AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Tari Tari (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111054)

Flower 2012-06-11 20:32

Well, it still looks promising to me, and esp after the second pv thing above. Very nice. :)

Here's a hopin'!

Guardian Enzo 2012-06-11 22:06

Interesting trivia - Tari Tari is the only original (non-adapted, non-sequel) anime of the Summer season. Ironic, isn't it?

Kanon 2012-06-12 08:34

All the more reason to watch it. We need more original works and less light novel adaptations.

Archon_Wing 2012-06-12 15:14

Incredibly generic trailer (but less so than the first and original concept) with nice looking scenery which most likely are leftovers from Hana Saku Iroha. But then again, if they're gonna keep that kind of color, it should be something to look at. Passing for now, but tell me if it breaks the mold by a bit with good sound or characters or something.

Ravenblitz 2012-06-13 18:35

Spoiler for newtype scans:

Miraluka 2012-06-13 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 4205668)

The second one isn't Tari Tari .____.

Kattaro 2012-06-19 13:05

Well, I like Hanasaku Iroha so I going to watch this anime.
I don't know why but I like music in this CM and in previous PV.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Kimidori 2012-06-20 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kattaro (Post 4214616)
Well, I like Hanasaku Iroha so I going to watch this anime.
I don't know why but I like music in this CM and in previous PV.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

10:00. so this is not a late-night anime?

Pocari_Sweat 2012-06-20 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimidori (Post 4215454)
10:00. so this is not a late-night anime?

Hanasaku Iroha also aired around that time on a Sunday. I think it might be the same timeslot actually.

Tempester 2012-06-20 03:56

I don't know about the others here, but the main aspect of this anime that prevents me from getting hyped about it is the art style. It just looks dull and soulless, especially when compared to the striking art styles used for Canaan and Angel Beats. Of course, that doesn't say much about how good the anime will actually be.

The PVs are just PVs. It's possible that this anime will contain interesting dialogue or marvelously relaxing slice-of-life scenes, but neither of those have been captured properly by the trailers.

Pocari_Sweat 2012-06-22 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4215589)
I don't know about the others here, but the main aspect of this anime that prevents me from getting hyped about it is the art style. It just looks dull and soulless, especially when compared to the striking art styles used for Canaan and Angel Beats. Of course, that doesn't say much about how good the anime will actually be.

The PVs are just PVs. It's possible that this anime will contain interesting dialogue or marvelously relaxing slice-of-life scenes, but neither of those have been captured properly by the trailers.

You're not alone. I was heavily criticizing the character designs and they seem to have not gotten any better. Seriously looks like an economic version of Iroha designs. At least it's not as bad as Another though :p.

But as good as Canaan and Iroha designs were, nothing will beat True Tears character designs... :heh:

AbZeroNow 2012-06-24 13:33

Looks like it will have 13 episodes.

If Ultimatemegax or someone else can make sure that the 13 on Animax's page refers to episodes, I'd appreciate it.

Hoping that this is one of the simulcasts that Crunchyroll will announce at AX.

ultimatemegax 2012-06-24 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbZeroNow (Post 4222434)
Looks like it will have 13 episodes.

If Ultimatemegax or someone else can make sure that the 13 on Animax's page refers to episodes, I'd appreciate it.

Hoping that this is one of the simulcasts that Crunchyroll will announce at AX.

tvk announced earlier it would be 13 episodes. Guess I forgot to post it here for some reason. Animax's site does confirm Tari Tari will be "13 episodes (1 cour)."

Pocari_Sweat 2012-06-28 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatemegax (Post 4222482)
tvk announced earlier it would be 13 episodes. Guess I forgot to post it here for some reason. Animax's site does confirm Tari Tari will be "13 episodes (1 cour)."

Given its a SoL, I'm glad it's 13 episodes. One of the primary reasons why Hanasaku Iroha wasn't "top tier" last year was that it was too long for its own good, leading to some fillerish episodes. Granted they were superior filler episodes compared to your average "cute girls doing cute things" type of shows.

1 cour should remove a significant amount of filler potential.

Julio C 2012-06-28 12:34

Filler episodes are not generally a bad thing when done right. It helps with the character development and gets more background info on certain characters or events which helps build up a better storyline. I wish it was 26 episodes instead, not that I'm saying that 13 episodes is not enough to flesh out a complete story. It just becomes more challenging to pull it off successfully. I never thought Hanasaku Iroha would have filler episodes when it flow so nicely with the important episodes. I just never noticed that when I've seen other shows that make it obvious.

totoum 2012-06-28 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4228367)
Given its a SoL,1 cour should remove a significant amount of filler potential.

Does not compute.

The point of SoL is that it's made of filler,so the issue wasn't the filler itself,it was that (some) people didn't find it good.You can have a large number of episodes without it being an issue,there's plenty of very long SoL.

Reckoner 2012-06-28 22:49

Oh no no no no... HSI's time wasting on pointless shenanigans were legendary. The meaty characterization and drama, the good stuff, could've been condensed into 1 cour. In fact HSI could've been a great show if it was 1 cour with the stupid crap cut out.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-06-28 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4228824)
The point of SoL is that it's made of filler,

That's true for shows that are purely Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, but more dramatic SoL shows like HanaIro or Usagi Drop need to keep the plot moving forward and the characters developing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4229363)
Oh no no no no... HSI's time wasting on pointless shenanigans were legendary. The meaty characterization and drama, the good stuff, could've been condensed into 1 cour. In fact HSI could've been a great show if it was 1 cour with the stupid crap cut out.

I still think the show suffered more from the order of the episodes than their actual content. The whole thing with Enishi wasting money on the bogus film, for example, would've worked fine in the early episodes to flesh out his character, but since it came so late everyone was expecting it to be a big plot point to lead into the final arc of the show.

totoum 2012-06-29 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 4229363)
Oh no no no no... HSI's time wasting on pointless shenanigans were legendary. The meaty characterization and drama, the good stuff, could've been condensed into 1 cour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 4229414)
That's true for shows that are purely Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, but more dramatic SoL shows like HanaIro or Usagi Drop need to keep the plot moving forward and the characters developing.

This is the part where I say that if it actualy has stuff like a plot that needs moving forward and drama then it's not a SoL show,"SoL" is really not the first term that comes to mind when describing either HSI or Usagi Drop and Tari Tari looks a lot more like a drama to me than a SoL show.

Then there's maybe the part where you reply,this thread would then be hijacked by a "what is SoL" debate that's been had quite a few times before.

So since I don't want to go there,yes,I know not everyone uses the term the same way I do and there's nothing I can do about it,normally I don't say anything anymore but when I hear stuff like this: "Given its a SoL,1 cour should remove a significant amount of filler potential." I can't help myself.

So I'll just leave it at that but if you want to discuss the topic we'd be better off discussing in via private/visitor message rather than hijacking the thread.

fertygo 2012-06-29 05:40

These argument are weird, Bebop and Champloo should not became 2 cour show too then, geez...

HSI is just another episodic show with some little "arc" here and there, undestand it already.