AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Fome 2007-02-03 01:23

Yeah, EZNic already proved me wrong. See my above post.

kaito-kid 2007-02-03 04:21

Quote:

both beam sabres in one hand = one free hand. And Justice had the FLIGHTpack cuz it cant fly in the atmosphere on its own.
no, actually Justice can fly without the Fatum-00 and freedom can fly without the HIMAT wings. but they will lose speed and maneuverability.

mangatron 2007-02-03 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaito-kid (Post 821090)
no, actually Justice can fly without the Fatum-00 and freedom can fly without the HIMAT wings. but they will lose speed and maneuverability.

Well....in space, yeah. But in the atmosphere, Justice needs the backpack to fly properly. I mean, we've seen how the GS Justice was flying on top of the backpack at times, and when he undocks with it it was usually for a short time. So if he doesn't have the backpack, what's the point in flying if his speed is greatly reduced :heh: :heh:

And what kind of problem is there with the model kit having handel's for the backpack? I mean, you have to agree it looks great for display :heh:

Now, why haven't I seen someone put as much Gundam's holding onto those handels....surely the 1/100 Buster Gundam would look hilarious holding onto that flight pack :heh:

kct 2007-02-03 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 820903)
Wait, just to clarify, that means we are in agreement?

Not really. I stay neutral to all these. And no, I think I see you as someone who cannot accept something different.

So if you are biased against SEED (like some people I do not want to mention), bring that elsewhere.

Fome 2007-02-03 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 821142)
Not really. I stay neutral to all these. And no, I think I see you as someone who cannot accept something different.

So if you are biased against SEED (like some people I do not want to mention), bring that elsewhere.

Ok, this kinda seems innappropriate since I had already been defeated before you were able to respond. You had said that many designs pointed to the latter, and that "latter" was a lack of creativity, which was exactly how I felt. You sounded like you were agreeing with me. Unless you meant that they pointed to the former, in which case I would understand completely.

Meh, I may be biased against it, but that doesn't make me hate it. Strike is among the few designs that I always thought was extremely elegant. And Seed isn't really something "different," so to speak. It's more like a gundamized rehash of retrostyle over-the-top mecha, when tons of weapons and huge flower petal backpacks were considered fashionable. Unfortunately, I don't think I can give any names, I just remember because I played with these robots in China as a little boy.

Anyway, I pretty much already changed my mind after EZNic posted. It all just comes down to me thinking some designs are a little cliched. Art is subjective anyway.

kct 2007-02-03 20:11

Yeah, let us put a full-stop to this subject.

Alright, how many people here are buying multiple MG Action Bases for their models? In a short shopping trip I have with some friends that deals with Gundam models, the group bought about 4 Action Bases...and one of them said he bought them for both his Gundam and SRW stuff (does fit, the shop was having a pair of 1/144 Huckebeins on 2 Action Bases...but you need to drill the groin to screw the mount in).

Mr Chow 2007-02-03 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 821142)

For me their just one hellava great series, and the models for a novice like I; not to modelling just constructing this type of models. Is a feast to the eyes and my mantle piece, but there will be always some people who will find fault to one or many models that don't fit into their own reasoning. But remember people that these are only models and were created by people to live out their dreams and fantasies, I wish I was just as talented!!:(

Fome 2007-02-03 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Chow (Post 821828)
For me their just one hellava great series, and the models for a novice like I; not to modelling just constructing this type of models. Is a feast to the eyes and my mantle piece, but there will be always some people who will find fault to one or many models that don't fit into their own reasoning. But remember people that these are only models and were created by people to live out their dreams and fantasies, I wish I was just as talented!!:(

Damn, well put. We're all just dreamers, aren't we?

wavehawk 2007-02-04 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNT1 (Post 820036)
O.O model kits, dude... ain't no nuttin to cuss about.

- Sorry. I've been under a LOT of stress lately (frustration/anticipation at hope of new job...and obviously, I can't buy GunPla if I have no money). I don't think my opinion is wrong on this point, but yeah...sorry I snapped off on the forums.

The Strike Noir isn't perfect, but as an HG, it's rather good. The ball joints are firm and work pretty well, and while the arms aren't double-jointed like the HGUC Hazel and later kits, it does have a bit more flexibility than other seed kits (I think it had 100-110 degrees of bend--definitely more than the typical 90-degree right angle). And I'm not exaggerating when I say the 1/144 Strike Noir was a joy to put together; it wasn't too hard or too easy; i.e. it wasn't hard enough to drive me up the wall like some MGs (F91's flimsy legs! Argh!), and it wasn't so easy that I felt like an inbred moron while painting and putting it together. It was, well, just there from start to finish.

Okay I'm rambling here, but my problem is that I usually take Gunpla modelling a -bit- too seriously sometimes. I'm not an uber-pro modeller, but I sometimes try so hard in making my kit look good that it's more like a chore than a hobby. The Strike Noir, considering I only changed the pain scheme and sanded the face a bit, basically reminded me that GunPla building is FUN. And that's what I try to keep in mind lately--I'm doing this not because I'm a huge UC/Seed/Wing fan, but because it's a fun thing I like to do. I gotta keep reminding myself that.

That might be the main reason I'm looking forward to the MG Strike Noir; I'm HOPING that, since I enjoyed building the 1/144 one, they'd damn better make sure the MG one is as fun to build.

DarkWarrior 2007-02-04 00:19

There's a new Action Base color coming out soon (gray) so I'm waiting for that. My only worry is that the tip of the Action Base, which is secured with a screw, seems a little flimsy. The ones I have right now from the Legend and SF-FB kits seem okay so far, but I get the feeling that they'll wear down quickly. And I doubt it'll be strong enough to hold some of the heavier MGs like the original Nu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 821879)
And I'm not exaggerating when I say the 1/144 Strike Noir was a joy to put together; it wasn't too hard or too easy; i.e. it wasn't hard enough to drive me up the wall like some MGs (F91's flimsy legs! Argh!)

I recently finished snapping together Harrison's F91, and I didn't encounter any problems. So it looks like Bandai completely fixed the construction issues or something. I was a bit disappointed actually.. after hearing all the horror stories of people snapping parts in half or having extreme problems with the knee area, I was expecting a similar experience on my part. :heh:

wavehawk 2007-02-04 00:50

They might have; never tried out the Harrison F91. I know it has a couple of new parts, but never bothered with it.

My problem with the legs was that I was too focused on NOT breaking them--since the legs were made of ABS plastic and the shin piece itself wobbled when I started putting the parts together. What worried me about it was that ABS plastic, unliek styrene, had a bit of 'give'--kind of like in between polycaps and styrene (hard plastic). That meant that if I moved the legs by the feet, I might potentially bend it in a bad way.

My remedy was actually simple: I cemented the armor joints. Basically, the outer armor supported the inner parts, and since it's styrene cement the outer armor 'welded' together as one piece. Long story short, the ABS plastic leg wasn't the only thing holding the leg together. It's a simple solution, but it took me a few days to see the obvious.

The Crossbone's legs were a big improvement, though. Two whole and fairly solid pieces.

LoweGear 2007-02-04 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 821701)
Yeah, let us put a full-stop to this subject.

Alright, how many people here are buying multiple MG Action Bases for their models? In a short shopping trip I have with some friends that deals with Gundam models, the group bought about 4 Action Bases...and one of them said he bought them for both his Gundam and SRW stuff (does fit, the shop was having a pair of 1/144 Huckebeins on 2 Action Bases...but you need to drill the groin to screw the mount in).

Doesn't the action base have an adaptor for such kits without peg holes (the twin tuning fork like attachment)? And yeah, I have been wondering about whether the action base can fit on SRW Kotobukiya kits. Anyone have pics to show off on the matter? :D

kct 2007-02-04 03:10

They have several types of adaptors, those screw-ins are meant for the really old kits, or those having a really wide groin section.

I do not have pics of it, unfortunately, but the Action Base can be used for anything (like someone who put both Hard Gay and Collina on the Action Base).

M_Flores 2007-02-05 02:21

Who here has an MG Full Cloth? I can't read anything in dalong. What do u guys think of it? It really has a lot of interesting gimmicks and weapons, etc. but it also looks like it has posability issues due to its weight and load, does it not?

lol at the cartoon skulls < ver. ka skulls

gummybear 2007-02-05 02:34

Finally built the special edition that I got from my business trip to east Asia last month

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6847/dsc00002rs9.jpg

SNT1 2007-02-05 02:55

thanks to PlasticFrog at mechatalk.net, we see 1999.co.jp put up MG Zaku 2.0 as an April Release...

edit - GUnota just crapped it out. Its official then :P

Quote:

New Gunpla news
From Hobby Search and Pam's Homepage:
MG MS-06J Mass-Produced Zaku Ver. 2.0 - April, 3,675 yen
HGUC Blue Destiny Unit 2 - April, 1,575 yen
EX Model Oggo - April, 3,675 yen
BB Senshi Verde Buster - April, 630 yen
HCM-Pro Ground Type Gundam - 1/200, April, 2,625 yen
HCM-Pro Freedom Gundam - 1/200, April, 2,625 yen

LoweGear 2007-02-05 03:26

Link to the MG Zaku II 2.0:

MG Zaku II Ver. 2.0

kuraishi 2007-02-05 03:58

well i finally finsihed my freedom ... i acually finsihed it like 4 days ago but didnt have a camera soo ... here it is .... feedback would be nice. ^^

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6202/freedom1nt2.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2096/freedom2cd7.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6218/freedom3ey9.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5867/freedom4qe1.jpg

vakeyk2 2007-02-05 04:06

Wow, those MGs are really improving alot! I was drooling on tht Zaku J-Type Ver.2.0 and was saying 'finally!" That's one MG in my buying list to come!

LoweGear 2007-02-05 06:17

MG STRIKE NOIR

http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/.../10055447a.jpg

So it gets TWO Duel rifles like in the show, interesting O_O