AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

HasuMasu 2011-12-26 01:47

I knew it. :heh:

maknaedik 2011-12-26 06:10

At last, I've already finished my NG 1/100 Cherudim Gundam (designer's color). Well, I customized the color a bit, particularly the green. Didn't bother doing the beam pistol/tomahawk. I know it's not red, but I bought it not just because it's badass, but also it's supposed to be my entry in a contest held this May. Things were screwed and I even had many mistakes so I discontinued working on it. Now, I was able to finish it and I know it didn't turn out good. But well, I've learned my lessons :)

Pics can be found here: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com/c...ion-completed/

casval cehack 2011-12-26 06:22

Moving on, are you going to paint it red then?

maknaedik 2011-12-26 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 3919204)
Moving on, are you going to paint it red then?

Nope, I don't think so. Currently, I'm working on my HG 1/144 Reborns. Then, maybe, I'll do HG 1/144 Genoace afterwards.

More HG Dorado pics: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=42158
More HG Zedas R pics: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=42153

Don't tell me that the "R" in "Zedas R" actually means "Repair"? Please no :)

Seems like GG is slow nowadays or just busy this holiday season.

casval cehack 2011-12-26 10:41

Strange, the Dorodo's dual shield was not feature prominently on the boxart. Plus I'm seeing clouds behind the Zedas R. Atmospheric version?

bio9205 2011-12-26 10:59

Nah, hopefully the second gen will feature more atmospheric environments? Anyway, aside from the colour scheme, there's not much difference between Zedas R and the original, so I'm guessing it stands for Repair.

Appel 2011-12-26 16:18

my FA unicorn is being processed in the customs now. if all goes well it will go through by tomorrow evening and on wednesday, the day when im back home, it might arrive^^ it will probably arrive at least around friday by my estimate. im so pumped! :D

duotiga 2011-12-27 04:34

Bandai Hobby Division: February & March 2012 Release Schedule
Posted by G.G.
MG 1/100 Gundam AGE-1 Titus (Release Date: Mar 2012, Price: 3500 yen)
HGUC 1/144 Delta Gundam (Release Date: Mar 2012, Price: 4410 yen)
SD Gundam BB Senshi No. 369 Gundam AGE-1 (Release Date: Mar 2012, Price: 1000 yen)

==========================
irony...MG Age-1 Titus IS CHEAPER than HGUC Delta

helois 2011-12-27 04:58

Delta Gundam is more badass than Age1 Titus!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Znozzy 2011-12-27 05:09

i laughed ab it at the pricing, Big ol' fat titus is cheaper than Delta. wow, silly gold coating

maknaedik 2011-12-27 06:20

Age-1 Titus is way too high in badassery (not even a word) department compared to Delta Gundam.

That is what I'd say if I want to turn this into a fanboy war, LOL!

But seriously, I'm anticipating for Age-1 Titus' release. The HG version is good, what more its MG version can be?

Appel 2011-12-27 07:48

the price of the delta really is ridiculous... a little bit of gold plating doesnt justify a price higher as that of most MGs! i mean, its just 90 yen less expensive than the MG hyaku shiki, which also has gold plated pieces and a LOT more of them! its obvious that bandai is just milking the UC franchise as hard as possible at this point.

about the AGE MGs, im not that excited about those. im no fan of the titus, the sparrow looks alright though. maybe i will get one of those 3 (including the regular AGE-1) but at this point im really not sure. i will probably wait until the AGE 2 and 3 get their MGs before i think about buying them. and looking at how hard bandai is milking the AGE series im pretty sure that we WILL see all of them in MG form^^

right now im a lot more curious what new UC MGs we will see. because they DID say that more unicorn MGs are on the way for example!

suiton629 2011-12-27 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3920757)
the price of the delta really is ridiculous... a little bit of gold plating doesnt justify a price higher as that of most MGs! i mean, its just 90 yen less expensive than the MG hyaku shiki, which also has gold plated pieces and a LOT more of them! its obvious that bandai is just milking the UC franchise as hard as possible at this point.

about the AGE MGs, im not that excited about those. im no fan of the titus, the sparrow looks alright though. maybe i will get one of those 3 (including the regular AGE-1) but at this point im really not sure. i will probably wait until the AGE 2 and 3 get their MGs before i think about buying them. and looking at how hard bandai is milking the AGE series im pretty sure that we WILL see all of them in MG form^^

right now im a lot more curious what new UC MGs we will see. because they DID say that more unicorn MGs are on the way for example!

1. We really don't know how much extra it costs for Bandai to produce the gold plating. Just be happy that such a kit exists or take the MG Hyaku Shiki and do a gold paint application with a peal coat. Simple.

2. You think that Bandai is gonna do a lot of MG kits of the AGE series because they're milking it? Uh, no. Regardless, they would've done it anyway since:

a. it's the new current series running on TV's in Japan
b. it's the lead suits
c. the amount of resources put into it is little since we're basically getting the same kit with a few different accessories, arms, and legs. so the age 1 is really 1 kit with 2 additional forms...that kind of reminds me as to why bandai still has not done a mg exia repair 2. that would be a good way to end their mg line from the 00 series.

Appel 2011-12-27 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3920796)
1. We really don't know how much extra it costs for Bandai to produce the gold plating. Just be happy that such a kit exists or take the MG Hyaku Shiki and do a gold paint application with a peal coat. Simple.

2. You think that Bandai is gonna do a lot of MG kits of the AGE series because they're milking it? Uh, no. Regardless, they would've done it anyway since:

b. it's the lead suits
c. the amount of resources put into it is little since we're basically getting the same kit with a few different accessories, arms, and legs. so the age 1 is really 1 kit with 2 additional forms...that kind of reminds me as to why bandai still has not done a mg exia repair 2. that would be a good way to end their mg line from the 00 series.

when they can release MG kits that are fully gold plated at about $50 it really cant be that expensive. 4410 yen for a HG kit is simply retarded no matter how you look at it. and as you said yourself, making a finish like that isnt all that difficult!

and yes, they will release a lot of AGE MGs for exactly that reason: there are already 4 MGs planned: all three variations of the AGE-1 and a gafran. and thats just for the first thrid of the show! why do you think there are different variations of the main gundams in the first place? so that they can make and sell even more models without a lot of effort.
as i said before, the gundam shows are nothing more than big commercials for bandai. they spend a lot of money on them so that they can make even more money with model kits. which is exactly why they will be milking AGE like crazy, especially because its target is a younger audience! kids have a lot more money available than adult collectors because they have their parents behind them.
they also already made an all new line of models for beginners, a ton of HGs for kids who liked the AGs and a megasize AGE-1 just before christmas to get kits into buying bigger and more complex grades. the whole show and the product lineup is designed to make them buy more and more. and since AGE does seem to be kinda popular this strategy seems to be working very well for them.

Znozzy 2011-12-27 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3920796)

b. it's the lead suits

adding:

d. it's aimed at a younger audience
e. they predicted AGE kit sales would sell twice the amount of the 00 kits

duotiga 2011-12-27 09:03

to sum it up, for any kit that is chrome/metallic/clear(yes clear ver) is usually double the original price for the kit that is not plated/metallic/clear , be it no grade, 1/100, MG, HG(uc)

i thought for MG Age-1 , given the amount of parts shld be price ard hguc (plated) delta but cheaper?

cant help but also notice that even this MG is cheaper than HGUC Delta(plated)

MG 1/100 Gundam Heavyarm EW Ver. (Release Date: Jan 26th 2012, Price: 3800 yen)

maknaedik 2011-12-27 09:28

Well, Gold Chrome isn't that easy to recreate. But I guess, an ordinary Gold will suffice for you guys.

DV04 2011-12-28 01:49

Anyone get any gunpla kits for Christmas? Surprisingly, my friends bought me a MG Delta Plus. Should be fun putting that together.

maknaedik 2011-12-28 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV04 (Post 3921820)
Anyone get any gunpla kits for Christmas? Surprisingly, my friends bought me a MG Delta Plus. Should be fun putting that together.

Can I be friends with you guys? Man you're lucky! Congrats!

Appel 2011-12-28 03:05

nope, didnt get any for christmas. have fun with the delta plus, its a great kit^^

but my MG FA unicorn arrived today!
http://www.abload.de/img/img059exjey.jpg

im currently building the weapons, gonna paint them after that. then ill paint the psycho frame, panel line the armor pieces and then top coat everything... this will be a busy day! XP i kinda hope i can finish it today but i doubt that^^ i just dont really feel like working on it tomorrow after work...