shadow Skill is a fighting anime.

Superchop 2004-03-09 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowX114
Swords count as martial arts??

Shadow Skill is a fighting anime.

probalby not -_- but those just came to mind...

there's Grappler Baki and Airmaster...but those are more of a "street fighting" type anime and not so much martial arts

SwiftStar 2004-03-09 17:10

Air Master. You wont be disappointed.

a_nevels666 2004-03-09 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal Rose
:help: Hello I am new here. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good martial arts anime? Besides street fighter and fatal fury. By the way please don't suggest Dragon Ball Z (I hate DBZ), or the crappy Tekken movie, along with other crappy martial arts anime's like Samurai Showdown, Art of fighting, or Baki Hanma. Sorry for bugging you guys. Can’t wait to hear from you.

Why not say what you DO like instaed of what you don't, so we can suggest something along the same lines.

Fatal Rose 2004-03-09 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yebyosh

Fatal Rose, what are you looking for in a martial arts anime? Pure fluid action, realistic martial art styles, or just a good story with martial arts settings?

Pure fluid action, realistic martial art styles is what i am looking for. a good story with martial arts settings is cool too. but i want it to be realistic.

Fatal Rose 2004-03-09 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Why not say what you DO like instaed of what you don't, so we can suggest something along the same lines.

LOL. sorry man. I like realistic martial arts anime without those fatal fury like chi powers. But i don't expect a anime to be real realistic. I like some fantasy Anime like ninja scroll.

Fatal Rose 2004-03-10 14:12

Some one please help. as you can tell i really don't know much about anime.

Superchop 2004-03-10 14:16

I thought we did already? We gave you a bunch of titles...if you want check www.animenfo.com for information on those titles...or go through the links that sothis put in his posts for info on the animes he recommended

but from all of those the only one that strikes me as the most realistic is Condor Hero...

SwiftStar 2004-03-10 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal Rose
Some one please help. as you can tell i really don't know much about anime.

Air Master dude!! Trust me on this. The first ep alone will make you wet your pants and hook you.

sothis 2004-03-10 19:54

Quote:

or go through the links that sothis put in his posts for info on the animes he recommended
yea, seriously.. i thought my response was fairly decent to read. -_- the original poster must only be reading every few posts and not paying attention :D

(side note that doesn't really matter, i'm female! heh)

Sepiraph 2004-03-12 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yebyosh

Actually, he can download just episode #22 of PMK if all he wants is action. Also Kenshin OVA has quite a few fight scenes as well. But honestly if u truly want realistic fight scenes, go download video clips from fighting tournament. :)