AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

justavisitor 2021-07-26 21:09

But why people would want NIGHTINGALE tho? It's unique (I will admit that), from Char, red, and...big?? But it's from the novel, and I really doubt most ppl who purchased this kit would have read the novel...who knows, nightingale may have a horrible performance in the novel :D :D (I doubt it tho....but I don't think the buyers care)

lol, next time if I see someone I know owns this kit, I am going to lie and tell them that kit tanked horribly in the novel and see how they react. XD

Drake 2021-08-11 15:29

I've been on a bit of a spree with lockdown forcing me to work from home... Though I finally did get my hands on the PGU RX78, which was hands down one of the most fun kits i've ever built.

Here's a snippet of some of what I've been up to.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Think they turned out pretty good, despite me not having the means to actually airbrush/paint them...

Next on the list to build is the Ver.ka Sazabi! Hopefully it'll be a fun one.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-08-11 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 6483188)
Next on the list to build is the Ver.ka Sazabi! Hopefully it'll be a fun one.

Umm....be careful with the torso-waist-hip connection. Don't play with it too hard or it will snap.

Anyway, great work on the kits. Did you detach a piece of funnel on Nu's back?

Drake 2021-08-11 16:12

Yeah I found that just that 1 extra funnel was enough to tip everything off balance or just cause the set to wobble more when not on the supplied stand. It's currently affixed the a small base next to the kit on my shelf so it's not going to waste.

The Nu Gundam + psycho zaku ver.ka I built both had some delicate parts to watch out for, so I'll take my time on Sazabi. Thanks for the tip.

Illsteir 2021-08-12 17:18

MG Eclipse Gundam preview:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Illsteir 2021-08-13 01:22

RG Hi-Nu Gundam:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-08-19 04:06

Aaaaaand the kit we've all been waiting for: Mini-skirt Lacus!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-08-26 17:32

Oh look, Adam Savage is building a Gunpla:

Illsteir 2021-09-09 17:51

RG Hi-Nu Gundam preview:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) The details, color separation, and articulation are top notch. Can't wait to get mine.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-09-11 11:54

I know people say that Gundam kits sell like hot cakes but the last couple of releases have been downright crazy:

Also, both of the above kits are supposed to be the same scale. How can there be such huge gap in height? Is Hi-nu Gundam really don't have a fix canon of how it should look and how big it is? It's been considerably different from one kit to another :eyespin:.

n0m@n 2021-09-14 09:51

I never knew Hi-nu Gundam's wing (the non funnel part) were supposed to be that thick... But it looks amazing.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-09-16 09:20

Even Tony Stark likes gunpla :D

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user...R6gCAACWSA.jpg

Faux Mecha 2021-09-16 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6486144)
Even Tony Stark likes gunpla :D

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-09-16 13:00

Holy shit! Look at the size of the gun!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-09-19 09:52

Most glorious Leo:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-09-21 10:34

I want to post this here coz people who review older SD Gundam kits need more love:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-11-12 00:16

MG Virtue is here!

Illsteir 2021-11-12 00:58

I can't read Korean but I assume the disclaimer near the end says the clear parts used in the display to recreate the armor purge scene are not included, right?
It would be dope those are included, though.

Illsteir 2021-11-17 22:20

Another exciting RG announcement:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status...681413/photo/1

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2021-11-17 23:05

^ That is an awkward arm-folding pose. Looks like nothing can beat the old MG when it comes to that specific pose.

That said, I'm still excited. Can't wait for the hyper version down the line.