AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Shinobi2013 2013-12-10 00:56

The Full Armor and Red Warrior are scratchbuilts while the Perfect Gundam's armor came from the 80s 1/144 kit(except the chest part).

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-11 00:53

Random question for anyone with large collection of gunpla

What is the most durable HG kit according to your opinion?

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-12-11 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4939718)

In my experience, most of them are pretty sturdy^^ HG 00 Gundam for example, and also the HGUC GP01's.

duotiga 2013-12-11 00:58

HGUC GP02 . Super sturdy kit

Shinobi2013 2013-12-11 02:05

Most of the older HGs are more sturdy than the newer ones IMO except The Build Strike which is also sturdy

Skye629 2013-12-11 04:17

Quote:

A HG filled with hardened putty and with metal joints?

Lol I kid

firefox 2013-12-11 05:24

Quote:

In my pretty large experience, the most durable models are:

1/100 HG seed/seed destiny/ 00 gundam
1/144 HG AGE

off all the kits i've build the best 1/144 Hg was the seed 1/144 HG mobile Ginn, super durable.

General rules:
- mass production suits are more durable then gundams
- the more complex a gundam (transformation, super gimmicks, etc) the less durable it gets.

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-11 05:42

Thanks guys

I take it Gundam usually spindlier because too many articulations

Flag and Enact are just special :p

(So it's GP02 and GINN, hmmm)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-12-11 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4939912)
Thanks guys

I take it Gundam usually spindlier because too many articulations

Flag and Enact are just special :p

(So it's GP02 and GINN, hmmm)

Regarding the GP02: One mine, the arms tend to fall off, and the holds have difficulties holding the beam sabers. Its been a while since I build mine, but it doesn't have many polycaps, if amy at all. The arms at least don't use them

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-11 10:02

Derpy derp :eyespin:

I always though how they can scrathbuilt parts so well, apparently you can get lots of parts that's near impossible to scratch from Wave.

I'd like to have those verniers, but no one sold them locally* :(

*at reasonable price, 3x cost is certainly NOT reasonable

Aurelis 2013-12-11 20:45

From my own experience with 1/144 kits and not moving them around much, I'll have to give the sturdiest award to HGUC Sazabi. The massive unit doesn't have fancy equipments and can hold its own weight well. The-O is a close second but it's antenna keeps falling off, so that's a minus point. Followed closely by Psyco Gundam.

The rest are comprised of 18m-class Gundams, like NT-1 Alex, AGE-1 Normal and Zabanya.

The most likely to topple when you cough is my Arche Gundam, Nu HWS and Ex-S.

The most common reason for the flimsy kits are ankles which are too flexible, small feet, big backpacks and top heavy designs.

My GP02 MLRS has weak fingers and will always likely drop the shield. Otherwise, it is definitely a sturdy kit.

Zero, have you tried ordering online? I'd imagine the light weigh means lesser shipping fees, especially if you purchase in bulk. Or you could buy those cheap pens with metal caps and modify them into verniers :heh:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-11 21:09

Those are sold online (but still within my country). Seriously, 9-10$ for each set are nothing but robbery, SHIPPING FEES NOT INCLUDED.

Even GGinfinite is more reasonable, but the shipping alone probably outstrip the entire purchase. I think I'll see if HLJ is even better.

Thanks for the reply

Providenceangle 2013-12-11 21:32

Anyone own the MG F91? I'm seriously thinking of buying it and modding it. I just wanna know what the general feel is of the build. Maybe how the plastic is? I read online reviews, but they never seem to mention the things I notice, when I build kits.

firefox 2013-12-12 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4940653)
Anyone own the MG F91? I'm seriously thinking of buying it and modding it. I just wanna know what the general feel is of the build. Maybe how the plastic is? I read online reviews, but they never seem to mention the things I notice, when I build kits.

I own and have build one.

upside: It's a great looking kit, really well posable, nice weapons options and comes with a base (only the white one).

Downside: small, so also small pieces. This results in alot of painting to do if you don't want to put on all the decals. It's base is quite unique but requires alot of paint.

Overall quite sturdy and good kit, but not for a novice.

Skye629 2013-12-12 04:37

http://www.hobbywave.com/modeling_su...er-gm302p.html

Anyone here know exactly what this is? Hobbywave just newly stocked them

Im assuming from the name that its sort of a wash pen (probably put tip into line and press to release paint)

duotiga 2013-12-12 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4940653)

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4940859)
I own and have build one.

upside: It's a great looking kit, really well posable, nice weapons options and comes with a base (only the white one).

Downside: small, so also small pieces. This results in alot of painting to do if you don't want to put on all the decals. It's base is quite unique but requires alot of paint.

Overall quite sturdy and good kit, but not for a novice.

I have also

+ve: great looking kit, tons of pose to do (as firefox mentioned), stable also

-ve: parts can be quite brittle (or snap) if do not snap properly esp VBSR railguns & the leg thighs(clip over 2 parts) , need to reinforce the weapons gripping .
painting needed for some parts

Providenceangle 2013-12-12 07:41

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Sadly I don't think I can get the white original one. If the white is brittle the blue one is going to be even worse....

It's a great looking kit! Looking at the HG just made me want the MG.

Edit: HLJ is listing for a Feb restock. The site I order from usually does a similar deal. I'll check them then. Worse case I'll get it from HLJ.... >.>

Sworra 2013-12-12 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4940985)
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Sadly I don't think I can get the white original one. If the white is brittle the blue one is going to be even worse....

It's a great looking kit! Looking at the HG just made me want the MG.

Edit: HLJ is listing for a Feb restock. The site I order from usually does a similar deal. I'll check them then. Worse case I'll get it from HLJ.... >.>

Gundam Planet has them in stock.. They are from New Jersey, so if your on the east coast shipping won't be that much..

http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-f-91-gundam-f91.html

Cheers! :)

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-12 20:45

Anyone have opinion on HG Talgeese III?

I've heard HGAC have.. umm, problems.

EDIT: nevermind, it's all white. :(

Providenceangle 2013-12-12 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 4941675)
Gundam Planet has them in stock.. They are from New Jersey, so if your on the east coast shipping won't be that much..

http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-f-91-gundam-f91.html

Cheers! :)

I appreciate the suggestion but, I'll stick with my preferred site. I've grown found of not paying duty on $300+ orders. I know I'll end up getting the Sazabi ver.ka and some other kits... Might as well just wait on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4941742)
Anyone have opinion on HG Talgeese III?

I've heard HGAC have.. umm, problems.

EDIT: nevermind, it's all white. :(

It's an ok kit. It needs a lot of work to look anime accurate... Would be nice to get a new HGAC of the Talgeese I! ;)