AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

LightningZERO 2008-08-17 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1809886)
How many times are they going to reuse that Wing Zero Custom pioneered pose for a box art ?

Exia does appear with that pose in the series though

Gouf custom 2008-08-17 14:17

I have:

RX-78NT-1 Gundam NT-1 "Alex"

RX-79 Ez8 Gundam

Which are both painted and highly detailed.

I also have Crossbone gundam full cloth. It's not finished yet. I was a little dissapointed to see that crossbone gundam comes with smaller pieces and does not stand up to the others I have.

Sir Dearka 2008-08-17 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouf custom (Post 1812341)
I have:

RX-78NT-1 Gundam NT-1 "Alex"

RX-79 Ez8 Gundam

Which are both painted and highly detailed.

I also have Crossbone gundam full cloth. It's not finished yet. I was a little dissapointed to see that crossbone gundam comes with smaller pieces and does not stand up to the others I have.

To me, Gundam Alex and Ez8 are just horrible designs. But that;s just me: a flishy-flashy Destiny/Impulse Gundam enthusiast.

Gouf custom 2008-08-17 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 1813066)
To me, Gundam Alex and Ez8 are just horrible designs. But that;s just me: a flishy-flashy Destiny/Impulse Gundam enthusiast.


Yeah I don't like the the thin pretty little toy gundam with wings and swords. Just loses the realism.

Sir Dearka 2008-08-17 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouf custom (Post 1813072)
Yeah I don't like the the thin pretty little toy gundam with wings and swords. Just loses the realism.

Ah... "realistic" science fiction. Well, we have totally different tastes, then ;)

Just finished asembling HG 1/100 Justice. And waiting for my dessert... MG Destiny Extreme Blast! W00t! :D

Fome 2008-08-17 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouf custom (Post 1813072)
Yeah I don't like the the thin pretty little toy gundam with wings and swords. Just loses the realism.

Yeah I don't like those physics-defying acrobatic bipedal giant robots that mind-bogglingly use laser swords to greater effect than truck-sized cannons. Just loses the realism.

Aceywacey 2008-08-17 19:46

Gundam is realistic?

Cox 2008-08-17 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceywacey (Post 1813312)
Gundam is realistic?

Well no but some series have really pushed it pass fake/impossible. :eyespin:

Rising Dragon 2008-08-17 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cox (Post 1813323)
Well no but some series have really pushed it pass fake/impossible. :eyespin:

Excuse me, I think every single Gundam series to date has done that.

Cox 2008-08-17 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 1813367)
Excuse me, I think every single Gundam series to date has done that.

:eyebrow: Leaving out space battles somethings they do on earth or in gravity could be possible. Though this is not the thread to discuss it O_O

and you have been excused

Gouf custom 2008-08-17 23:14

I'm not saying gundams are realistic. I'm saying the ones with guns 5 times bigger than they are and special powers is over the top.

Rising Dragon 2008-08-17 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouf custom (Post 1814305)
I'm not saying gundams are realistic. I'm saying the ones with guns 5 times bigger than they are and special powers is over the top.

The only Gundams to ever use weapons that were bigger than themselves are Freedom, Justice, S. Freedom, I. Justice, and Dynames. And there's yet to be Gundam with a weapon 5 times bigger than the gundam itself.

Sir Dearka 2008-08-18 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 1814388)
The only Gundams to ever use weapons that were bigger than themselves are Freedom, Justice, S. Freedom, I. Justice, and Dynames. And there's yet to be Gundam with a weapon 5 times bigger than the gundam itself.

Yeah. Not mentioning my favorite Gundam Stamen with its huge Dendrobium. Which, of course, I bought right away. The bigger and more crazy the weapon is, the cooler it looks. Thats why I collect those model kits ;)

StratoSpear 2008-08-18 04:05

I don't care much about these issues.... Mechas, sci-fi, or anything that promises to make things go BOOM is good enough for me.:D

duotiga 2008-08-18 07:32

MG MS-06R2 Johnny Ridden's Zaku Ver. 2.0


StratoSpear 2008-08-18 10:17

Is it safe to say that future MGs will have individually-jointed fingers?

Rey Za Burrel 2008-08-18 10:37

nope , just look at MG Infinite Justice...
but it still a prototype , maybe will have change ( but mostly not , the chance is slim to near zero )

RedWing 2008-08-18 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1815516)
MG MS-06R2 Johnny Ridden's Zaku Ver. 2.0


Talk about weapons bigger than MS's.

duotiga 2008-08-19 07:20

Gundam Expo Tokyo: A New Beginning
Insider Gunpla Intelligence Agency 2 (HG GN Arms Type D, 1/100 00 Gundam, HG Saachez Enact Moralia Type, etc.)

frm gunota

snarf2691 2008-08-19 15:01

speaking of "unrealism", how does virtue not crush the ground and fall with all that mass?:heh:

c'mon guys its a show

Sir Dearka 2008-08-19 15:06

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF5724.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...l/DSCF5725.jpg

:]

MG Destiny soon :P

muffinkevin 2008-08-19 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1818737)
Gundam Expo Tokyo: A New Beginning
Insider Gunpla Intelligence Agency 2 (HG GN Arms Type D, 1/100 00 Gundam, HG Saachez Enact Moralia Type, etc.)

frm gunota

10 500 yens for that Strike Freedom o_O :twitch:

LoweGear 2008-08-19 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarf2691 (Post 1819787)
speaking of "unrealism", how does virtue not crush the ground and fall with all that mass?:heh:

c'mon guys its a show

Because despite all that mass, Virtue is actually lighter than a Union Flag due to the GN Particles in its body (source: HG 1/144 Virtue manual). GN Particles it seems, makes the objects it's infused into lighter (as mentioned in the Gundam 00V Dynames Torpedo profile, where its GN Torpedo Launcher actually becomes lighter once it's connected to the Dynames).

snarf2691 2008-08-20 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1820853)
Because despite all that mass, Virtue is actually lighter than a Union Flag due to the GN Particles in its body (source: HG 1/144 Virtue manual). GN Particles it seems, makes the objects it's infused into lighter (as mentioned in the Gundam 00V Dynames Torpedo profile, where its GN Torpedo Launcher actually becomes lighter once it's connected to the Dynames).

hm that's very strange gundam technology alright. to think that gn particles could even affect the mass of an object.

jonli 2008-08-20 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by snarf2691 (Post 1822072)
hm that's very strange gundam technology alright. to think that gn particles could even affect the mass of an object.

Yea the GN particles are basically the pixy dust in the AD gundam universe.

They use it to explain almost everything, just like nanomachines in MGS4.

Rising Dragon 2008-08-20 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli (Post 1822316)
Yea the GN particles are basically the pixy dust in the AD gundam universe.

They use it to explain almost everything, just like nanomachines in MGS4.

At least its better than "A wizard did it".

Sir Dearka 2008-08-20 14:56

LOL, pixie dust. GN particles even look like pixie dust :D

A question. Is the clear color green base stand for 1/100 out already? Because all I can find so far is the one for 1/144s

InuKun 2008-08-20 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 1822448)
LOL, pixie dust. GN particles even look like pixie dust :D

A question. Is the clear color green base stand for 1/100 out already? Because all I can find so far is the one for 1/144s

The Green Pixie Dust Filled Action Base 1 should be out on the 28th this month :D

Sir Dearka 2008-08-20 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by InuKun (Post 1822586)
The Green Pixie Dust Filled Action Base 1 should be out on the 28th this month :D

:D

I have to get one for my Dynames. The GN Arms is tempting me, too... Ok, I'll get it :P

jackyng222 2008-08-20 22:11

when will the new decals from bandai going to come out? Im especially interested in the Launcher/sword and aile strike striker decals.

snarf2691 2008-08-20 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli (Post 1822316)
Yea the GN particles are basically the pixy dust in the AD gundam universe.

They use it to explain almost everything, just like nanomachines in MGS4.

haha or doctors and suppositories:twitch:

duotiga 2008-08-20 23:40

HG Gundam Astraea Type F parts

Dengeki Hobby Web's page on the 10th Dengeki King Of Gundam Modelers 2008 says participants get a Type F color version of the HG Gundam Astraea mod parts that came with the February issue of Dengeki Hobby this past year. The first of these events was already held in Osaka on the 9-10 and the second will take place in Tokyo on the 23-24.

frm gunota

duotiga 2008-08-20 23:52

Release today

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/...g/10072616.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10072616

jonli 2008-08-21 03:43

Did I spell pixie dust wrong? Lol....crap.

I've been wondering exactly how much money would it take for the model kit designers to engineer an MG kit? MGs are a lot more rare than HG, and it seems like we'd never see side-character gundams get an MG rendition of themselves (Gaia, Chaos, etc).

Gouf custom 2008-08-21 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1823514)

Nice. Looks good.

RedWing 2008-08-21 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonli (Post 1823829)
Did I spell pixie dust wrong? Lol....crap.

I've been wondering exactly how much money would it take for the model kit designers to engineer an MG kit? MGs are a lot more rare than HG, and it seems like we'd never see side-character gundams get an MG rendition of themselves (Gaia, Chaos, etc).

Yet we can get an infinite number of Zaku's? I don't understand why it's necessary to have a MG of every single type of Zaku in the UC universe, yet we can't even get main character MS's for AU.

UC is great and all, but a rough count on Dalong gives me 16 MG Zaku. 16/111! Almost 15% of all MG's are some kind of Zaku.

Mister Mister 2008-08-21 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWing (Post 1825068)
Yet we can get an infinite number of Zaku's? I don't understand why it's necessary to have a MG of every single type of Zaku in the UC universe, yet we can't even get main character MS's for AU.

UC is great and all, but a rough count on Dalong gives me 16 MG Zaku. 16/111! Almost 15% of all MG's are some kind of Zaku.

the same reason that Transformers have so many repaints of starscream - rather than just make a mold and never use it for anything but the original model, they can keep using it for variants and get a massive increase in profit from the investment of the original mold. smart business, although it does annoy.

LoweGear 2008-08-21 23:45

Upcoming Models from Gunota:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunota

HG Ahead
HG GN-XIII
GFF Metal Composite Zeta Plus (red & blue versions)


LoweGear 2008-08-22 04:43

Master Grade Infinite Justice Lineart

HG 00 Gundam preview, Prototypes of HG Cherudim, Arios and Seravee Gundams and HG Ahead and GN-X III

LightningZERO 2008-08-22 04:50

I have a bad feeling about the HG Arios that it's going to be shoulder heavy because of its shoulder wings. HG Kyrios (at least, mine) has loose shoulders thanks to the transformations, and I hope Arios won't have the same problem


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.