AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93274)

Pellissier 2010-04-23 09:51

Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Ice Block 2010-04-23 13:45

Spoiler for Ep04:

Wrath88 2010-04-23 14:03

Nice headlock there. And yep, good to see that my prediction of the game they are going to play is right on. (I doubt anyone who's been watching school setting anime would have missed it)

momobunny 2010-04-23 16:48

I like the new OP sequence, but I like the old version of the song.

And when are Sekine and Irie gonna get some screen time? I don't think I've heard either of them speak at all yet. >__>;

Roardel 2010-04-23 17:19

Spoiler for episode 4:

serenade_beta 2010-04-23 17:54

...Hmm~... Well, that was annoying. Figures that Yui would butt in and everything, but it is irritating when it actually happens...
Anyways, a rather hollow episode. Very bad mixture of comedy and serious. The comedy was as cold as ever, and the comedy made most of the serious scenes wasted. It would have just been "bad", but because a lot of the episode was comedy (compared to the previous episodes, lot less story and seriousness), it just felt like watching a really senseless and dull comedy anime, thus "hollow". The very last scene actually felt good... until Yui butted in, ha-ha-ha-ha-...

The change to the OP (one-episode only, probably) was nice, though just like the previous episode, the seiyuu for the actual character doesn't sing....... ( -_-)

Go, TK, Go!

PS: In some scenes, Yurippe looks so cute... In some scenes, she suddenly turns ugly... The cute again...
Oi, stabilize yourself, animator. At least draw as pretty as the characters are drawn in the magazine scans and posters.

Xellos-_^ 2010-04-23 17:56

kinda early but i am beginning just how serious is Yui custom design.

Hypernova 2010-04-23 20:13

LOL Shina's locked herself in that room with the broom for how long?

Like Yui's rock version of the OP.

Kudryavka 2010-04-23 20:25

I wonder how a Day Game will push the plot along... Sounds interesting nonetheless. Now printing fansubs.

karuroso 2010-04-23 21:43

One question not much ralated...which raws are you guys using? because here i tried 2 different ones and the timing is totaly off , i changed cccp to k-lite and i'm still with the problem,and i tried another mp4 that i have here and all of them are ok D=

edit: resolved

Leo_Otaku 2010-04-24 00:06

LOL I loved the Saya laugh that had to pass for a 9 seriously that alone! I'm still confused as to why these antics of guilds and baseball games are happening. I did like the other OP version.

Crontica 2010-04-24 00:16

LOL at new OP & ED. Pretty surprised as there is always a buffer of 13 ~ 26 eps before it changes.

Spoiler:

Dart 2010-04-24 00:23

Lol'd hard at the new OP. It's good.. in a different way than the original.

dark998 2010-04-24 00:27

Pretty good new OP. Never heard the singer before but she has a nice voice, looking forward to the new Girls Dead Monster songs.

And about the episode, first one that's mostly comedy driven from start to finish, with the exception of Hinata's flashbacks. But it was entertaining, with the first half gathering members and the matches in the 2nd. And as expected, Tenshi didn't attack them (she is still cold as ice, though)

And nice timing of Yui, canceling that awakening/reincarnation/whatever in the last second.:heh:

Crontica 2010-04-24 00:34

Considering this is Key, the moment Otanashi questioned Hinata's current quantum stability i was already muttering Oh shit he's dead.

germanturkey 2010-04-24 00:56

new singer is good too. she's singing in the female rocker voice, rather than the idol voice. now that key's established what makes people disappear, i fully expect them to screw with us and have situations like those and leave us guessing until the end if they'll disappear or not.

also, for next ep: Iwasawa's last song? ooh.

MeoTwister5 2010-04-24 00:59

Mazui subs are out.

Archon_Wing 2010-04-24 01:07

Hah, what a wtf episode. :p
Spoiler:

Overall, I thought it was good, though still very wtf. 7/10 Nice outfit on Angel, as well.

DragoonKain3 2010-04-24 01:23

I actually liked this episode the most out of all so far. For one, I've always loved baseball stories, even if its just for an episode. Two, the humour is more in line with my own. I was laughing out loud at some parts. And three, it was just plain entertaining, from broom girl to halberd guy's rivalry to the whole Hinata/Yui duo.

But for crying out loud, it's a 'called game', not 'cold game'!!!!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest, me being an Adachi fanatic and all (or even baseball stories in general)... XD

xBTAx 2010-04-24 01:29

So, my thoughts as I watched:

10 minutes in: Hinata's going to disappear. It's obvious due to the flashback and how Iwasawa disappeared.

20 minutes in: Wait, Otonashi's pointing that out? That was unexpected.

22 minutes in: Completely unexpected but absolutely wonderful.

And am I the only one who didn't like the rock version of the OP so much? Maybe it's because I really like the regular OP, but this one didn't seem as good to me.