AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 1] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81838)

Skyfall 2009-05-21 11:20

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 1]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Suzumiya Haruhi (2009), Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Littm 2009-05-21 11:28

Yes ! Totaly awesome ! Awesome enidng tune ! Thanks Kyoto, this is really interesting episode.

Also,
Spoiler:

No new op. Okay, now waiting for new episodes. One month to go.

QueenNori 2009-05-21 11:30

Liked the new ending.

musume_no_hoshi 2009-05-21 11:31

New ending = awesome

Even if there is no dancing, it's still a good ending. I do like the running scene for some reason.

The episode itself felt like typical Haruhi, I can barely remember what happened in the novel. I think I got to wait for a subbed version.

C.A. 2009-05-21 11:31

I still think Hare is better, maybe this ED hasn't got to me yet. The dancing has definitely left with the director.

Sute443 2009-05-21 11:33

New ending is interesting. Pity we'll have to wait a few weeks to find out what the new opening will be/if there will be a new op.

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or does Mikuru seem a little bit taller than she did before? Did the top of her head always come above Kyon's shoulders?

Midonin 2009-05-21 11:34

The new ED's release date is 8/26, going by a commercial that aired immediately after.

This is going to be a long wait.

Ottocycle 2009-05-21 11:34

Remind me never to watch a Haruhi ep with Yuki in it raw. I died from the jargon.

Patriot's Blade 2009-05-21 11:36

:frustrated: duuh, what the hell were they smokin when they did that... oh well, my back hurts now. *yawn*

Kid Ying 2009-05-21 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A. (Post 2408447)
I still think Hare is better, maybe this ED hasn't got to me yet. The dancing has definitely left with the director.

Yeah, it's the same with me. But Hare leave such an impression that it's hard to associate any other ed with Haruhi, at least for me, so i will give some time for the new ed to grown for me.

About the episode, i didn't read the novels, so i didn't get a lot of stuff, but it looks good. I hope someone sub this in 1080p(or at least 720p) cause Haruhi deserves it.

Argh, now, after all the trolling, all the pain... One more month to see new stuff again. But it's worth it.

Team Rocket Elite 2009-05-21 11:46

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was one of my favorite parts of Haruhi. The anime did an amazing job with it. It took 3 years, but it's good to see Haruhi back. =D

C.A. 2009-05-21 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite (Post 2408497)
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was one of my favorite parts of Haruhi. The anime did an amazing job with it. It took 3 years, but it's good to see Haruhi back. =D

Yep 3 years, there's no better time than 3 years to air Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

dkellis 2009-05-21 11:50

I'm going to have to give the new ED some time to grow on me. Right now I'm still too used to HHY.

Ascaloth 2009-05-21 11:51

"Tomare" is....epileptastic, to put it mildly. X_X

Midonin 2009-05-21 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A. (Post 2408505)
Yep 3 years, there's no better time than 3 years to air Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

That's pretty clever of them.

Heminga13 2009-05-21 11:54

Awesome new episode, pacing seemed kinda quick though.

Team Rocket Elite 2009-05-21 11:54

Hare Hare Yukai is hard to live up to. Tomare is still pretty good.

Max10 2009-05-21 12:10

I'm trying to remember the novels...
Endless Eight would be a nice bonus, but as far as a plot backbone to hang the episodes around, Disappearance seems the obvious choice. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is key to that book too. This was the point I thought the novels really got interesting.

QueenNori 2009-05-21 12:13

What's the next episode called?

C.A. 2009-05-21 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenNori (Post 2408553)
What's the next episode called?

They didn't show, but we can guess it could be Endless Eight.