AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Youjo Senki (幼女戦記) [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=138794)

Ghoststaker 2015-10-05 05:35

Youjo Senki (幼女戦記) [Light Novel]

Title: Youjo Senki (幼女戦記)
Author: Carlo Zen
Illustrator: Shinobu Shinotsuki
Volumes: 3 Volumes published (Japanese) / 1 Volumes published (Chinese)
Publisher: Enterbrain (Japanese) / Kadokawa (Chinese)

*mod edit* Licensed

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Since Kadokawa has been so kind as to release the Chinese version of this, I can actually understand it!
So far reading through the prologue and am wondering if there are any current translations groups doing this? If not, I will proceed to start on a casual translation project for this.

Nomalman 2015-10-05 06:26

Nope, there are no group translate it, because i look into internet every week for "possibility" that some group will translate it.
Ps. already buy Volume 1 - 3 for collection only... ...Because my knowledge of Kanji = 0

TheCatWalk 2015-10-05 09:40

wow, just...wow..........
elite salaryman loli doomstay machine war-weapon...
SOMEONE ADD A TAG!!

Breimn 2015-10-05 10:11

There is a 30 minutes , maybe more, drama cd on youtube for those interested. The scientist seems like an interesting guy.
ps , can you post illustrations only ? I miss vol 2 3illustrations.

Zefyris 2015-10-05 14:26

I've read up to volume 4 (volume 5 will be released in december afaik) and this is a very entertaining LN.
The main character is very interesting to follow, and this is by far the most impressive "military" work set in a fantasy setting I ever read. The amount of details, the heavy attention brought to things like the problems surrounding the supplying of the army on various things and so on, is very well done. The strategies are both really "realistic" (as most are direct applications of strategies that were really employed on famous battles especially during the 20th century various wars), adapted, bold and very exiting to follow.

But for anyone who think of anything like reincarnating into a loli = ecchi scenes, just go away this isn't for your,t he MC is annoyed to be a young girl. As an alpha male both proud to be a tall and male (as well as superior in inteligence and mostly everything compared to his surrounding), being short and female with a high pitched voice is infuriating.

For the drama cd, I listened to it before, it's various scenes from the first volume essentially.

Breimn 2015-10-05 14:39

So , how much should i pray for someone to pick this up?
Already spammed this a lot on 4chan these few months .

Zefyris 2015-10-05 15:36

A lot probably? ImO that's one of the hardest to read lN I've encountered..

Ghoststaker 2015-10-05 22:52

Prologue is about 70% translated and 10% edited... From CHN -> ENG
No promises but it will get done sometime...
After its done, shall attempt to find a host... Google Docs not a real great place to advertise (Tried it before..)

Warning though.. The Prologue is pretty much back story (How he got there and stuff) so don't expect too much military.

obnuchious 2015-10-06 01:49

are you the one translating?

since it's from chn -> eng, why not try asking Sky from Skythewood to host it?

Ferrilux 2015-10-06 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoststaker (Post 5670295)
Prologue is about 70% translated and 10% edited... From CHN -> ENG
No promises but it will get done sometime...
After its done, shall attempt to find a host... Google Docs not a real great place to advertise (Tried it before..)

Warning though.. The Prologue is pretty much back story (How he got there and stuff) so don't expect too much military.

Isn't baka-tsuki the easiest place? I thought anyone start a project there.

The synopsis mentions magic, but how prevalent is it in the story, and does the MC have any special powers besides strategy and being a loli?

Ghoststaker 2015-10-06 08:11

Doing this with one other guy..
Stopped really translating cause its really time consuming... So going to go casual with this one.
Also, Baka-tsuki has its own rule set, so I rather host on a site, shall ask around once we're done..

watisit 2015-10-07 11:30

I remember reading another book and seeing that face as an ad at the back. Scared me.

Zefyris 2015-10-08 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by watisit (Post 5671608)
I remember reading another book and seeing that face as an ad at the back. Scared me.

I like the art, it's original, well drawn and very fitting for this LN's atmosphere ImO, they choose very well.

SifaV6 2015-10-11 09:18

Ah, it's Ghoststaker, one of the missing senpais that used to translate overlord. On the overlord google docs you're still listed as "missing ever since he moved to USA" xD

Namorax 2015-10-11 11:50

Ghooooooooooooooooooooost!!
.·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

skythewood 2015-10-11 11:56

Staaaaaaaaaakkkkeeeeeeeer!!
\_('▂')_/

SifaV6 2015-10-13 02:45

I had a quick read of vol 1. This is definitely one of the more difficult novels to translate. It will be very hard to turn it into decently worded English sentences while maintaining the same feel as the original novel. Now I am curious as to how the prologue will turn out when translated into English.

NWJY 2015-10-13 07:11

wht is this story all about???

Breimn 2015-10-13 11:57

About a salaryman reincarnated into an orphan loli and being forced to work in military so he can survive and rise in position in the militaristic society.

Ghoststaker 2015-10-13 13:54

Lol... Glad you all still remember me xD
And yea it is quite a terror to translate... Doing tons of editing as well...
Hopefully sky is willing to host it on his site.... *sparkly eyes*

*cough* Well... Once we're done editing here I'll ask you officially xD