AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Assassins Creed Valhalla (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=155259)

cyberdemon 2020-04-29 15:55

Assassins Creed Valhalla

World premiere set for April 30th at 8am pdt

JagdPanther 2020-04-29 20:00

So.... Norse mythology now?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GIVE US FEUDAL JAPAN.

cyberdemon 2020-04-29 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagdPanther (Post 6414719)

I think they’re saving it for when they really screw up a game or when ac stops selling to win back gamers

Kanon 2020-04-30 11:08

Quote:

We've got Ghost of Tsushima for that.

Anyway, for this game, I guess they'll go for a Assassin's creed 4 type of game. Replace pirates with Vikings.

Renegade334 2020-04-30 14:01

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Will wait until they release a proper gameplay video to develop a proper opinion on this. I was a bit afraid it'd be AC3-ish style (lots of wilderness, with a few villages in between), but grounding the action in England with the first medieval castles and whatnot dredges some interest back up within me. Considering the current AC trend wherein they ham up the local mythology with the Isu Ex Machina card, I was wary of a God of War thematic overlap (I didn't want to see another take on Ragnarök or Fimbulwinter, one series doing it was enough), but who knows how Ubisoft will spin it off this time.

On another note, that Easter Egg in The Division 2 really did predict the Viking sequel...so I'm not very surprised here as I once was with Origins.

EDIT: either way, I'm busy regrinding Odyssey from square zero. I had a massive Windows 10 bug that had me do a C: partition bare-metal restore and all my savegames got erased in the process...even on the cloud (Uplay failed to restore them and since the game client automatically started a new playthrough, those brand new savefiles ended up overwriting the old ones on the cloud when I exited to desktop). OUCH. Well, I never did complete the second DLC, so I might as well try my hand at it again.

cyberdemon 2020-04-30 15:53

Considering the time period, this game will likely show the final evolution of the order of ancients and hidden ones into the Templar’s and assassins that we know now

Kanon 2020-04-30 18:09

I can't help but be reminded of the Vikings TV series watching that trailer. The MC even looks like Ragnar.

JagdPanther 2020-04-30 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6414796)
We've got Ghost of Tsushima for that.

Anyway, for this game, I guess they'll go for a Assassin's creed 4 type of game. Replace pirates with Vikings.

I shall not accept that rationale. :p

Renegade334 2020-05-01 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6414837)
I can't help but be reminded of the Vikings TV series watching that trailer.

Guess who was that British king seen in the trailer?

A certain Aelfred, king of Wessex.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/artic...-viking-legend
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/artic...-viking-raider

EDIT: apparently, the MC, Eivor, doesn't have an eagle. He has a raven (nod to Odin here). And the main combat gimmick will be dual wielding (you can even dual-wield weaponized shields).
And settlement/city-building (back from AC2 and AC3) is back!

Kanon 2020-05-01 07:24

I figured that was him. Incidentally, he also looks like the actor who portrays him in Vikings (before he cut his hair).

Renegade334 2020-07-12 14:49

cyberdemon 2020-07-12 16:36

Wow, it’s gottenquite graphic with some the kills with heads and limbs flying

Wonder how they plan to go about the gender. They said both are canon yet it will be the same story...

Renegade334 2020-07-13 11:48

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Full gameplay walkthrough from the Ubisoft Forward event.

I have to say, Valhalla feels very Witcher-y in execution and ambiance. Not a bad thing per se but hopefully the combat system will help affirm its own identity; I'm afraid that on the storytelling side of things, Ubisoft will never top CD Projekt Red.

JagdPanther 2020-07-13 19:11

Sooooooo.......... not very much Assassin-y things in that gameplay overview trailer.

Diluc 2020-07-13 23:10

Quote:

Or the ancient China, Qin SHI Huang era.

Renegade334 2020-07-14 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by JagdPanther (Post 6429124)
Sooooooo.......... not very much Assassin-y things in that gameplay overview trailer.

They haven't even hinted at what ties Valhalla to the Templar-Assassin storyline.
Origins was, quite literally, the origin story of the Assassins.
Odyssey, on the other hand, showed us the roots of the Templars.
So...is Eivor like Edward Kenway? Did he just stumble across an Hidden One outfit/gear set, claimed it for himself (thus becoming a pretend-Assassin for most of the game) and went around killing people with enhanced methods...or does he truly adhere to the Creed and is he part of an organization? For now, the story is merely about Danes/Vikings looking for a new land to settle and getting inveigled in the local squabbles.

The only thing we know is vague comments from the staff about how they want Valhalla to be a turning point in the overarching story but NOT be the final installment/conclusion of the saga.

JagdPanther 2020-07-14 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade334 (Post 6429164)
They haven't even hinted at what ties Valhalla to the Templar-Assassin storyline.
So...is Eivor like Edward Kenway? Did he just stumble across an Hidden One outfit/gear set, claimed it for himself (thus becoming a pretend-Assassin for most of the game) and went around killing people with enhanced methods...or does he truly adhere to the Creed and is he part of an organization? For now, the story is merely about Danes/Vikings looking for a new land to settle and getting inveigled in the local squabbles.

The only thing we know is vague comments from the staff about how they want Valhalla to be a turning point in the overarching story but NOT be the final installment/conclusion of the saga.

I liked the comments in IGN's video on YouTube. A bunch of people half-joking that someone came up with a cool vikings game and Ubisoft figured they'd sell more copies if they slapped the AC name on the front of it.

cyberdemon 2020-07-14 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade334 (Post 6429164)

Seems Eivor met the assassins before the game and helped them. As thanks, they gave Eivor the hidden blade. My guess is that something happens during the game that Eivor officially joins as a result.

The gender thing is becoming weird. Apparently you can actually switch genders freely throughout the game. My guess with this is that it is done by a piece of Eden Eivor finds. It allows him to switch forms much like Loki Once could. They are likely to just Just stay silent about Eivor original gender. Doing it that way creates a “valid” excuse of it in game that plays into Norse lore. Or we will start with a very young and androgynous Eivor finding the POE before getting the initial choice of what gender to start playing as.

Zufiria 2020-07-16 01:55

Something I'm really worried about with this game, and it's super apparent in the gameplay walkthrough around 8:07 is how odd the physics are with certain things in combat. Between things not feeling like they have weight and the sound design not really helping, I don't see the combat being that satisfying. Hopefully that's something they're working on and it's a beta problem.

Renegade334 2020-07-16 12:05