AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fansub Groups (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Official thank you thread. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42413)

NoSanninWa 2004-03-04 02:09

Official thank you thread.

I've seen a number of threads created to thank the wonderful groups that sub all of our favorite shows. Rather than see many different threads created, here is a place to officially thank the groups that you really love most. After all, we know that many, many groups really deserve our thanks. To start things off I would like to thank a few of my favorite groups.
  • I would like to thank AonE for their incredible work on Gokusen. You guys have gone above and beyond with this show. I am impressed by the fact that you translate all the graffitti, but I am mostly impressed by the fact that you are handling all of this yakuza slang. It must be tough to get translations for some of those words.
  • Live-eviL deserves kudos for the variety of shows that you translate. You work to find shows that nobody else is bothering to translate. Shows that are unlikely to get licensed. Shows that really deserve people's attention. You find these shows and sub them so that we can enjoy anime that would otherwise never be seen, let along subbed. You sub Condor Hero, Galaxy Express 999, Magical Fairy Persia, Yawara, and Mermaid's Forest among others. Thank you for exposing us to these gems since nobody else cares as much.
  • I am thanking Seichi for Karakuri Zoushi Ayatsuri Sakon. This is a marvelous show that has slipped through the cracks and I am glad that you are offering it to us to enjoy. I am also going to thank you for putting out what was in my opinion the best sub of Gunslinger Girls. In your version you went above and beyond the call of duty by offering us your research on the guns that were used and even more impressively by giving us notes about all of the locations that we saw in Italy. It gave us the sense that this anime was set in our real world. Truly impressive.
  • Ani-Kraze deserves mention for being one of the best groups for translating and editing. I see how hard you people work to get everything just right. This dedication means that your version sometimes take longer than other peoples, but it really pays off in terms of quality. Particular thanks go out for your work on Hundred Stories and Spiral.
  • I have to thank Froth-Bite for Android Ana Maico 2010. When you split off from Infusion it would have been easy to simply pick up with episode 5 where you left off, but instead you cared enough to go back to the beginning so that you could do an even better job than you did the first time. That shows your true spirit as anime fans.
  • A-Source & Lililicious deserve my thanks for their impressive work on Maria-sama ga Miteru. I am surprised that no other group decided to pick up this show, but I doubt that they would have done as good a job as you do. My only complaint is that you didn't include your important translation notes for episode 1 as a special note on the video after the episdoe had ended. Since that was your first episode, I understand that you were still learning to work on this show and it was a tricky situation.
Just because I am singling these groups out to thank right now, doesn't mean that I am dissing anyone else. I love you all, except for a very few, so please don't take a lack of mention as an insult, because it is not. I just don't have the time and space right now to thank everyone whom I love.

Now everyone else may send thanks the groups that they feel deserve a mention for especially great work. (Just don't open up a new thread anymore.)

Blue*Dragon 2004-03-04 04:08

yeah this is an good tread for thanks to fansub groups.

I would also personnaly thnx to Anbu&Anoe for good subtiteling.

And I would thnx to saiyaman.info for fast releases of the raws

:)

Umbrae 2004-03-04 04:59

Actualy I would just like to thank all the groups that do this in thier spare time. Thier are some groups I download more from, but I don't think they deserve more thanks than a group I only download once or twice from. For all of you have taken loads of your own personal spare time so I could enjoy somthing I well might never have been able to see another way.

Thank you, I do truly enjoy all your time and efforts.

swerv 2004-03-04 05:58

edited: changed my mind :)

uLTraCarL- 2004-03-04 07:25

actually lemme edit this a little bit.

hylyte for getting me into the lang of digisubs back whenever love hina was coming out

i'd like to thank dark|slyde.
he got the ball rollin for me in terms of timing/karaoke/fansubbing :)

Elepsis 2004-03-04 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
A-Source & Lililicious deserve my thanks for their impressive work on Maria-sama ga Miteru. I am surprised that no other group decided to pick up this show, but I doubt that they would have done as good a job as you do. My only complaint is that you didn't include your important translation notes for episode 1 as a special note on the video after the episdoe had ended. Since that was your first episode, I understand that you were still learning to work on this show and it was a tricky situation.

Uh, it's being worked on by HQA. They've released the first episode so far.

Edit: I suppose I should add that I think this public fansubber ego stroking is a pretty bad idea. If you really want to thank the group for the work they do, go find them in their IRC channel or their own forums. They'll appreciate that much more than some massive thread on an anonymous forum.

swerv 2004-03-04 11:45

yeah or donate :)

Bullsquat 2004-03-04 13:20

I would personally like to thank Solar for doing an unbelievable job translating Jubei Chan 2. In my opinion, Jubei Chan 2 is the most difficult anime of the season to translate and you have done a flawless job. The translation notes is really helpful and how you are able to use Russian, and Korean dialect and translate them is astonishing. I am also glad that you are able to translate the symbols on Buntaro's shirt, it's a huge plus. All in all, you made the series complete.

Of course, I would also like to thank Shinsen and IY-anime for also doing a fine job on Jubei Chan 2. Thank you for realizing how special this show is to fans like me.

I like to thank Lunar for consistently providing great translations from all of their work. Your latest work, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue is also a personal favorite of mine.

I like to thank Miyuki Fansubs for subbing the classic anime Miyuki, Meise for taking a chance on Touch, and Anime Urchin for their work on Rose of Versailles. They may be old, and many people may have forgotten them, but I hope you guys know what they mean to those who still remember them. Thank you for bringing these memorable titles back to life.

Last but not least, I like to thank Triad for also consistently providing great translations. Despite some criticism, I thoroughly enjoy their translation of Gunslinger Girl. Something about the way you present yourself that really catches my attention. Looking forward to more from you guys.

Edit: Anyway, there's lots of other fansubbers to thank, actually I should thank all of them. They are not getting paid and are using their time for the sake of others. Now that I think about it, this thread is probably a bad idea since it'll definitely leave a lot of groups out and all of them deserve recognition.

Shii 2004-03-04 14:06

I would like to thank the following groups:

- The original Triad (A-F & Ishin & NLA) for their great work together. (response to the post below: I meant cooperation, you don't see that every day in the fansubbing community)
- Seichi for their excellent work on Gunslinger Girl and Tsukihime.
- LivE-EviL for generally being an ethical and responsible group, and for doing a great job subbing older, forgotten anime.
- Hikari no Kiseki for subtitling Magical Chocolate, which was a brilliant choice.

SwiftStar 2004-03-04 14:19

I'd like to thank Kaizoku Fansubs for loving One Piece as much as they do. It shows in the work they do.

7thMethuselah 2004-03-04 14:56

I'd like to thank ALL groups because they are spending their free time on helping us getting our daily dose of anime addiction :), but the following groups get a special notice since i enjoy and dl their fansubs alot:
:bow:

Lunar Anime: You guys are my favorite group above all, I get just about everything you fansub. Great translations and fonts, and I love the way the text appears piece by piece when characters talk (instead of doing it in shorter phrases as most other groups do).

Anime-Keep and Anime-Empire : What to say, ALOT of great releases and good fansubs from you, I especially enjoy Shingetsutan and Planetes. A special thanks for keeping older series like Tokyo Underground up (which I am enjoying right now!

ANBU & AonE : I prefer their Naruto version over every other, even though they are usually the last one to release the episode (the horror of waiting so long :heh: ). Keep it up guys!!

Other groups that I wanna thank are Ani-Kraze( Scrapped Princess), Froth-Bite(DDD), Anime-Junkies (Yumeria, yes they get a ty as well :p ), Infusion and AnimeForever and many others!

:bow:

Dragosmore 2004-03-04 15:03

I have a few thanks to make.

I'd like to say thanks to my fellow staff in Triad for working so damn hard on our projects. I may not have been around in the "ORIGINAL" Triad who did Azumanga, but if you look at our staff, nearly everyone is the same! (I swear I'm not directing this at anyone who also posted in this thread). My staff and I worked damn hard, and provided the best quality in series' like Popotan, Narutaru, Ultra Maniac, Gunslinger Girl (except for *1* thing in the first episode that was questionable) and many many more. Good job guys, keep up the good work.

I'd like to give thanks to A-E for well, letting me work on their staff I guess :P I love working on PLANETES, and Tenshi na Konamaiki. Thanks guys ;_;

Finally, I'd like to give thanks to my first fansub group I started out on, who still exists, and still provides great fansubs, even if not as fast as the others, Shoujo-Anime. The work on Pretty Cure is amazing and the time spent on perfecting things for Mermaid Melody is great. Woot!

Blue*Dragon 2004-03-04 15:06

just wanted also to thank to Tv Nihon for providing the Sentai Rangers. I still watch it. but no other series from the group

Now fallowing Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger if they send furter out :)

NoSanninWa 2004-03-04 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elepsis
Edit: I suppose I should add that I think this public fansubber ego stroking is a pretty bad idea. If you really want to thank the group for the work they do, go find them in their IRC channel or their own forums. They'll appreciate that much more than some massive thread on an anonymous forum.

I would like to add that I absolutely agree. Everyone should go to IRC and thank them there! Or seek out their own forum. It would be a much better choice than posting it here.

I created this thread in response to people's desire to have "thank you" threads. Since I have one combined "thank you" thread it gives everyone a place to say what they want. I felt that having this thread was better than not having this thread. In other words, the good outweighs the bad.

cc_sakura 2004-03-18 10:05

2~~~~~~~~~~TV-Nihon~~~~~~~A Speacil Thanks!!!!

Dear TV-Nihon,

I am not sure where I could post this or if you will even see it but

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I LOVE YOU GUYS!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a HUGE sailor moon fan and I love Sailor Moon Live.

I just want to say that I am very great full that you are doing this fansub!!

I am so exsited that you are putting it out so fast also!!

AWESOEM good on EVERYTHING!!

You guys are the greatest!!

THANK-YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

Mary!!!!

Quarkboy 2004-03-22 19:13

Yay! More Daa Daa Daa!

I love the people at AnimeOne who do it. Just remember, after subbing all those hard animes, you can always come back to do Daa Daa Daa!

Serendipity 2004-03-26 00:11

I have a few little thankyou's to make.....

1. Thank you to whoever invented Anime - life without it wouldn't be worth living...
2. Thank you to the creators of Naruto....I love it!!
3. Thank you to Anbu&Aone for the wonderful translations...
4. Lastly, thank you to my bf who got me into the whole anime scene and made me watch them with him until I was forced to like it (only took a couple of days.....)

rEkKaShInObI 2004-03-29 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexy-no-Jutsu
I have a few little thankyou's to make.....

1. Thank you to whoever invented Anime - life without it wouldn't be worth living...
2. Thank you to the creators of Naruto....I love it!!
3. Thank you to Anbu&Aone for the wonderful translations...
4. Lastly, thank you to my bf who got me into the whole anime scene and made me watch them with him until I was forced to like it (only took a couple of days.....)

same here, except for the whole BF part cuz imma guy.

JOJOS'STAR 2004-03-29 03:10

Alright Here's my 2 cents

Jon. That guy: http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=8452
who iniciated me to the anime world what I've did for so many others afterword. THX even though anime as made you a crazy person. Lot of love, don't kill yourself it would be very painfull for both of us. :nono:

Special thanks to

AnimeRev :bow: and Bakasan :bow: for being part of my 2nd life; Naruto. You guys owns it all ^____~

Miyuki for Grappler Baki II keep the good work!

KTP for sticking up to Kodomo No Omocha I love you.

Last but far from least Lunar for EVERY single one of your subs '.ˇ.'

daedalus6 2004-04-09 07:47

Thanks Anbu for bringing whopping 5 New (atleast 7 in total!) episodes of planetES in about 2 days of time.

I haven't had a chance to watch any of them yet, but Thanks a lot I love you ANBU!

Keep up the good work you do!