AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kannagi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kannagi - Episode 14 (DVD-Exclusive) Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82048)

monir 2009-05-27 17:40

Kannagi - Episode 14 (DVD-Exclusive) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 14 (DVD-Exclusive).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

serenade_beta 2009-05-27 22:16

Decently fun episode. There were a few parts that were somewhat dull (the part with the play was so bizarre, it wasn't funny...) and in some parts of the episode, I could swear the characters looked odd (like the shoulders), but it was overall pretty funny. Especially the drama to get to the video store. :heh:
And the ED art was, fittingly for the last episode (for now?), by the manga-ka.

OP/ED are rather nostalgic...

Toonleap 2009-05-27 22:33

Here are some screenshots and some gags for the episode...

Spoiler for screenshots and some comments:

I felt the episode was O.K. No big deal or any great advance in the plot. It was some sort of "filler"...However, it was great to see them again...especially the three girls, Nagi, Zange and Tsugumi...:) ...Nice comedy on some parts as well.

Peanutbutter 2009-05-29 19:48

Spoiler:

puretsundere 2009-05-31 12:30

Spoiler for Episode 14:

Shiroi Hane 2009-05-31 17:39

Gah! I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive :(

typhonsentra 2009-05-31 18:54

Random observation: In the scene where Zange's supposed to be laughing manically as Aphrodina she instead makes a pig squeal.

Guardian Enzo 2009-05-31 20:32

A solid Kannagi episode that (other than animation quality) could have easily passed for one of the regular S1 eps. Some big laughs, a few duds, but generally very enjoyable. One of the great things about Kannagi is that there's nothing throwaway - all of the characters, even the minor ones, are funnier and quirkier than they need to be, and visually everything happens for a reason.

If any show ever cried out for a second season, this is it - it was popular and profitable and there's still huge gold to be mined with the premise.

Tom Bombadil 2009-06-01 01:06

I was laughing so hard in the second half because
Spoiler for the movie:

Either the show is really messing with our heads or I have gone crazy already.

As point out by others, the art quality is not that good. But it is good to see the return of Zange-chan.

Westlo 2009-06-01 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 2428320)
If any show ever cried out for a second season, this is it - it was popular and profitable and there's still huge gold to be mined with the premise.

If the current manga arc had been wrapped up before the mangaka's illness I'm sure a second series would've been green lit by now since it was successful. Not as successful as other A-1 Picture Titles like Black Butler and that Baseball one but still very successful.

The second half of the manga address if not answers most of the stuff people were wondering about and it's still got quite a lot of fun moments throughout. Poor Akiba lol...

jagass 2009-06-01 03:02

It's nice...

Emerald Emblem 2009-06-01 05:26

Yeah, the second part of the episode was much better than the movie they tried making. Poor Daisetsu and Akiba though I couldn't help loling at it.

Silaqui 2009-06-04 04:12

Part 2. Decided. :)

Justin Kim 2009-06-04 16:58

I love Zange-chan lmfao. Such a random appearance in the beginning.

General_Asakura 2009-06-06 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silaqui (Post 2434455)
Part 2. Decided. :)

was it anyone else than me that felt it was an hint for season 2?

...probably not:heh:

Justin Kim 2009-06-06 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by General_Asakura (Post 2438360)
was it anyone else than me that felt it was an hint for season 2?

...probably not:heh:

Dunno if a season 2 is going to come up. Not enough Manga context I would say in my opinion. But I thought the ending rather hinted a part 2 to the DVD released exclusive episode. Maybe somewhere around the near future. But then again this is minor speculation.

Vexx 2009-06-08 12:25

They probably established the fan *desire* for a second season with this ... but yeah, the manga writer needs to recover and get back on her feet.

I'm assuming this was kind of a riff-homage to ep 1 "student film" of SHnY (where the film oddly parallels reality) and anime-original?????

Guardian Enzo 2009-06-08 13:06

This is actually one instance where the anime established itself as quite capable of producing very solid original material, so I wouldn't mind if they went ahead even without a full 13 eps of source material at the ready.

Daniel E. 2009-06-09 02:05

Very good episode on the whole! :)

When the whole deal of the movie started, my first reaction was: "Please make an intro song for it and have Takako sing it" :D :D

Maybe when part 2 arrives. :p

prnoct90 2009-06-10 12:52

What chapters of the manga did this adapt?