AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

SNT1 2007-01-23 12:53

wow, the HiNU funnel effects are kinda cool :P UC > CE; HiNU > Strike Freedom, etc... bwahahahaah

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-23 13:20

but this Hi-nu...

seems Bandai made one ugly lineart, sexy (Strike Freedom)
and the other originally sexy design, fugly (hi-Nu)

lycantivis 2007-01-23 16:40

http://www.hobbyfan.com/images/resin/rb494c.jpg
Any one know where I can order just that weapon? Cause thats from a hobbyjapan listing but its on order list with only 2 people ording it since 2005, so obviously that ones not gona come through any time soon.

GameraBaenre 2007-01-23 18:26

I have a source that may be recasting the CoreWorks Sazabi Conversion Weapon. Currently, the guy has one that belongs to me, and last time said he was planning on casting the thing. I will ask him if he's going to cast is, if not, I will get it back from him and I can sell it to you.

lycantivis 2007-01-23 19:06

Awesome, sounds like a deal.

GameraBaenre 2007-01-23 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycantivis (Post 809761)
Awesome, sounds like a deal.

Ok, you can email him directly: robfuchs@mechaskunk.com , or wait until he updates his webpage: www.mechaskunk.com
He's still planning on carrying resin kits and resin weapons, so email him to at least let him know you're interested, and hopefully that may get him to put those kits into production...

M_Flores 2007-01-23 23:06

That Hi Nu stand is just full of respect.
Unlike that joke that I got from the Full Burst.
Although the SFG was meant to be my last kit, this Akatsuki is very tempting, even though the price is just meh...

wavehawk 2007-01-24 03:15

---hears news of an MG Strike Noir...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...awk/DAAAAH.jpg
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Damn you Bandai! Damn you all to hell, you wallet-sucking, soulless vampires!!!! You KNOW I'm going to buy this monstrosity! DAAAAMMMMNNNNNN!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores
That Hi Nu stand is just full of respect.

- Assuming they don't cop out at the last minute and cought up one of the 'usual' stands instead...

nightbringer360 2007-01-24 06:08

Generally if it's out on Gundam Base it means it's about to hit the shops.

Now I have to figure out how to paint my other Hi-Nu ... maybe a Hi-Noir scheme? But that sounds a bit cliche ...

dj898 2007-01-24 08:00

that metal skunk guy is also going to carry number of conversion parts for Ver. Ka variant GM and etc. from Korean modellers... He may also carry the weapon sets plus new metal screwes if everything went well...

duotiga 2007-01-24 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbringer360 (Post 810154)
Generally if it's out on Gundam Base it means it's about to hit the shops.

Now I have to figure out how to paint my other Hi-Nu ... maybe a Hi-Noir scheme? But that sounds a bit cliche ...

Hi-Noir Scheme sounds like its original Nu colours( White black and yellow) :D

M_Flores 2007-01-24 18:02

Just wondering, you think this Hi-Nu (erh... Lo-Nu, XD) stand is compatible with the original MG Nu Gundam? Might be a stupid question, but maybe those effect parts can also sit inside Nu's funnels perhaps...?

The action base of my SFG full burst mounts almost any Gundam, including 1/100 normal grade kits, so I can put Destiny on there and turn the dragoons around to fire at it, lol.

LoweGear 2007-01-25 06:29

Why do I get the feeling that THIS would be the 100th MG? For the uninformed, this would be the redesign of the RX-78-2 for the upcoming Gundam Evolve Alpha. While it represents the most loved MS in all of Gundam (obviously), the design is so different that it might as well be a whole new suit. This isn't a 1.5 or OYW version MG, this is a RX-78-2 AU design O_o

Gevurah 2007-01-25 06:38

What the hell? The back reminds me of Mk.II, but it definitely is RX-78. It seems like it came out of 0083 with it's lines and shapes. Why the radical redesign? (It's quite cool actually)

Meehlimo 2007-01-25 06:50

LMFAO i believe i called that it would be a RX-78 varient like 3 weeks ago lol.

duotiga 2007-01-25 09:09

"to commenorate the 100th MG release , we shall release the 3rd variant of RX-78!!!!!"

:heh:

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-25 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 811146)
Why do I get the feeling that THIS would be the 100th MG? For the uninformed, this would be the redesign of the RX-78-2 for the upcoming Gundam Evolve Alpha. While it represents the most loved MS in all of Gundam (obviously), the design is so different that it might as well be a whole new suit. This isn't a 1.5 or OYW version MG, this is a RX-78-2 AU design O_o

im not a huge fan of the Gundam's design but if that were to be the 100th...id hit it

very sexy redesign in every area. the torso is amazing...reminds me of the primrose parts for the Hazels (that verticle style vent is something i adore.

But i doubt its what will be used. Its a very simple design, no substantial backpack or weapons, nothing to actually allow bandai to really, truly cash-in, ifyaknowwhatimean.

No. The 100th MG will be something fairly large and expensive..."Ex-S-class" mecha id say. The kit was heug and expensive...AND worth every penny imo

Akyra 2007-01-25 11:11

Yeh, Ex-S class would be nice. Anything huge IMO. Hell, they can even bring a MG diorama of the 3 doms and the GUntank/Gundam fight...complete with landscape or something. (Gotta stop dreaming)

LightningZERO 2007-01-25 11:13

I would like to see that Gundam as the 100th MG. Maybe it will have some additional backpack or armors to go with it

Derringer 2007-01-25 14:49

Hehehe, it's Turn A ish.

012Zer0 2007-01-26 00:02

hmm...maybe it'll be a RX-105 Xi Gundam

sx3 2007-01-26 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 809064)
http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/g...00000160.0.jpg

MG Hi-Nu that Gunota just posted. I think I'm used to the redesign now.. it looks pretty good.

sadly for me all i can say is that i will never respect this design unless it gets animated to win my heart over, whcih probably wont happen. i have much love for the original Hi-Nu design :( In all honesty, i prefere the Nu Gundam design over this too :(

LightningZERO 2007-01-26 09:00

It looks great to me. Have an unusual but yet great mixing of blue and white. Hopefully I will have enough money to buy it when it is released

duotiga 2007-01-26 09:36

i also like colour the combi...as for me i am quite used to the overall redesign....time to save up...cannot imagine being 2x in a mth spending 100++ for kits.....

Akyra 2007-01-26 10:51

Hmmm, I wonder if i can get staff discounts if I work for them...so tempted to learn japanese and apply for jobs at Bandai now...or even at Bandai America...

dodgethis_sg 2007-01-26 10:58

HGUC is getting better and MG is going down the drain. This is the opinion of modeller's in Singapore I know. And mine.

Our reasons?

1. HGUC Powered GM and GM Striker are just so damn awesome in detail and articulation. Not to mention their low price tag of 1200 yen.
2. MG Hi Nu and it's inability to stand on it's own two feet without support. This is very obvious in March's Dengenki Hobby. Almost every shot of it has a clear plastic block supporting it. I'll bet it'll have a lot less plastic than the MG Sentinel FAZZ yet costs 1100 yen more.

SNT1 2007-01-26 12:08

Quote:

Hmmm, I wonder if i can get staff discounts if I work for them...so tempted to learn japanese and apply for jobs at Bandai now...or even at Bandai America...
I know Pro-E (the software they use to model Gunpla) and I know Gundam, but I dont know Japanese :/

Quote:

HGUC Powered GM and GM Striker are just so damn awesome in detail and articulation. Not to mention their low price tag of 1200 yen.
can't deny this

Quote:

2. MG Hi Nu and it's inability to stand on it's own two feet without support. This is very obvious in March's Dengenki Hobby. Almost every shot of it has a clear plastic block supporting it. I'll bet it'll have a lot less plastic than the MG Sentinel FAZZ yet costs 1100 yen more.
1. There's a stand, use it, it looks awesome. Otherwise its easy to stuff up the legs to add more balance

2. FAZZ has always been the leader of plastic per unit price, so everything else will pale in comparison. But I so agree MGs have gone up in price lately. I think its the abuse of ABS plastic that drives up the price, but thats just my opinion

Deus EpS Machina 2007-01-26 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 812461)
HGUC is getting better and MG is going down the drain. This is the opinion of modeller's in Singapore I know. And mine.

Our reasons?

1. HGUC Powered GM and GM Striker are just so damn awesome in detail and articulation. Not to mention their low price tag of 1200 yen.

And your opinion somehow gets more validation cuz your modellers?

almost every kit in hobby magazines has plastic cubes and support and whatnot to hold them up. Its no surprise. Hi-Nu doesnt need a stand to stay standing, it needs a stand cuz its a laregly space-use mobilesuit (GP01FB for example looks, very awkward standing around doing jack squat, same fo Gp03. Hell, Ex-S can stand on its own too, stand included for obvious reasons.)

Have you built or seen the MG Strike Freedom? its backpack effectivly doubles its overall wieght and yet it can very easily stand on its own WITHOUT any awkward positions. (my review of it). Hell, the backpack for the Hi-nu doesnt even look half as substantial as the SF, so i dont think backheaviness will be an issue.

On the price of the Hi-nu...im guessing its the stand and the Funnel affect parts, not to mention the size of the gundam. Though it is surprising to see it at that price without the metal joints...

As for the bit about HGUCs...the majority of the models iv build are MGs or NG/HG 1/100s but thanks to AoZ, iv done a few Hazels and the Hrairoo. The AoZ material is quite...plain and ok, nothing great. What was great was the HG Strike Noir i did that really was 'next-gen'. In essence, the HG Noir was a HG with MG quality without the inner frame.

really, the quality of the kits isnt getting stale, rather the opposite unless youre doing rehashes/repackages/recolours.

M_Flores 2007-01-26 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus EpS Machina (Post 812526)

Link doesnt work for me.

EDIT: nevermind. it did now.

Anyway I'm glad that this erh... Lo-Nu kit doesnt come in two editions like SF did, so I can the complete package get it anytime without having to wait for specific re-issues.

Akyra 2007-01-26 20:41

EDIT: Whoops, mis-read the msg. But still, release so many models like this...still BLOODY BANDAI

MakubeX2 2007-01-28 05:33

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3...3779ou7ik3.jpg
Unpainted sample. Looks great despite all the naysayers.

duotiga 2007-01-28 06:36

hhhmm...didnt know Hi-Nu includes hyper Bazooka also......

M_Flores 2007-01-28 07:26

It doesn't look bad at all. In fact, it looks tuff. Very tuff. But, as said many times, the bulky, beasty Hi-n was a big part of the reason I was into it in the first place. ZZ or Ex-S just doesn't do it for me, it has to be a Nu. This Hi-n still looks good, but it doesn't have the presence of the fictional beasty old Hi-n. If I wanted a slick and slim, slender type over powered MS, that's why there are the Freedoms - I don't need that in a Hi-n. Anyway, that's my opinion. It would be cool though, if Bandai included extra parts to kinda build this Hi-n to finish up the original bulky design as the modeller see's fit. Oh well, I guess there are still the resin kits.

LoweGear 2007-01-28 07:45

From the pics, it looks like Hi-Nu is actually stable enough to stand unaided without those clear plastic supports O_o

DarkWarrior 2007-01-28 11:50

Looks like a very solid kit. But I just noticed that Hi-Nu has no place to store its bazooka like the original Nu did, which is slightly disappointing.

Derringer 2007-01-28 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 814601)
Looks like a very solid kit. But I just noticed that Hi-Nu has no place to store its bazooka like the original Nu did, which is slightly disappointing.

The shield weapons are also noticeably gone

Fome 2007-01-28 20:40

I'm just wondering if it's already been established if this kit will sport the internal frame of some of the newer MGs. I would hope that it could hold up that bazooke straight forward without sagging. I hope it will have at least Strike Gundam level articulation.

Meehlimo 2007-01-29 01:24

Lol i cant say anything about the frame cuz of costs but articulation u can deff bet its 5X bettter than strike cuz its a newer kit. Bandai has deff been making an effort to refine the kits frames.

MakubeX2 2007-01-29 07:05

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4...3834404bv7.jpg
Look at the PG-esque details of the internal frame. A pity Bandai choose to do away the diecast metallic parts of the Nu for this.

Meehlimo 2007-01-29 07:15

wow damn that awsome now we know y the price tag is so high....