AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

firefox 2011-10-06 01:17

I just ordered MG Destiny gundam (extreme blast mode) to commemorate my rewatching of seed destiny :)

Now i'm watching 00 season 1, so what 2 of these 3 should i get ?:

MG exia gundam
1/100 Dynames gundam
MG GN-X

maknaedik 2011-10-06 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3794908)
I just ordered MG Destiny gundam (extreme blast mode) to commemorate my rewatching of seed destiny :)

Now i'm watching 00 season 1, so what 2 of these 3 should i get ?:

MG exia gundam
1/100 Dynames gundam
MG GN-X

I'm not gonna bitch you and say choose MG 00 since it's not on the list. So my recommendation among the three is MG Exia Gundam. You can either get the normal version or the ignition mode. Though IM is much more expensive, having one, I think, is worth it.

firefox 2011-10-06 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3794920)
I'm not gonna bitch you and say choose MG 00 since it's not on the list. So my recommendation among the three is MG Exia Gundam. You can either get the normal version or the ignition mode. Though IM is much more expensive, having one, I think, is worth it.

I don't like 00 gundam with raiser, i do like MG seven swords 00, but as i wanted 2 cheaper 1/100's instead of 1 expensive MG one i'll choose from those.

This reasoning is also given in by shipping, a small pack can either hold 1 big MG or 2 normal 1/100 or smaller MG's.

maknaedik 2011-10-06 01:51

I see, so regular Exia it is! Oh wait, as far as I can remember. Qan[t]'s box is the same size of Exia's :)

Chiu_fan 2011-10-06 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3794908)
I just ordered MG Destiny gundam (extreme blast mode) to commemorate my rewatching of seed destiny :)

Now i'm watching 00 season 1, so what 2 of these 3 should i get ?:

MG exia gundam
1/100 Dynames gundam
MG GN-X

I have both the MG Exia(Ignition mode) and the MG GN-X, and I loved both models. If your really going for the Exia, I highly recommend you get the Ignition mode. Those chrome parts are going to be worth it. Just a heads up, your gonna need an Action base for either master grade as they both have weak ankles.

Anyway, my final exams are over and I have a month's worth of vacation! To celebrate and reward myself, I just ordered the MG Destiny Gundam Extreme Blast Mode with a few Gundam markers.

firefox 2011-10-06 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3794928)
I see, so regular Exia it is! Oh wait, as far as I can remember. Qan[t]'s box is the same size of Exia's :)


Qan is just a little bit to weird for me.

I thought about the special version of exia, but besides if you want to build the damaged version of exia i don't really see how the silver edges can justify the price.
It does have that light, but does anybody actually display a model with lights constantly? I got headlights in my PG strike and MK II and i never switch them on.

I could also get a few 1/100 seed models or older Mg's instead :)

maknaedik 2011-10-06 03:43

You're not alone. I find it weird too. Though I have one myself, but in HG form :)

Well, that's the most common issue about it. The bling bling effect can be done using chrome paints out there. Most people just buy it, usually, because of the repair MK-I and the chrome is just a bonus. That's why for some, it's not worthy of having one.

Well, for Seed, my favorite No Grade 1/100 is Nebular Blitz. Has parts for ordinary Blitz, wings of Gold Frame Amatu Mina Custom, has a stand for its grappling whatever, lots of weapons and it's red. Though I'm saying all of these, I haven't built it yet. That's why I can't say anything about its articulation. But I suppose it's the same as other Seed NG 1/100 kits.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-06 04:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3794990)
Well, for Seed, my favorite No Grade 1/100 is Nebular Blitz. Has parts for ordinary Blitz, wings of Gold Frame Amatu Mina Custom, has a stand for its grappling whatever, lots of weapons and it's red. Though I'm saying all of these, I haven't built it yet. That's why I can't say anything about its articulation. But I suppose it's the same as other Seed NG 1/100 kits.

Regarding the Nebula Blitz's articulation: It's almost the same as the original, but the knees are now double-jointet, so you get almost a 180 bend out of it.

maknaedik 2011-10-06 04:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3795002)
Regarding the Nebula Blitz's articulation: It's almost the same as the original, but the knees are now double-jointet, so you get almost a 180 bend out of it.

WOW! That's good to hear :)) I've always thought that its articulation has no improvement since it came with Blitz. Thank you for the info

Znozzy 2011-10-06 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3794908)
I just ordered MG Destiny gundam (extreme blast mode) to commemorate my rewatching of seed destiny :)

Now i'm watching 00 season 1, so what 2 of these 3 should i get ?:

MG exia gundam
1/100 Dynames gundam
MG GN-X

get the MG GN-X, a special and beautiful MG kit :) not too complicated but it looks beautiful and badass with just some panel lining :)

only downside is the previously mentioned weak ankle joint, and that the shield tends to pop off if you move it (the arm-shield connector is a bit weak).

it grips it's GN beam rifle perfectly (well, its attached to the arm)

great and easy to pose, you can pose it without a stand but i'd recoomend using the beam rifle as a counterweight and have it touch the ground so it wont tilt over, like a crutch(spelling? english isnt my first language)

Quote:

Well, I think he won't spare a page. A wishful thinking that if he does that, Bandai will hear his prayer :P
now that would be something wouldn't it? lol

Chiu_fan 2011-10-06 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3795055)
get the MG GN-X, a special and beautiful MG kit :) not too complicated but it looks beautiful and badass with just some panel lining :)

only downside is the previously mentioned weak ankle joint, and that the shield tends to pop off if you move it (the arm-shield connector is a bit weak).

it grips it's GN beam rifle perfectly (well, its attached to the arm)

great and easy to pose, you can pose it without a stand but i'd recoomend using the beam rifle as a counterweight and have it touch the ground so it wont tilt over, like a crutch(spelling? english isnt my first language)

I also forgot to mention that the large binders also tend to fall off but not too often on mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3795055)
shield tends to pop off if you move it

Really? Mine, stays in place just fine.

suiton629 2011-10-06 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3794908)
I just ordered MG Destiny gundam (extreme blast mode) to commemorate my rewatching of seed destiny :)

Now i'm watching 00 season 1, so what 2 of these 3 should i get ?:

MG exia gundam
1/100 Dynames gundam
MG GN-X

I would just start getting the main lead suits from the 00 series..

NG 1/100 Astraea
MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword G
MG 00 Qan[T]

* The reason why I said Exia and Exia Ignition Mode is because the Ignition Mode as chromed up parts and parts for the Exia Repair. So what I would do is use the regular MG Exia and use the the parts from the Ignition Mode and make it the Repair 1 version. Then, you just build the regular MG Exia from the Ignition Mode pieces (with the chrome parts).

If we got an Exia Repair 2, Astraea, 00 Qan[T] Full Saber, and Exia Avalanche Dash... That would complete the MG line up... =) The ones I put in bold should be done and would cost Bandai very little...

1. Exia Repair 2
- take original MG Exia
- take GN Sword 2 parts from MG 00 Raiser
- mold new armor pieces

2. Astraea
- take 1/100 No Grade
- provide inner frame
- tweak some parts here and there

3. 00 Qan[T] Full Saber
- take MG 00 Qan[T]
- add a plate or 2 for the GN Sword IV pieces

firefox 2011-10-06 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3795176)
I would just start getting the main lead suits from the 00 series..

NG 1/100 Astraea
MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Raiser 7 Sword G
MG 00 Qan[T]

* The reason why I said Exia and Exia Ignition Mode is because the Ignition Mode as chromed up parts and parts for the Exia Repair. So what I would do is use the regular MG Exia and use the the parts from the Ignition Mode and make it the Repair 1 version. Then, you just build the regular MG Exia from the Ignition Mode pieces (with the chrome parts).

If we got an Exia Repair 2, Astraea, 00 Qan[T] Full Saber, and Exia Avalanche Dash... That would complete the MG line up... =) The ones I put in bold should be done and would cost Bandai very little...

1. Exia Repair 2
- take original MG Exia
- take GN Sword 2 parts from MG 00 Raiser
- mold new armor pieces

2. Astraea
- take 1/100 No Grade
- provide inner frame
- tweak some parts here and there

3. 00 Qan[T] Full Saber
- take MG 00 Qan[T]
- add a plate or 2 for the GN Sword IV pieces

I allready have a build 1/100 Astraea :) and a 1/100 Astraea F still waiting in the closet.

I don't care about owning every variant of the RWB 00 suit, especially since only the origional exia and the 7/8 swords 00 are cool, the rest are useless spotfillers in the MG lineup .There are way more important 00 suits who need MG like patrick's Enact and the Tieren Smirnov version :naughty: :naughty:

Now did i mention yet we desperately need a MG Gaia gundam ???:D

To end this discussion i just ordered 1/100 Dynames and MG GN-X, Exia will have to wait.

Are there any pictures yet of the revamped 1/144 HG seed models?

Sworra 2011-10-06 08:06

I just love reading repeats of posts, sounds like a broken record or a parrot talking to me.

duotiga 2011-10-06 08:09

how abt MG Saviour with a better wing binder than the 1/100?

another issue for MG Exia is the GN Drive. is very loose

maknaedik 2011-10-06 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3795210)
how abt MG Saviour with a better wing binder than the 1/100?

another issue for MG Exia is the GN Drive. is very loose

MG Saviour would be lovely :)

Is it that loose? I have one, though there's this feeling that it's not secure, it's still is. Not really that worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3795206)
I just love reading repeats of posts, sounds like a broken record or a parrot talking to me.

I think he's aware of that and doesn't care at all, LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3795201)
I allready have a build 1/100 Astraea :) and a 1/100 Astraea F still waiting in the closet.

I don't care about owning every variant of the RWB 00 suit, especially since only the origional exia and the 7/8 swords 00 are cool, the rest are useless spotfillers in the MG lineup .There are way more important 00 suits who need MG like patrick's Enact and the Tieren Smirnov version :naughty: :naughty:

Now did i mention yet we desperately need a MG Gaia gundam ???:D

To end this discussion i just ordered 1/100 Dynames and MG GN-X, Exia will have to wait.

MG Reborns so that 00 Raiser won't be alone anymore. (Oh, now I sound repetitive myself)

If they'll make an MG Gaia, then I'd love to see its orange colored version as well :)

GN-X's good in my opinion. Though it's sad that they didn't milk it out.

suiton629 2011-10-06 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3795237)
MG Saviour would be lovely :)

Is it that loose? I have one, though there's this feeling that it's not secure, it's still is. Not really that worse.


I think he's aware of that and doesn't care at all, LOL!


MG Reborns so that 00 Raiser won't be alone anymore. (Oh, now I sound repetitive myself)

If they'll make an MG Gaia, then I'd love to see its orange colored version as well :)

GN-X's good in my opinion. Though it's sad that they didn't milk it out.

Eh~ Then how about MG Exia Repair 2 and MG Astraea so the other leads from the 00 universe don't feel empty... :heh::heh::heh:

maknaedik 2011-10-06 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3795240)
Eh~ Then how about MG Exia Repair 2 and MG Astraea so the other leads from the 00 universe don't feel empty... :heh::heh::heh:

You should've waited for the next page for that :P

Exia_00 2011-10-06 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3795206)
I just love reading repeats of posts, sounds like a broken record or a parrot talking to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3795210)
how abt MG Saviour with a better wing binder than the 1/100?

another issue for MG Exia is the GN Drive. is very loose

I couldn't agree more, with the both of you.

Mg saviour definitley before a gaia and i believe a blast impulse before them at least.

Znozzy 2011-10-06 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3795251)
You should've waited for the next page for that :P

Zing!

@ milking out GN-X, yeah, it's pretty sad they didnt release the III and IV :/ they are both beautiful designs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3795260)
I couldn't agree more, with the both of you.

Mg saviour definitley before a gaia and i believe a blast impulse before them at least.

a MG Saviour would be nice, but the 1/100 NG is very good aswell, except for the wings as someone mentioned above

a MG Blast Impulse would be a wet dream though, i love that design


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.