AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Suggestions! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=17015)

Zicky-Chan 2004-07-10 22:04

Suggestions!

well....i kinda bored today...any good suggestions for a PC rpg? really....i enjoyed games like valkyrie profile, persona 2.....so any game like that would do. thanks!

Entropy 2004-07-10 22:15

Neverwinter Nights + Expansions.

KOTOR.

Fallout series.

Ok I'm done talking out of my ass now :p .Those are basically games you can't go wrong with...

Thany 2004-07-11 02:34

Rages of Mages 2 is quite an interesting game too :)
Too bad I couldn't finish it ever since my CD was somehow corrupted -.-

Naflign 2004-07-12 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zicky-Chan
well....i kinda bored today...any good suggestions for a PC rpg? really....i enjoyed games like valkyrie profile, persona 2.....so any game like that would do. thanks!

OK, this is a console game, but you're probaly stuck playing it on an emulator so it might qualify. Have you ever played Shin Megami Tensai 1 and 2 for the snes/SFC? It's the original series that persona is a spinoff of. Amazing games, even more so when you consider when they were made.

Draikan7 2004-07-13 08:07

Hrm, i dunno what persona 2 is but if u liked valkyrie profile, seems like u enjoy the console type of rpg?

Zicky-Chan 2004-07-13 21:55

Console type...

mmmm....so what's the bigggg difference between a console rpg and a pc rpg...? :hmm:

DarkCntry 2004-07-13 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zicky-Chan
mmmm....so what's the bigggg difference between a console rpg and a pc rpg...? :hmm:

Usually open-ended size...for example, Final Fantasy X is very linear despite the random encounters, where-as an RPG like the PC's adaptation of Neverwinter Nights is quite open-ended.

Basically there's no real big difference, just a matter of preference that I have seen as of late.

Draikan7 2004-07-14 10:23

hrm i guess if your looking for pc rpgs there is
planescape? heard good things
baldur's gate series
diablo? not really an rpg tho
neverwinter nights, pretty long and fun but i got exhausted when i started the expansions
morrowind?
kotor was pretty fun
lot of pc rpgs, but for me, i prefer console rpgs such as valkyrie profile, ff series, mario rpgs, golden sun, xenogears, etc compared to pc ones as mentioned above.

also, i think one of the large differences is that console rpgs have characters that are already created. while pc rpgs, you make your own up. so this can make a diff in how u relate to the chars.

Biohazard 2004-07-14 11:14

Seeing that you liked Valkyrie Profile, i would suggest Xenogears.
The combat system is a bit smiliar and the storyline is GREAT. :)

Imazul 2004-07-14 11:18

Valkyrie profile as a pc version?

Anyway like Entropy and Draikan suggest go play Kotor, its a badass rpg in StarWars universe. It has both a console rpg feel and a pc game feel.

wsheit 2004-07-14 12:08

I haven't played the 2 games you mentioned (they're pretty darn rare- I know, I've tried to find them before), but if you're looking for RPG's with predefined characters (the kind I like) then you can't go wrong with Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic and the Summoner games. Actually, KOTOR features a battle system that feels like it was ripped right out of the earlier released Summoner. Both have very interesting stories and characters supported by a good soundtrack. Anachronox is also pretty good, although I got stuck at this difficult real-time part where you have to shoot down these aliens