AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Attack on Titan (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Attack on Titan - Game Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120578)

articuzwolf 2013-07-09 14:33

Quote:

The Attack on Titan anime series is getting a videogame next year, series producer George Wada revealed at Anime Expo.

Anime News Network reported the announcement and add that that the Attack on Titan game was originally teased via Twitter back in May. No further details have been announced about the game.

Attack on Titan takes place in a world where remnants of the human population within cities surrounded by walls, following the appearance of the gigantic titans, who devour human beings.

source

now we got "the actual" game, not "visual novel" or "Browser Game" or some MMO modification crap

hope it will be Next Gen console game (or at least current gen console) not handheld game

and yes I realised I put my hopes too high for this

Jun pls 2013-07-09 14:55

Y-you mean I MIGHT actually get my long-awaited (and often in threads mentioned) rpg?!
I seriously would be so happy.
This is all just personal opinion now so if someone doesn't agree with me that's fine.
But I hope we're not going to be Eren or some other character from the anime but a character you can make yourself (like in God Eater Burst, Tales of the World, I'm sure you know what I mean). But of course, the others can be there! But just not as the player's character, you know?
I would honestly love it if you would need to do all those training things in one way or another and depending on how good you are you get a rank. So it's not like "You're the MC so you're in the top 10" but that it can happen you're 14th or something and that you could actually choose where to be (stationary guards, military police, yadda yadda).
But I guess I'm hoping for too much :heh:

Also. I'm all for PS4 since I'm already planning on getting it one day (probably towards end of next year though :heh: ) though I wouldn't mind PS3 either.
And yes I'm only mentioning Sony and not Microsoft with its xbox because that wouldn't involve me. But I guess if it's coming for either PS3 or 4 it'll be for xbox as well.
I wouldn't mind PSVita either, though. I seriously need more nice games for it. I can't continue playing Persona 4 golden all day, can I :heh:

Edit: Inb4 vs. fighter game :heh:

Uchiha Kesuke 2013-07-09 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jun pls (Post 4753376)
Y-you mean I MIGHT actually get my long-awaited (and often in threads mentioned) rpg?!
I seriously would be so happy.
This is all just personal opinion now so if someone doesn't agree with me that's fine.
But I hope we're not going to be Eren or some other character from the anime but a character you can make yourself (like in God Eater Burst, Tales of the World, I'm sure you know what I mean). But of course, the others can be there! But just not as the player's character, you know?
I would honestly love it if you would need to do all those training things in one way or another and depending on how good you are you get a rank. So it's not like "You're the MC so you're in the top 10" but that it can happen you're 14th or something and that you could actually choose where to be (stationary guards, military police, yadda yadda).
But I guess I'm hoping for too much :heh:

Also. I'm all for PS4 since I'm already planning on getting it one day (probably towards end of next year though :heh: ) though I wouldn't mind PS3 either.
And yes I'm only mentioning Sony and not Microsoft with its xbox because that wouldn't involve me. But I guess if it's coming for either PS3 or 4 it'll be for xbox as well.
I wouldn't mind PSVita either, though. I seriously need more nice games for it. I can't continue playing Persona 4 golden all day, can I :heh:

Edit: Inb4 vs. fighter game :heh:

I rather see this game turned into a some kind of open world hack and slash rpg, where you can take loot from dead titans , and where you are able to pick your own squad members to scout the area .. I'm not really into hack and slash but that would be epic ..

MrTerrorist 2013-07-10 01:55

Looks like there's a browser-based fan game where you try fighting Titans in 3D.

kenjiharima 2013-07-10 03:28

^
Ugh! Controls need improvement.

Jun pls 2013-07-10 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke (Post 4753632)
I rather see this game turned into a some kind of open world hack and slash rpg, where you can take loot from dead titans , and where you are able to pick your own squad members to scout the area .. I'm not really into hack and slash but that would be epic ..

Well, we could easily fuse your idea with mine ;)
You know, we need to do the training first and stuff like that and then we get out to kill the titans in the best hack and slash mania.

I'm not really that much of a hack and slash fan myself, though it depends on how the game's done.
(for example: I like God Eater Burst but I don't like Soul Sacrifice that much)

And about that online game someone did. I tried playing it some days ago but the controls are horrible so I gave up :heh:

GreyZone 2013-07-10 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 4753931)
^
Ugh! Controls need improvement.

You can hold down Q and E to get some good acrobatic moves in. But beware of titans being bugged up onto "buildings". Also make sure you play it in fullscreen else you will die quite easily

articuzwolf 2013-07-10 08:32

Imagine if it is developed by SCE Santa Monica (God of War)

Imagine replacing Kratos vs Chronos battles with Eren (with 3DMG) vs Colossus Titan

Dammit make it happen Sony! Make this one of your (lack of) exclusive PS4 games and I shall buy one at day one.

realistically speaking, this will probably become handheld game (3DS/PSV) game

GreyZone 2013-07-10 09:00

I think Star Wars Force Unleashed 1&2 would be a good comparison as well.

Gundamx 2013-07-14 12:04

most anime game = cheap developer

though it will be not bad if they at-least used Dynasty warrior engine
(same one as gundam Dynasty Warrior, one piece, bleach...etc

supermegasonic 2013-07-21 02:22

if there can be a titan game with the style of assassin creed but faster paced action like DMC, that would be sweet.

Om Nerabdator 2013-07-28 13:09

itll just be a hack and slash game on the psp like all other anime adaptations....

With anime games they should all be rpg with a custom character, theres no better settings in my books

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-07-28 15:01

How can a Attack on Titan-Game be a Hack and Slash? No offense to anyone, but for me the idea doesnt make sense, considering the scenario. I can see a hybrid of Shadow of the Colossus and Assasins Creed, but no Hack and Slash. The enemies are just too big for that kinda game. Plus considering what we know about their weak points...

Uchiha Kesuke 2013-07-30 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4773869)
How can a Attack on Titan-Game be a Hack and Slash? No offense to anyone, but for me the idea doesnt make sense, considering the scenario. I can see a hybrid of Shadow of the Colossus and Assasins Creed, but no Hack and Slash. The enemies are just too big for that kinda game. Plus considering what we know about their weak points...

Well honestly if you look up to the games Prototype and God of war then you will see that it would be quite nice if Attack on titan would make a game something like that .

But really , If it isnt going to be a hack and slash game , what else should they do ?

If it turns out to be that anyone could turn in a titan, (i'm not sure that's going to happen) they probably will turn it in a fight game like the naruto series did .. that would be lame

GreyZone 2013-07-30 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4773869)

How about Just Cause 2, just with melee weapons? Or SW: Force Unleashed... It IS possible!

Sasukeuzi 2013-07-31 13:56

Anyone try playing Armin? So uselessssssssss!!!! Only thing he can do is make Titans laugh, which is useful for like 3 seconds >_>
I just can't play that good with him, like with Mikasa and Levi

kenjiharima 2013-08-04 02:05

Markiplier played the game!

He did good in the end till her got eaten
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

articuzwolf 2013-08-05 06:02

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/05...-browser-game/

darn, what a massive letdown

MrTerrorist 2013-08-05 06:55

^How i feel.:

GreyZone 2013-08-05 17:51

a "The recon corps adventures before Eren and the 104th traineesquad joined"-game would have been much more preferred than a browser game...

MrTerrorist 2013-08-06 09:52

Attack on Titan Gets 3DS Game from Spike Chunsoft in 2013

Could this be it? A proper 3D AOT game?

articuzwolf 2013-08-06 09:53

That is miles better than just a 'browser' game!

though 3DS region lock decrease the hype by significant amount

Jun pls 2013-08-06 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by articuzwolf (Post 4784046)
That is miles better than just a 'browser' game!

though 3DS region lock decrease the hype by significant amount

This region lock, is that only with 3ds games?
I ask because I can play my NA DS game on my 3ds so I'm wondering.

LuxorMG 2013-08-06 19:21

Well, time to get a 3DS and sell my old DS.

GreyZone 2013-08-06 19:33

I am still waiting for a proper PC exclusive AAA game in the Shingeki no Kyojin universe :heh:

MrTerrorist 2013-09-20 06:07

Looks like that AOT game using Unity has multiplayer.

MrTerrorist 2013-09-30 09:21

Beautiful.

moncikoma 2013-09-30 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 4851815)
Beautiful.

omg... its amazing...

where can i download the game!!??

chaos_alfa 2013-09-30 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by moncikoma (Post 4852062)
omg... its amazing...

where can i download the game!!??

I think this is just a map made in Minecraft.

L33TF0X 2013-10-01 15:45

Here it is;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnUom...ature=youtu.be

You can play as Eren, Mikasa or Armin in 3 story modes, or create your own character, the game will use parts of the anime for the cutscenes and it will release on the 5th of December, 2013.

Gemstone83 2013-10-05 23:08

Much as I love the series I'm thinking that this is just a little insane considering the series is ongoing and could change in many directions. I mean, how would it end? The end would be just the start of another chapter and not really an end at all..I think this was a bad idea..sorry but I do.

I just wish the 3DS would hurry up with Rune Factory 4 for 3DS instead though so that's my issue.. :-D

Freeter 2013-10-09 18:19

Started playing the browser game a few days ago. It's really good, especially with the recent updates (forest map is insane). Wish it had gamepad support though, since the keyboard is cramping my hand.

3DS game looks nice, but that region lock is a serious buzzkill. Hopefully NIS or another publisher will see the demand and bring it over.

Sauzer 2013-10-10 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 4838230)
Looks like that AOT game using Unity has multiplayer.

huh?

THIS LOOKS FANTASTIC! Exactly what I would want from a "titans" game.

blakstealth 2013-10-11 08:46

freddiew and CorridorDigital guys from YouTube play the browser game. too funny

MrTerrorist 2013-10-11 11:36

Jean almost made it!

blakstealth 2013-10-11 18:55

hahaha yeah. he almost saved all of Trost!

Freeter 2013-10-12 22:05

This browser game is way too damn good. Can't stop playing it.

I've been experimenting with a very risky technique for taking down titans. You'll need the camera mode that lets you move the cursor freely around the screen to do this. Note: this only works on walking titans, not abnormals.

Attract a titan and approach them directly until they stop walking. Aim the cursor towards the Adam's Apple of the neck (or for the really big ones, as close as you can get) and shoot out a single hook, then fly right at the titan while holding down the key. If done correctly, the titan will do the hammer punch to the ground but you'll fly over it, and on the rebound you can execute a blind slash and hit the nape for a quick kill.

This move is really risky and involves some luck as you cannot see where you're slashing, but if getting around the titan isn't an option then this might work for you. Unless you're playing on Abnormal, in which case you're screwed :p

Raviel 2013-10-13 05:24

But........but why would you fly directly in front of the Titan when they a can also bite, grab, smash their own faces, and do that 3 hit combo that can kill you mid-air? Experience has taught me never to risk staying anywhere in front of a Titan for too long as you have absolutely no idea what attack they'll throw out.

More importantly, wouldn't it be safer to just hook on their shoulder and use the gas to get on their back?

Freeter 2013-10-13 08:30

The bite or face smash only happens if you linger near their head. The grab happens if you're at their side or behind them. This method is essentially a game of chicken. You need to be ballsy enough to stand toe to toe with the titan (basically, be batshit crazy like Eren, since he's not in the game :heh:).

As for the three hit combo, that's the main thing you have to watch out for. If the titan goes for a swipe, do a dodge instead since the combo will interrupt the momentum of the swing, which is what you need to successfully get above the hammer punch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raviel
More importantly, wouldn't it be safer to just hook on their shoulder and use the gas to get on their back?

Yes, but there's also a risk of the titan turning and hindering your approach, not to mention it hitting itself on the back as you try to reach the nape. Plus, if you suddenly run out of gas then that would really put you in a bind.

MrTerrorist 2013-11-04 12:27

Civilization V's Attack on Titan Mod Adds Giant Walls To Your City