AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Of Astral and Umbral (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=140735)

Luciferia 2016-01-22 03:25

Of Astral and Umbral

http://i.imgur.com/Qff72Qt.png
[Cover Subject to Change]
[Author Site] | [RoyalRoadL] | [Wattpad] | [QuoteV]

Maturity: 18+ for Strong Language, Violence, Gore, and Sexual Scenes.

Genre(s): Dark Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Action, Drama, Mature.

Synopsis: As a child, Arianna was heiress to the Devillian throne until one day the Elder Gods tore her away from her loved ones. Believing that Arianna had perished, her childhood friend Nalithor Vraelimir vowed that he would find a way to avenge her death. However, unbeknownst to the people of the Vorpmasian Empire, their princess was not dead.

Death would have been too easy for Arianna. The Elders had other things in store for someone that had angered them as she had.

Two hundred years later, in a world ruled by gods and plagued by monstrosities known as Chaos Beasts, the Vorpmasian Empire has allied with the fledgling Beshulthien Empire. Their desire is to protect the whole of their world, Avrirsa, from the Exiled Gods and their monstrous pets.

Nalithor, now an adult Incubus, has been given a heavy burden by the Elders he hates. He must now fulfill the role of God of Balance by maintaining the greater good and getting the Middle and Upper Gods under control. The Middle and Upper Gods, growing complacent in their duties, began seeking out mortal playthings instead of attending their Elders–given duties.

Will the Empires be able to maintain their shaky alliance? Will Nalithor be able to bring the deities under control? Or will the reemergence of a forgotten nation and a familiar face turn everything on its head?

Table of Contents

wuhugm 2016-01-22 03:30

Tell me about the protagonist... who is she? is she super beautiful?

Luciferia 2016-01-22 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuhugm (Post 5761058)
Tell me about the protagonist... who is she? is she super beautiful?

I would say she's attractive, yes. This is the protagonist (in the mask) and her twin brother.

"Who" she is is eluded to in the prologue. I don't exactly want to spoil that here.

ClearMadness 2016-01-24 11:59

Looks interesting. ;)

Luciferia 2016-01-25 03:52

Chapter 10: The Oracles' Evaluation is now available!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClearMadness (Post 5763036)
Looks interesting. ;)

Thanks. ;)

Luciferia 2016-01-29 02:53

Chapter 11: Realization just released!

ClearMadness 2016-02-01 16:32

Thanks for the chapter!

Yoburi 2016-02-02 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciferia (Post 5761070)
I would say she's attractive, yes. This is the protagonist (in the mask) and her twin brother.

"Who" she is is eluded to in the prologue. I don't exactly want to spoil that here.

Dude she looks butt-ugly and her brother isn't any better.

Luciferia 2016-02-02 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoburi (Post 5769449)

That's alright, everyone has different opinions. :D

wuhugm 2016-02-02 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoburi (Post 5769449)

It's just the art style, not moe type, older shoujo manga has this kind of style

Luciferia 2016-02-03 04:52

Chapter 13: Coming to Terms is up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuhugm (Post 5769475)
It's just the art style, not moe type, older shoujo manga has this kind of style

My art style is definitely influenced heavily by older shoujo manga. Which is a little strange since I preferred reading shonen for the most part.

Cosmic Eagle 2016-02-03 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciferia (Post 5769458)
That's alright, everyone has different opinions. :D

Considering whose opinion it is I think you shouldn't even pay any attention

Luciferia 2016-02-03 23:26

New release - Chapter 14: A Gesture of Trust

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 5770376)
Considering whose opinion it is I think you shouldn't even pay any attention

Hmm, I see. Thanks for the advice. I'm not that familiar with users on this board yet.

I take comments like that with a grain (or pound) of salt. I know my work isn't for everyone - whether it's my art or my writing.

Constructive criticism is another matter entirely of course.

Luciferia 2016-02-07 23:45

New release - Chapter 15: Not So Fragile

Luciferia 2016-02-08 21:09

Update - Chapter 16: Revealing the Past

Luciferia 2016-02-14 01:06

Update - Chapter 17: Unmasked.

Luciferia 2016-02-17 22:30

Update - Chapter 18: Damsel in Distress.

Luciferia 2016-02-20 03:09

Update - Chapter 19: The Ceilail Forest

coded321 2016-02-20 03:21

what i want to know is, what make this series special or original? what separates it from other fantasy series?

Luciferia 2016-02-20 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by coded321 (Post 5783159)
what i want to know is, what make this series special or original? what separates it from other fantasy series?

As the author, I'm probably biased about that but I guess I'll try to answer anyway. Nothing is ever truly original but I do think my story is at least different. lol

To start off with, Of Astral and Umbral is a Dark Fantasy/Romance that follows gods/demigods instead of mortals. Aside from the prologue, everything is written in first person.

I elaborate on usual tropes by expressing the experience, actions, and perspective of deities by making them physical beings instead of intangible ones. I try to tackle what a world would be like if deities didn't just sit up on some cloud banging their slaves (or each other) all day.

TL;DR Version - I try to take an approach to deities and demigod/esses that I haven't seen done before.