AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

azizol_shahrir 2006-01-15 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by aoi_zip
who knows that japanese model website, i lost the link to it, it was called something net modeller

enjoy.............
http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zag41409/public_html/index.html

better bookmark this site man......

MrNotalk 2006-01-15 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafnir
Yep, add that to the fact that Strike rouge shouldn't even be a PG, considering that it isn't very popular at all. Pathetic.

The PG Strike Rouge is abit different than what you would say as just another recoloring kit, even though it is just another recolored strike:confused: ,, confusing,, huh? Well,, the MAIN difference is The Strike Rogue is a AILE/skygrassper package SET,, it only comes in that package. While the normal Strike only comes in seperate sets of the PG Gundam and PG AILE pack/sky grasper. It's not the same as the PG MKII and PG MKII Titans, which are really just recoloring with no extras and no super gundam.

Also Strike Rouge is still pretty popular, much more so than Impulse.

I feel sorry for Impulse's poor sales,,, so I brought a 1/200 HCM pro version. Now it's even more mess up since it's placed among my other STRIKEs that's in 1/100 MG scale and PG 1/60 scale, along with 1/100 MG Freedom and 1/144 GFF Freedom. My 1/200 hcm pro Impulse must be screening "why don't you just kill me now":eyespin: My 1/200 HCM pro Destiny is on it's way so maybe it can even it out somewhat. Destiny took on a bunch of oversize Destroys so it should be ok , I guess.

aoi_zip 2006-01-15 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by azizol_shahrir
enjoy.............
http://pine.zero.ad.jp/~zag41409/public_html/index.html

better bookmark this site man......

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! >O<

ryan123 2006-01-15 17:35

r the gundams on dalong.net painted? It seems they only did the outlines with a black marker

Sety 2006-01-15 17:37

Most of them are done with bare minimum, they're supposed to show how they look right out of the package for the most part.

nightbringer360 2006-01-15 17:40

Dalong panels and decals his models, but otherwise assembles them out of the box.

MrNotalk 2006-01-15 19:04

he also do very very little bit of painting too,, on tiny small parts from time to time

mangatron 2006-01-15 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNotalk
he also do very very little bit of painting too,, on tiny small parts from time to time

Yes, most notably his 1/144 models, he painted quite a number of them. I paint my 1/144's too, mainly because they look so odd if you don't :heh:

About that chrome finish Freedom kit, there is a Gundam chrome paint marker that would go well with it. I have one of those, and it's really a good substitue for grey

dj898 2006-01-15 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron

About that chrome finish Freedom kit, there is a Gundam chrome paint marker that would go well with it. I have one of those, and it's really a good substitue for grey

well if you look close you can tell where it's been touched up...
I once built HD Mazinger Z and it has shiny metal finish on the parts supposed to be white and once you took off from the runner there's no way you can hide unless you paint the whole thing - which defeat the purpose to shell out the extra for this kit when you can get cheaper non plating MC version... :(

srb 2006-01-16 15:23

The Hyaku-Shiki parts are attached to the sprue at the bottom/inside of the parts? So there aren't any visible traces when you assemble it?

I've been thinking of getting one, but I wouldn't want to repaint the entire thing in gold. Ugh, painting gold.

Syn13 2006-01-16 16:30

I have the HGUC(1/144) version of the Hyaku Shiki and to be honest, they aren't really noticable. Of course if you look closely you can tell but from a feet or two away, I can't really tell. I have taken a picture of it before but it was out of focus so it would really help.

dj898 2006-01-16 17:06

[ok time for yet another small progress update]

I wasn't happy with the diorama base - it was too blend and had no characteristics of Gundam universe...
So after bit of researching - i.e. watching few OVA DVD :p - I came up with another layout idea.
here's rough drawing of the new base - sorry for messy drawing. I was in hurry :P
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/4...08428xb.th.jpg

and here's the initial arrangement before I glue things down.
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9...08413we.th.jpg

dj898 2006-01-17 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
The Hyaku-Shiki parts are attached to the sprue at the bottom/inside of the parts? So there aren't any visible traces when you assemble it?

I've been thinking of getting one, but I wouldn't want to repaint the entire thing in gold. Ugh, painting gold.

with 1/144 scale the chogokin model is pretty good...
has nice articulation as well as being chogokin has nice weight to it, not to mention great gold plating... :D

ok enough OT...

srb 2006-01-17 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
with 1/144 scale the chogokin model is pretty good...
has nice articulation as well as being chogokin has nice weight to it, not to mention great gold plating... :D

ok enough OT...

Well, it's not that OT... I might get one, since it would only stand there looking nice with the plating anyways, but I'm still undecided.

Is that supposed to be a hangar?

dj898 2006-01-17 04:40

well the idea was some kind of hangar but I wanted to use the bridge kit so it's bit changed to outdoor are next to the railway line... Will need to spend more time to do detailed fround work - and still waiting for the fine day with painting - been raining and cloudy for last couple of days... :(

Sety 2006-01-17 18:43

I need abit of help.......I was watching a model making video of one of the top Gundam model makers in JPN apparentally and I noticed whenever he used poly cement on the seams he sprayed something else on it which seemed to clean the area, does anyone have an idea what it might have been?

Nesty 2006-01-17 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sety
I need abit of help.......I was watching a model making video of one of the top Gundam model makers in JPN apparentally and I noticed whenever he used poly cement on the seams he sprayed something else on it which seemed to clean the area, does anyone have an idea what it might have been?

which model did the guy build? that sounds realy interesting, any know what htat is?

dj, nice idea abot the new layout, adds more depth to the overal dio if u ask me :)

Sety 2006-01-17 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesty
which model did the guy build? that sounds realy interesting, any know what htat is?

dj, nice idea abot the new layout, adds more depth to the overal dio if u ask me :)

It was a RX-78 Gundam Ver.Ka..........

I also have some videos of other top builders making Gundam MK.II, Zaku and etc. they're like entire shows which take you through the entire process and shows you tons of tips for building models. Though I can't figure out what some of the stuff they use is.

Mr_Paper 2006-01-17 19:41

It's Alteco Spray Primer 「アルテコ スプレープライマー」

I have no idea why or how he's using it in that video. >.>;

Nesty 2006-01-17 19:59

i got the first batch of vids, what was in the second BT batch?