AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Hataraku Maou-sama! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115294)

MisaoFan 2013-04-04 09:38

Spoiler for Episode 1:

kuromitsu 2013-04-04 12:08

Spoiler for ep 1:

Verdict: Oosaka is awesome but I'm not sold on this show yet, let's wait for ep 2...

serenade_beta 2013-04-04 16:31

Spoiler for ep1:

LKK 2013-04-04 17:21

Funimation has licensed the show for streaming under the English title, "The Devil is a Part-Timer!". Streaming will begin Friday, April 5, at 1:30 pm ET. [Source]

Midonin 2013-04-04 17:23

That makes things a lot easier on my end. I can wait a day to see new episodes.

Excorsism 2013-04-04 20:57

Oh boy, the first half was pretty interesting. Makes me wonder if there will be any actual fights later on. This show is really fun!

Really loved the estate scene, lol.

Cold~as~Ice 2013-04-04 21:07

the character designs and animation look different from the pv's

Kakkou 2013-04-04 21:54

That was fun! I really liked it :D. If they keep this up it'll stand a good chance of being my favourite this season. The animation for the first half was pretty good, probably the most well animated White Fox episode to date. The rest of the episode maintained a good amount of energy within the character's movements/expressions which I hope isn't a one episode fluke. I'm quite surprised that they chose to redo everything from the long PV, but if the staff are willing to put such effort then it's a good sign.

It also goes without saying that Ohsaka was great too. I really like Maou's design for some reason.

GundamZZ 2013-04-04 22:07

The first episode is much better than I expected. I thought the story atmosphere would be like Toradora, but the feeling is Chuunibyou. It's also funny when Maou Satan and his general plots world conquest plans(find a job). The background music sounds creepy.

ars89 2013-04-04 22:11

This was full of more laughs that i thought it would be. Like how Maou totally blended into society.

DorkingtonPugsly 2013-04-04 22:18

I loved this. I was excited for it after the pv, it's great. I laughed a lot too which doesn't seem to happen much nowadays when I watch anime (even comedy stuff). I just like the general atmosphere of the show, it's nice.
And I hope we get more chiho she's so cute!

Entravity 2013-04-04 22:48

Very entertaining, will be keeping up with this and seeing how everything develops.

frubam 2013-04-04 22:50

The opening battle was much more impressive than I expected to be, esp since I didn't expect it at all(I knew nothing about the series, save for a demon king being warped to Earth); both for the music and for the choreography. That beginning was better than anything Maoyuu had to offer in terms of fighting.

Maou and Alsiel reminded me of that manga Shina Dark for a number of reasons(anyone familiar with the manga should know what they are =03).

The way Maou and Alsiel integrated into society was a ton of fun to watch =03. Their 'reformed' selves are pretty fun too, though not as fun as their 'demon' selves[on Earth]. I was kinda surprised the hero was a girl. Even though this first ep entertained me much more than I thought it was, I'm not so sure the premise of him working at a McDs will consistently keep me entertained, unless that's not mostly all there is to it.

creb 2013-04-04 22:57

Boy, this wasn't even on my radar. Looks like a comedy to keep watching. :)

backbone 2013-04-05 00:29

Considering that Maou's underling is such a bishie, i wish he remains as his sidekick for the rest of episodes with no any BL-hint whatsoever (even if it's just played for comedy)

kuromitsu 2013-04-05 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by backbone (Post 4621281)
Considering that Maou's underling is such a bishie, i wish he remains as his sidekick for the rest of episodes with no any BL-hint whatsoever (even if it's just played for comedy)

Considering the genre, I think you can rest assured that thre won't be any BL hints between them... :heh: (pixiv, you're my only hope! XDDD) I like him a lot, so I hope he won't be sidelined.

OceanBlue 2013-04-05 04:54

Very funny! I enjoyed the first episode a lot. :heh:

orpheus2 2013-04-05 05:32

Well, this is interesting. This will be a fun watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frubam (Post 4621178)
Maou and Alsiel reminded me of that manga Shina Dark for a number of reasons(anyone familiar with the manga should know what they are =03).

The way Maou and Alsiel integrated into society was a ton of fun to watch =03. Their 'reformed' selves are pretty fun too, though not as fun as their 'demon' selves[on Earth]. I was kinda surprised the hero was a girl. Even though this first ep entertained me much more than I thought it was, I'm not so sure the premise of him working at a McDs will consistently keep me entertained, unless that's not mostly all there is to it.

You're right about that. Too bad, it was discontinued.:sad:

A demon lord working as a fast food worker... LOL

RapidPotential 2013-04-05 05:57

The gibberish they had for at least half the episode was entertaining on its own. I was bemused for a good 10 minutes. :heh:

Nice transition from the battle scenes to the main plot. I'm guessing they went all-out knowing the fighting was only going to be at the beginning. Alsiel's antics (caught eating then tries to act like nothing happened, lol) versus Maou's complete integration into society; hard to pick one over the other. Both were really funny.

Probably one of the better starts I've seen compared to most other pilots. I've got a feeling that if this keeps up we'll have a gem on our watchlists.

jeroz 2013-04-05 06:32

This feels like Saint Young Men without actually being Saint Young Men.

approved.