AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

LoweGear 2007-03-05 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 853255)
You do mean Zero unit right? Because if I remember the english dub well, there were 3 of the kind (Zero (1?), Wing Zero[first use of zero system] and Wing Zero Custom).

I kinda like that one too, the first re-entry scene was nice.

Erh... There are only two Zero designs in existence. The first is the Wing Zero TV series version (the one M_Flores was talking about, designed by Okawara), and the Wing Zero Custom, which retcons the TV series design, so they're one and the same mecha. You're confusing the Wing Gundam (which is referred to as Unit 01) for the Wing Gundam Zero.

mangatron 2007-03-05 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 853299)
Erh... There are only two Zero designs in existence. The first is the Wing Zero TV series version (the one M_Flores was talking about, designed by Okawara), and the Wing Zero Custom, which retcons the TV series design, so they're one and the same mecha. You're confusing the Wing Gundam (which is referred to as Unit 01) for the Wing Gundam Zero.

Uhm, I was talking in a Model Kit sense..... :uhoh: :heh:

And yeah, Custom sure gives it's name away :heh:

Hmm, we could use some more options for the 100th MG candidate. I can only wonder....

LoweGear 2007-03-05 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 853310)
Uhm, I was talking in a Model Kit sense..... :uhoh: :heh:

And yeah, Custom sure gives it's name away :heh:

Hmm, we could use some more options for the 100th MG candidate. I can only wonder....

You did refer to the english TV dub and the Zero system as reference :heh: And besides, there are only two designs for the Zero as a model.

Anyways, an Okawara Zero would be nice to see in MG form, although I imagine it'll be reproportioned by BEE-Craft to actually look better than the HG models.

sx3 2007-03-06 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 852790)
As stated, the Hi Nu colors are the Hi Nu colors. There are no variants that are known, with the exception of some of the first artist renditions and how it was presented in the book. Is it that difficult to actually paint a model? Seems a lot easier than waiting for a recolor doesn't it?

ahahah it WOULD be BUT unfortunately i've never air brushed or even own a air brush machine etc. to make a model of that calibur, currently since all my old models were scrapped, i have 1 destiny gundam which is just painted in a shine or glossy coating whatever you wanna call it :heh: someday i will learn to airbrush and everything than i will buy a hi nu and make one as sexy as the one shown in the earlier picture :eyespin:

GameraBaenre 2007-03-06 04:23

You don't need to airbrush. They sell cans of spray paint. They sell bottles of paint and you can hand brush. With enough patience, you could make it look just as good as the pictures you see. The Hi Nu is just one kit that will probably never get a recolor because it is a one of a kind MS, similar to the Sazabi.

wavehawk 2007-03-06 04:52

Airbrushes are great for even coats and certain effects, such as stencils (for patterns), and 'spatter' effects. The only problem is that it's a bit of an investment. If you've got the time and are willing to learn, airbrushing model kits isn't only fun, you can learn a few things that could help you if you want a job in arts and craftsmanship.

I don't use an airbrush because of the investment costs plus the fact I only rent my flat; but I do use spray paint and spray primer for my kits. I still use brush paint for the details and most of the paint schemes, though. I'll probably not be able to make the really cool stuff you see on Japanese sites, but I think that even with just brush painting, you can create a really good outcome on your gunpla.

LoweGear 2007-03-06 12:12

Pics of MG Zaku II Ver. 2.0 from Shizuoka:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...Zaku2ver21.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...Zaku2ver22.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...Zaku2ver23.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...ver2cables.jpg

Fome 2007-03-06 14:01

Wow, I'm amazed that they engineered it so that we don't have to assemble the pipes around the head and waist. Those were just tedious and a drag.

GameraBaenre 2007-03-06 14:29

And we only have to sand one side of the cables, not 2 or 3... WOOHOO!

sx3 2007-03-07 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 853558)
You don't need to airbrush. They sell cans of spray paint. They sell bottles of paint and you can hand brush. With enough patience, you could make it look just as good as the pictures you see. The Hi Nu is just one kit that will probably never get a recolor because it is a one of a kind MS, similar to the Sazabi.

thats a good idea lol cans of spray paint i never even thougth of that :S maybe there is still hope for me :D itd be hard to get the right colour of goldish yellow for hi nu tho :S and i wanna replace the orange eyes with green

Egao 2007-03-07 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameraBaenre (Post 854050)
And we only have to sand one side of the cables, not 2 or 3... WOOHOO!

Yeah. They are pretty much a pain to sand. :) I usually line them up nice and tight on a BBQ stick or on a wire before sanding them. These parts are undoubtedly the most hated on any MG Zaku.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...3072007320.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...2007002320.jpg

I notice that all the cable pipes in MG Ver 2.0 Zakus are straight, unlike their previous design where there are triangular and trapezoidal cut pipes. Can anybody confirm this? :D

philmein 2007-03-07 10:55

Anyone own the Zeta 2.0? I'm thinking about buying it later (either the regular or the limited edition version). WHat are the flaws btw?

Kittie Rose 2007-03-07 14:10

Wow, that's pretty good. I'd love a good 1/144 scale Gouf or Zaku.

bl_asd 2007-03-07 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 854903)
Anyone own the Zeta 2.0? I'm thinking about buying it later (either the regular or the limited edition version). WHat are the flaws btw?

i do, just got it last week, the only flaw is that they changed the propotion of the legs. The thigh is too long and lower part is too short. However, you can buy the old 1/100 kit that was released 1985 and change out the entire leg and make it look normal again :P I'm still in the process of converting. I can comfirm that even you switch legs out, it can still be transform and stuff. I'll post pictures after I finish my zeta convertion. give me a month or so :P

kct 2007-03-07 21:05

Actually, the Zeta 2.0 is good right out of the assembly.

The leanless is maybe influenced by the Ka look.

philmein 2007-03-07 22:07

I might just buy the regular 2.0 edition. WIll there be any difference between that and the limited edition? Just different colors, correct?

silencer.001 2007-03-08 04:29

yep, the color is the only difference, everything else, exactly the same :D

mangatron 2007-03-08 07:01

Nice update of the Zaku II, I've been meaning to dive into that more, considering the old Zaku MG kit's were so.....unarticulatable :heh: :heh:

And, not sure if this has been discussed yet, I'm wondering if anyone saw the update on MG Strike Noir. Which, if no one is interested consider this a post for kct only lol:heh:. Apparently, straight from Bandai themselves they said the MG Strike Noir's "Appearance and specification are totally recreated, based on MG Strike Freedom, with new parts and inner mechanics." Now that is what I'm talking about. Make this like the 4th MG Strike concoction, but this time with new technology. Very nice, with a MG SF frame this will be amazing. Hope it's true, because I can see kct's gonna beg me for one now :heh: :heh:

This is why I keep slapping you with one, I have faith in the Strike Noir! :heh:

Bandai hobbie site ;)

And it seems the Akatsuki has ABS in it's joints to strengthen the limbs for poses. Understandable considering the backpack options :p

kct 2007-03-08 07:56

Actually I've heard of that for some time now -_-;;; .

M_Flores 2007-03-08 17:37

This is really sad, but the right wing of my MG SF has worn because the little binder that rotates the mechanism inside didn't seem to clip on properly like the left one did (dunno if that's my fault or the defect of the kit), so now I'm gonna buy the normal MG SF just for that one little part. That's really sad, but seeing how I like this kit so much, I wouldn't mind spending more just to get more spare parts, lol, in any case, I get new (better) decals from the normal MG SF kit.
Actually, I can always bag myself a Hi-n instead :)