AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Hataraku Maou-sama! (はたらく魔王さま!) [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119341)

Lantern 2013-05-04 11:21

Hataraku Maou-sama! (はたらく魔王さま!) [Light Novel]

http://i.imgur.com/blCdWD3.jpg

AKA: The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Romance

Synopsis:
Quote:

In a parallel universe, the Demon Lord Satan planned to conquer his native world. He was thwarted when a Hero from one of the villages he was attacking arose, taking the fight back to him. Satan vowed to return as he escaped with one of his minions, his general Alciel.

The pair were then warped into Shibuya, Japan. Broke and having to adjust to humanity, they began working and living. Satan — now Maou Sadao — works part-time at a fast-food joint and Alciel — Shiro Ashiya — is trying hard to find a way to regain their magic. Maou and his colleague, Chiho Sasaki, work as the cashiers at their workplace, and are greatly admired.

Maou's past is starting to catch up with him, however. The Hero who confronted Satan, Emilia Justina, has followed him to Earth and sought him out, but she may not be the greatest threat Maou will have to face in this new world...
Hataraku Maou-sama! is a Light Novel series written by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by Oniku. It has two separate manga adaptations and an anime which aired as part of the Spring 2013 Anime lineup.

As of creation this thread, there are 8 volumes of the LN and 15 chapters of the non-High School spin off adaptation of the manga released in Japan.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
A bit surprised that there isn't a LN thread for this already. Well here we have it!
I'm currently only up to Vol.6 (still reading) myself, and I must say things are getting really interesting.

In other news, BakaTsuki has already started translating Vol.1.

=====================

-Edit, July 2014-

- Updated LN cover illustrations up to Vol.11

NeutralZero 2013-05-04 11:25

Wow that's nice...

Miraluka 2013-05-04 11:27

Haha I didn't know there wasn't a thread for this series =_=;

ReaperxKingx 2013-05-04 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lantern (Post 4665420)
http://i.imgur.com/blCdWD3.jpg

AKA: The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Romance

Synopsis:

Hataraku Maou-sama! is a Light Novel series written by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by Oniku. It has two separate manga adaptations and an anime which aired as part of the Spring 2013 Anime lineup.

As of this thread, there are 8 volumes of the LN and 15 chapters of the non-High School spin off adaptation of the manga released in Japan.

A bit surprised that there isn't a LN thread for this already. Well here we have it!
I'm currently only up to Vol.6 (still reading) myself, and I must say things are getting really interesting.

In other news, BakaTsuki has already started translating Vol.1.

Interesting, it would be a great read.

Sixth 2013-05-04 12:00

Hmmmm...i am impressed that the light novel can be expanded to volume 8. So, is the story, comedy remain strong after volume 2?

ReaperxKingx 2013-05-04 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobita (Post 4665478)
Hmmmm...i am impressed that the light novel can be expanded to volume 8. So, is the story, comedy remain strong after volume 2?

It does, the Light Novel is on the teaser page. Two chapters are being translated right now, some changes is present in the anime, but still a great read. They have all the illustrations out on all volumes. Volume 3 is looking like my favorite to read.

By the way here is the social group http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=893

ReaperxKingx 2013-05-04 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4665786)
Someone made this from the OP.

Feel like something is missing, usually moments when you see two main characters of the opposite gender sleeping in the same bed and there seems to be a large empty space then there should be a baby. Should have edge them closer together.

RRW 2013-05-04 17:23

of course this hinting something :naughty:

thought we wont see it in anime

Seitsuki 2013-05-04 17:27

Repeating request.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4665069)
Any novel readers out there who're up to date with the latest vol.? How does Maou-Emi progress, and any specific vol/chapters?

NeutralZero 2013-05-04 17:31

So who are the additional characters presented in the volume covers aside from maou and the rest that already made an apperance in the anime?

ReaperxKingx 2013-05-04 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4665810)
Repeating request.

Most likely not the answer to your question, though their roles and relationship most likely got closer.
Spoiler for Somewhat of an answer:

NeutralZero 2013-05-04 17:36

aaaaw kinda like a happy family... but who's the child?
their future child sent from the future? :) like in sailor moon...

ReaperxKingx 2013-05-04 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 4665823)
aaaaw kinda like a happy family... but who's the child?

Well her hair is purple, that should be enough of a hint.

Seitsuki 2013-05-04 17:44

I don't really consider (Alice?) to count because.. well, there wasn't really any kind of 'intent' behind her. Er, if you know what I mean. /cough

blackwhite67 2013-05-04 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4665810)
Any novel readers out there who're up to date with the latest vol.? How does Maou-Emi progress, and any specific vol/chapters?

All the spoilers from baka-tsuki forums:

Spoiler for Credits to ShadowZeroHeart::

Mizuno 2013-05-04 17:46

Spoiler for little girl:

ReaperxKingx 2013-05-04 17:48

Can't believe no one fell for my joke........I was expecting everyone saying Miki-T.

blackwhite67 2013-05-04 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx (Post 4665844)
Can't believe no one fell for my joke........I was expecting everyone saying Miki-T.

I can't believe I didn't see that!

Oh yeah,
Spoiler for Miki-T:

Seitsuki 2013-05-04 17:52

Her name is spelt weird tho. Not how 'Alice' normally is. Well, they were probably going for something close enough.

Nothing specific? Cmon guys :c

Lantern 2013-05-04 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 4665840)
Spoiler for little girl:

Her name in English, according to one of the novel illustrations, is Alas=Ramus