AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2014-01-09 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4969553)
Wait a minute, it seems that there's a big disconnect here.

...you're talking about MG right? If that's the case, then you're right. :bow:

(now that I remember there's no such thing as HG Ootori, medication sucks :heh:)

Yup MG lol

As for the HG, Im not too sure about this but, are some of the parts the same as the HG Strike Noir? The proportions seem to be very similar (to those of you who don't know, the HG Strike Noir is not ripped straight off the old HG Strike, it used mostly new parts)

Ill compare them once I get around to building the HG Full Package

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-09 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4970350)
Not for AGE-1, got that, just the razor parts.

I tried to enlarge the HLJ ones, I don't know if it can help at all.:heh:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/30...f300038706.jpg http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/30...9300039037.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4970370)
As for the HG, Im not too sure about this but, are some of the parts the same as the HG Strike Noir? The proportions seem to be very similar (to those of you who don't know, the HG Strike Noir is not ripped straight off the old HG Strike, it used mostly new parts)

Ill compare them once I get around to building the HG Full Package

That seems to be the most plausible case

All I heard about Build Strike is "New mold, not RM ones", reusing Noir mold is a good cost cutting measure.

AKENOLOVER01 2014-01-10 19:21

Well Bandai has thankfully announced a release of an HG Wing Zero. Hoping to see the Deathscythe & Deathscythe Hell HG kits sometime in the near future :).

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-10 20:20

I'm waiting for Wing Zero Custom

though probably need to be patient for this entire year :uhoh:

Oh, and Amazing Binder just got released few days ago, hopefully will arrive at the shop in a week or two

Knight_SV 2014-01-10 20:52

Wing zero ew/custom probably will be the last main lead suit to be released for all-gundam project.

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-10 21:21

Nah, that would be Exia (AGAIN)

I mean, how many HG incarnation of her exist by this point?

Aurelis 2014-01-10 21:21

Having the RD Wing Zero Custom, I really like the way they did the wings, which was a much, much better improvement over the old HG 1/144 version. I hope that if we're getting a HGAC Wing Zero Custom, Bandai retains the segmented wing sections, even if they had to forego the moveable feather tips.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Anyways, I finally completed the Delta Kai and it feels flimsy, in terms of how easy the wing binders, funnels and shield tend to fall off. And it has the same gripe I had with the Delta Gundam, a really sweet, long rifle but the Gundam unit isn't tall enough to carry it properly. Otherwise, it looks really pretty with the pastel colour palette.

http://i.imgur.com/wH7PTEb.jpg

And wasn't there already a HG Exia, though I won't be surprised if they did make another version. My vote is on Xi Gundam as last (or never) unless you count TR-6 as a main unit, which will almost never see the day sadly.

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-10 21:35

Did you use sticker?

I ruined most of the trim sticker on Sinanju, and even the emblem ones are incorrectly placed... so I say screw it and...
http://s19.postimg.org/940s14l8z/170110_0129_001.jpg
http://s19.postimg.org/7erot25jn/170110_0130.jpg

Needless to say, if I buy sticker-heavy model in the future, I'd rather prefer to paint it badly. :(

Also, I suck at posing :heh:

Knight_SV 2014-01-11 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4971772)
Nah, that would be Exia (AGAIN)

I mean, how many HG incarnation of her exist by this point?

I thought the current hg exia is already good? I don't think there is need for other improvement for exia and her variants HG, especially how 00 and quanta have a perfect detail for an HG kit

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-11 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_SV (Post 4971981)
I thought the current hg exia is already good? I don't think there is need for other improvement for exia and her variants HG, especially how 00 and quanta have a perfect detail for an HG kit

It's bandai, their marketing scheme are hit and miss (mostly hit though). They want to cash in, they WILL cash in.

And of course, there's this HGBF Exia Dark Matter incoming.:)

Skye629 2014-01-11 02:20

There WILL NOT be another Exia HG for a long time other than the Build Fighter one

1. BF Exia will take HG priority from newest series
2. Exia already has 3 HG kits (normal, R2, and Avalanche, all which are good kits)
3. RG BABY

The sole purpose of the All Gundam Project atm is to pump out the lead HGs (and recolor variants) which do not have a proper HG kit yet

Bandai is kind enough to give us raised parts at least :), I personally dont mind as this setup allows modellers to swap out the orange for whatever color they want easily

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-11 02:40

IIRC all HGBF also include original parts. At the very least, Zaku Amazing and Wing Fenice include them.

So I imagine you still can build normal Exia, probably different color.

Knight_SV 2014-01-11 02:53

Exia dark matter perhaps only be the old mold hg exia and the exclusive parts

n0m@n 2014-01-11 03:45

Exia certainly is one of my favourite MS so having a varraint which looks different to it would be awesome.

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-11 05:16

Well certainly it sold well despite so many releases :p

Also random question
http://www.hlj.com/product/kbymw-32/Sci
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMW-31/Sci
These weapon listed as 'for robots or figures from 15-20cm tall. '

Does that mean they're mainly for Master Grade?

Aurelis 2014-01-11 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4972187)
Well certainly it sold well despite so many releases :p

Also random question
http://www.hlj.com/product/kbymw-32/Sci
http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMW-31/Sci
These weapon listed as 'for robots or figures from 15-20cm tall. '

Does that mean they're mainly for Master Grade?

Based on HLJ's images, seems like they're in scale with 1/100 Kotobukiya Frame-Arms series. I think they're more in line with Bandai's 1/100 and MG series than with the 1/144 scale.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...7_6_256972.jpg
- Image was shamelessly referenced from NamelessChibi's Photobucket album which I found on Google image search.

Anyway, I just completed the HGUC Victory Gundam and I absolutely loved it. It's a simple and straightforward build but there is enough part's separation and details without being overpowering on the small body. There's ample articulation, which is especially nifty when posing that beam shield, some nice features such as the unique ankle protector design, inclusion of core fighter (which I did not bother) and the numerous beam effect. The seam lines are so well-hidden, incorporated as panel lines and the complete kit feels sturdy.

I'm not the type to include in my collection the likes of Beargguy and those Z'Gok variants, so the option of kawaii kits are pretty limited, thus I love the cuteness oozing from the Victory Gundam. Just so bloody charming that I can't wait for the V2 and am even contemplating getting a few more HG Victory kits.

The only downside is the grey material which is the same as Wing's grey sprues, that rubber-ish kind that won't sand.

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-11 11:01

MEEEP, so tiny :eek:

I wonder how small Crossbone series will be... perhaps a bit bigger than Loto? Or slightly shorter than Victory.

Aurelis 2014-01-13 21:47

http://i.imgur.com/SnggrzV.jpg?1

Now I know that Mao is an expert modeller who can recreate possibly any kit in the Gundam universe but I hope that V2 Assault Buster is a sign of what's to come.

Chiu_fan 2014-01-13 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4975776)
http://i.imgur.com/SnggrzV.jpg?1

Now I know that Mao is an expert modeller who can recreate possibly any kit in the Gundam universe but I hope that V2 Assault Buster is a sign of what's to come.

That and hopefully the V-dash with a Hexa head as well.

Looking closely at that pic, how the hell did he build that MG FAZZ into 1/144 scale?

Aurelis 2014-01-13 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4975790)
That and hopefully the V-dash with a Hexa head as well.

Looking closely at that pic, how the hell did he build that MG FAZZ into 1/144 scale?

Oh yes! The Hexa version would be really great to have too. I did enjoy the Victory kit.

And speaking of size, the Meteor Unit box is so small :heh:

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-14 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4975793)
And speaking of size, the Meteor Unit box is so small :heh:

Yeah, last time I remember it's the size of a freaking PG

It doesn't even have the excuse of using 1/400 ones :heh:

Tak 2014-01-14 11:36

Spoiler for Screencap:

Is it sad that I have everything on that screencap (and lots, lots more), in their original packaging and still untouched?

- Tak

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-14 11:43

The proportion on that screenshot is messed up

I don't remember Victory Gundam can be as tall as Seravee or worse, Full Armor ZZ

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-01-14 12:41

...and the backpack-on-backpack-on-backpack nightmare continues :eyespin:.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4976493)
Spoiler for Screencap:
Is it sad that I have everything on that screencap (and lots, lots more), in their original packaging and still untouched?

No it's not. Many collectors and modellers are just like you, and it's normal.

Galaxian 2014-01-14 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4976554)
...and the backpack-on-backpack-on-backpack nightmare continues :eyespin:.

I'm terrified of what the name of that build will be by the end...

Skye629 2014-01-14 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 4976817)

Build Strike 3 Backpacks?

xD

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-14 18:48

Build Strike Overload Package :p

Either that or Build Strike Ootori Oowashi Booster

Galaxian 2014-01-14 18:55

I said full name... So far it would be...

Build Strike Full Package Sword (I don't know the middle pack) Oowashi.

Rising Dragon 2014-01-14 19:18

The middle pack is the Ootori Striker.

Aurelis 2014-01-14 19:42

It will then be docked into the METEOR Unit.

And with regards to backlog, for me personally, 32 HG kits with most of them undone cause I shudder at the thought of having to buy spraycans for the color schemes I had in mind. Almost each time, the spray paint costs more than the kit itself.

Skye629 2014-01-15 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4976924)
It will then be docked into the METEOR Unit.

And with regards to backlog, for me personally, 32 HG kits with most of them undone cause I shudder at the thought of having to buy spraycans for the color schemes I had in mind. Almost each time, the spray paint costs more than the kit itself.

Spray paint costing more than the kit? Wat? Where you live?

Here in the US a average size HG price can fetch around 2-3 spraycans (depending on brand and paint type)

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-15 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4977262)
Spray paint costing more than the kit? Wat? Where you live?

Here in the US a average size HG price can fetch around 2-3 spraycans (depending on brand and paint type)

Maybe Aurelis talking about all of the spray

Skye629 2014-01-15 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4977277)
Maybe Aurelis talking about all of the spray

Yeah but who buys that many spray cans at once? If you buy the cans as you go completing the kits then its no problem as time goes on, you get more money from allowances/paychecks (unless he/she is building and painting at record speeds/en masse, which I doubt due to the size of the backlog in question)

Aurelis 2014-01-15 04:05

Haha, I meant per custom colour kits. Usually a kit around here is like 24-30 bucks, and if we look at spray cans costing 8.80 each, and 3 colours, it costs 26.4. If you add another colour, then that's an additional 8.80. Not counting the topcoats either.

Of course a can can last for several kits sometimes but it still does show that sprays can costs quite a sum.

Eitherway, speaking of the Star Build, the Freedom color scheme looks pretty nice for it.

PS: With Episode 14 thread, Model Kit thread and Gundam Build Fighter thread, it's almost always talking about model kits

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-15 05:26

Currently ordering HG 0 Gundam

I think I'll try to repaint it with ACD color, if it's a fail then I'll prime everything lol.

StratoSpear 2014-01-15 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4977446)
Currently ordering HG 0 Gundam

I think I'll try to repaint it with ACD color, if it's a fail then I'll prime everything lol.

Wat? Isn't there already a HG 0 Gundam Type ACD?

ZeroXSEED 2014-01-15 06:00

Yes there's one

It doesn't came with wings :p

That said, it's not a final decision.

RX93-2 2014-01-15 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 4976817)

Sir-Mixalot's-"I-like-big-backpacks-and-I-can't-Deny" Build Strike:heh:

Providenceangle 2014-01-15 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4977388)
Haha, I meant per custom colour kits. Usually a kit around here is like 24-30 bucks, and if we look at spray cans costing 8.80 each, and 3 colours, it costs 26.4. If you add another colour, then that's an additional 8.80. Not counting the topcoats either.

Of course a can can last for several kits sometimes but it still does show that sprays can costs quite a sum.

Eitherway, speaking of the Star Build, the Freedom color scheme looks pretty nice for it.

PS: With Episode 14 thread, Model Kit thread and Gundam Build Fighter thread, it's almost always talking about model kits

Most people think airbrushes are very expensive. Over time they are far cheaper then spay cans. Of course, if you're just an average builder, and don't do custom paints, there really isn't a need for airbrush. I've used spray cans before, till I got a airbrush. Once you try painting with one, get used to using it, it's far more versatile. Where 1 Tamiya can do 1, maybe 2 MG kits. It may waste 60% of the paint. You can do maybe 2 kits with one 10ml bottle, after thinning and spraying. You might lose 10-20% of the paint. Over-spray, bad mixes, etc...

Speaking of paints. You don't even need to use expensive specialty airbrush paints. You can use cheaper craft paints(at least in terms of acrylic, which are very good too, you just have to leave time for full curing.). Of course you will get better results with high grade paints, also special paints(metallic, pearlescent, color change, etc) will cost more. Of course with paint you need thinner, unless it's a premixed airbrush special paint(which is usually water based and you're paying for water).

It's expensive to buy into airbrush, you need to have a good area to paint, and a fume hood(spray booth) is a good thing to have. Initial costs will seem like a lot, but if you do a lot of painting, you're going to enjoy the comfort of it.

So yeah, back on topic. The more I look at the MG Build Strike, the more I want it... Also started to get build a order list for new gundams I wanna order; $500usd... Why do I want so many kits? lol

~Destiny~ 2014-01-15 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4977709)
Most people think airbrushes are very expensive. Over time they are far cheaper then spay cans. Of course, if you're just an average builder, and don't do custom paints, there really isn't a need for airbrush. I've used spray cans before, till I got a airbrush. Once you try painting with one, get used to using it, it's far more versatile. Where 1 Tamiya can do 1, maybe 2 MG kits. It may waste 60% of the paint. You can do maybe 2 kits with one 10ml bottle, after thinning and spraying. You might lose 10-20% of the paint. Over-spray, bad mixes, etc...

Speaking of paints. You don't even need to use expensive specialty airbrush paints. You can use cheaper craft paints(at least in terms of acrylic, which are very good too, you just have to leave time for full curing.). Of course you will get better results with high grade paints, also special paints(metallic, pearlescent, color change, etc) will cost more. Of course with paint you need thinner, unless it's a premixed airbrush special paint(which is usually water based and you're paying for water).

It's expensive to buy into airbrush, you need to have a good area to paint, and a fume hood(spray booth) is a good thing to have. Initial costs will seem like a lot, but if you do a lot of painting, you're going to enjoy the comfort of it.

So yeah, back on topic. The more I look at the MG Build Strike, the more I want it... Also started to get build a order list for new gundams I wanna order; $500usd... Why do I want so many kits? lol

This. This so much :cool:

You can get away with a cheap airbrush and still do wonders with it.

Personally what I think will hurt you the most is a good compressor. Those things run for quite abit :heh: