AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Danganronpa (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Danganronpa - Speculations and Theories (First time anime viewers only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120638)

Klashikari 2013-07-07 07:42

Danganronpa - Speculations and Theories (First time anime viewers only)

This thread is aimed at first time viewers of Danganronpa the Animation and its purpose is to allow spoiler free speculation and theories to be aired. Having them in a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads. If you are knowledgeable of the manga and wish to speculate or discuss theories, then please do not post in this thread (use the Danganronpa - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced Despair Students only)) thread and do not give away any spoilers in this thread!

Unacceptable post topics:
  • Any form of spoiler from Dangan Ronpa game, manga and novel.
  • -no- game readers are allowed to take part of the speculations, -unless- they only clarify things that the anime has failed to disclose at the appropriate timing. By definition: you are not allowed to give spoilers / hints. You are free to make corrections as long as the information is appropriate, nothing more.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Magazine previews are an exception to the said rule. You are allowed to discuss those. (Properly labeled spoiler tags required).

Please note that due to the nature of the series, it would be preferable to discuss about cases and incidents enclosed with appropriate spoiler tags. For instance, if you wish to discuss about the first case, please mention Episode 2 as the spoiler tag.

hamazura 2013-07-07 07:42

Dangan Ronpa: Speculation and Theories (First time anime viewers only)

Upupupu... Daahahahaha

Eratas123 2013-07-09 12:12

Junko's one of my suspects. I just finished watching a bunch of murder mystery movies, and one thing that's pointed out is that a murderer/accomplice is always one of the first people to point out when stuff got stolen/other details. In the Detective Conan movie, for example, the culprit was the one to point out that the clocktower indicated the number of people left till they all died. Or in Saw where Amanda points out that Jigsaw's playing a game with them when everybody assumes they all just got kidnapped/ when they're panicking.

Its likely just paranoia, but she was the one to point out that all their cells got stolen. I expected the otaku guy to point it out. I am convinced that its one of the students, however, since its one of those 'Whodunit' tropes that people love putting in as a mandatory twist.

Dirty_Harry 2013-07-09 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eratas123 (Post 4753230)
Junko's one of my suspects. I just finished watching a bunch of murder mystery movies, and one thing that's pointed out is that a murderer/accomplice is always one of the first people to point out when stuff got stolen/other details. In the Detective Conan movie, for example, the culprit was the one to point out that the clocktower indicated the number of people left till they all died. Or in Saw where Amanda points out that Jigsaw's playing a game with them when everybody assumes they all just got kidnapped/ when they're panicking.

Its likely just paranoia, but she was the one to point out that all their cells got stolen. I expected the otaku guy to point it out. I am convinced that its one of the students, however, since its one of those 'Whodunit' tropes that people love putting in as a mandatory twist.

Suspect of what exactly?

No murder occurred yet. And for all I know there are several culprits, one in each murder.

Eratas123 2013-07-09 17:18

Ah, sorry. I meant the most suspect im being the one who trapped them in. In both cases I mentioned - DC movie and Saw - neither of the suspects actually killed anyone, but they were the ones who trapped the protags in/helped the culprit trap the protags in. If/when anybody actually murders, then All 15 - except Naegi, unless he has a split personality - are suspects.

Its either that or Monobear's an AI. Or maybe its Hazama on a laptop, watching all the kids. It could be anyone, but Junko's still one of my suspects by virtue of her being the least suspect in normal cases. The obvious suspects like Tobaki or Chihiro are out since I'm expecting a giant twist come out of left field, as is becoming the norm for these kinds of shows.

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2013-07-12 18:15

When it comes to these kinds of stories, it's the minute details you have to pay attention to. Which is why I wonder if a certain scene may be important.
Spoiler for Scene in episode 2:

Eratas123 2013-07-12 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut (Post 4756457)
When it comes to these kinds of stories, it's the minute details you have to pay attention to. Which is why I wonder if a certain scene may be important.
Spoiler for Scene in episode 2:

This is a murder mystery: 9/10 times, absolutely nothing is just there for the sake of being there. Another scene I found interesting was Sayaka staring at the sword thing in Naegi's room when they swapped out. We can excuse that as her being scared, but a paranoid person might come up with other reasons.

Oh, and was I the only one who

Spoiler:

This probably comes from watching too much Detective Conan, where the dying messages get REALLY contrived and everything turns out to be a clue or hint.

Xellos-_^ 2013-07-12 18:27

more pointless speculation

since my first choice for the main culprit is already dead. Here is my 2nd prediction....Negi.

Spoiler:

what i really want to know is why sayaka wrote down numbers with her blood instead of the name of the culprit. She was stab in the stomach not heart. A stomach wound is not a quick death. She should have plenty of time to write out someones name.

Kiltias 2013-07-12 18:55

Ok...my theory regarding Miazono Murder:

Spoiler for What I think happened.:

SquirrelLuvsPnut 2013-07-12 19:29

About the numbers on the wall,
Spoiler for Numbers:

AC-Phoenix 2013-07-12 19:51

*Sigh* and this is what we meant when talking about it being just 13 episodes and every social aspect of the game being left out.

OK this is not really a spoiler, I will still pack it in a tag though to make sure

Spoiler for Probably reason for some misunderstandings:

piperz 2013-07-12 20:16

it's the shaman guy who killed maizono!!! he smashed her with his crystal ball! 11037 is a lie

Kirito 2013-07-12 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundamx (Post 4756503)
Spoiler for errr:

and it look like many people who play the game and act as if they didn't.. after all anime cut many important clue + kirigiri clue

I went back to check little tidbits of the games playthrough and not surprised that some important clues and hearing the "key" observations and details from Kyoko. It's a given due to the fact the current case feels rushed just to get the trial aspect underway. It could be that the anime left that out just to draw intense scenery and to keep the viewers guessing with little key details given.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut (Post 4756528)
About the numbers on the wall,
Spoiler for Numbers:

Monokuma will be indirectly involved unless the school rules or broken or if a murder takes place and as to play the judge card. So him writing the numbers on the wall where Maizono had been killed is very most unlikely since he plays the role of the rule marker and "referee" to a certain extent.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix (Post 4756549)
*Sigh* and this is what we meant when talking about it being just 13 episodes and every social aspect of the game being left out.

OK this is not really a spoiler, I will still pack it in a tag though to make sure

Spoiler for Probably reason for some misunderstandings:

Really? I need to go back and check on that. However, it did seem like they were there for more than 5+ days. Either production error or we're missing something, who knows, but doesn't hurt to go back and check.

Traece 2013-07-12 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarami (Post 4756572)
Really? I need to go back and check on that. However, it did seem like they were there for more than 5+ days. Either production error or we're missing something, who knows, but doesn't hurt to go back and check.

By my count Maizono dies on the fifth day. The first day is orientation, the second is the search and the movement of the sword. Day three and four are free time. Incidentally at this time they've searched every available room. The dorms, the cafeteria and kitchen, the trash room, the laundry room, two class rooms, the A/V room, and two sets of toilets in the dorm and the school building.

It's good to see that a lot of people are trying to solve the mystery, at least. I have to give credit to the studio. They could have done a much worse job.

Eratas123 2013-07-12 20:39

We know that its been at least three days so far: In the first episode, they comfort Chihiro and I remember sports girl mentioning that its been three days since they've been locked in, so people would notice their disappearance soon.

Assuming the follow up investigations/attempts to escape took 1-2 days, then its pretty accurate to the game.

AC-Phoenix 2013-07-12 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eratas123 (Post 4756595)
We know that its been at least three days so far: In the first episode, they comfort Chihiro and I remember sports girl mentioning that its been three days since they've been locked in, so people would notice their disappearance soon.

Assuming the follow up investigations/attempts to escape took 1-2 days, then its pretty accurate to the game.

Pretty much 5 days or more have passed at that point, they just made a timeskip so it appears as if they are in there for less time than they actually are.

Witch of Uncertainty 2013-07-12 21:49

Can we rule out suicide?
That was my first guess. It's too simple, really, but given the video (she has nothing to return to), and the mess could easily have been just her doing. Why she would switch rooms, though, wouldn't make sense (especially the thing about the doormats too, and the dying message).
Well, that's my take for now, and I'll be honest and admit that I'm not satisfied with it.:p

Eratas123 2013-07-12 21:59

I doubt it was suicide: The game isn't meant to be unwinnable, at least as far as we know, so unless they vote Sayaka as the culprit then they're all dead. That and Naegi mentioned that her hand was broken. Why would it be broken if she wanted suicide? The placement of her hands are also odd since that meant she let herself bleed out rather than killing herself quickly.

Kirito 2013-07-12 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calca (Post 4756599)
This really needs it's own forum so we can discuss each case that comes up.

I already asked a couple of moderators regarding this case, but haven't replied back to me on that for some reason. Whether they hate me or they just don't plan to take my suggestion into consideration, who knows. I'll ask another mod later regarding this because this can potential lead into other topics of discussion if it becomes its own subject/topics of interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty (Post 4756649)
Can we rule out suicide?
That was my first guess. It's too simple, really, but given the video (she has nothing to return to), and the mess could easily have been just her doing. Why she would switch rooms, though, wouldn't make sense (especially the thing about the doormats too, and the dying message).
Well, that's my take for now, and I'll be honest and admit that I'm not satisfied with it.:p

Suicide is a no go because it's not the type of murder that Monobear is looking for. If that were the case then Monobear will simply just dismiss it and just continue monitoring the people alive until a murder actually happens.

Not really because if you check the room thoroughly it's evident that a struggle between her and the murderer did occur, and the fact that blunt force trauma came into effect also supports this fact. The doormats is to mislead people from the killer and point the finger at Makoto and the dying message is the key clue in finding out the killers identity.

All we can do is wait for when the trial gets underway next week. I have an idea who the killer might be, but need to go back and reevaluate what I know and what I've seen.

Nachtwandler 2013-07-13 01:48

It's funny to watch people who actually know english speculating about sucide and so on than they were given totally obvious evidence who the killer is. I would understand if someone not familiar with english speculated this but not in other case.