AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Infinite Stratos - Light Novel/Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97359)

blitz1/2 2022-06-14 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero (Post 6514315)
I see that the author made Ichika this way. Guess that he wants to show the readers the females are superior to men. huh? Doesn't anyone agree with Bakato regarding this or do anyone have the different reason why Ichika's so weak?

I see. So, Ichika had tried to live a normal life. He didn't want to be labeled as a monster. A reason why Ichika avoided thinking about piloting an IS. Who knew that a happy-go super genius can be this cruel.

Could it be Ichika's own special ability to heal his wounds including serious injuries faster than any human possible is the reason why he's this weak?

Even so, he can just outlast the opponent (then again, Byaku Shiki ISN'T a good IS.)

XFire 2022-06-14 11:15

Isn't Ichika just.....actually kinda weak? Like everyone else has had way more training than he has and he's never been noted to be particularly talented. Dude is just straight up a scrub who happens to have decent gear

Chaos-Zero 2022-06-14 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 6514328)
Even so, he can just outlast the opponent (then again, Byaku Shiki ISN'T a good IS.)

If that's the case, why won't he just get a new IS that isn't defective?

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFire (Post 6514349)
Isn't Ichika just.....actually kinda weak? Like everyone else has had way more training than he has and he's never been noted to be particularly talented. Dude is just straight up a scrub who happens to have decent gear

I notice that Ichika has no battle experiences. Chifuyu must have enrolled him at the last minute. Which isn't good. She should have give her brother enough prep time to get ready before entering ISA. Take a look at Cecilia and the other girls, they have months to prepare and look what it got them.

XFire 2022-06-14 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero (Post 6514359)
If that's the case, why won't he just get a new IS that isn't defective?

I notice that Ichika has no battle experiences. Chifuyu must have enrolled him at the last minute. Which isn't good. She should have give her brother enough prep time to get ready before entering ISA. Take a look at Cecilia and the other girls, they have months to prepare and look what it got them.

Chifuyu didn't want him to be a pilot and Ichika didn't want to be one either, they just didn't have a choice in the matter iirc

It's probably Tabane's fault, like 90% of the story is "Tabane was bored and wanted to cause trouble"

Chaos-Zero 2022-06-15 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFire (Post 6514379)
Chifuyu didn't want him to be a pilot and Ichika didn't want to be one either, they just didn't have a choice in the matter iirc

It's probably Tabane's fault, like 90% of the story is "Tabane was bored and wanted to cause trouble"

Really? I thought Chifuyu forced Ichika to enroll the IS Academy. After everything they went through, it's hard to believe that Tabane can be labelled as innocent.

blitz1/2 2022-06-16 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero (Post 6514461)
Really? I thought Chifuyu forced Ichika to enroll the IS Academy. After everything they went through, it's hard to believe that Tabane can be labelled as innocent.

The whole series is basically:

"Tabane NO!!!!"

"Tabane YES!!"

Also, Ichika is not smart bookwise, but he is good on critical thinking and developing strategies on the fly.

Again, if Byaku Shiki didn't have that leaking energy for his Yukihira, he would be top tier.

Chaos-Zero 2022-06-29 17:50

This story of Infinite Stratos is in quite a predicament. First, Ichika almost got killed by the IS harem again due to the mishaps that the new girl, Airis, has made. Then, he stormed to rescue Houki. Thus, having him badly injured. Then Houki loses her own personal IS. Then all of the sudden, Madoka show up stabbing Ichika right in front of Chifuyu after Tabane told him regarding the origin of the Project Orimura. Also, his skills as the IS pilot haven't improved that much since Tatenashi came along claimed to be his "special coach". Not to mention the IS girls haven't made much progress with Ichika as far as their relationship is concerned.

What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?

blitz1/2 2022-07-02 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero (Post 6515990)
This story of Infinite Stratos is in quite a predicament. First, Ichika almost got killed by the IS harem again due to the mishaps that the new girl, Airis, has made. Then, he stormed to rescue Houki. Thus, having him badly injured. Then Houki loses her own personal IS. Then all of the sudden, Madoka show up stabbing Ichika right in front of Chifuyu after Tabane told him regarding the origin of the Project Orimura. Also, his skills as the IS pilot haven't improved that much since Tatenashi came along claimed to be his "special coach". Not to mention the IS girls haven't made much progress with Ichika as far as their relationship is concerned.

What do you think that the author can write and make to get them out of this mess in the last volume of Infinite Stratos light novel?

Complete reboot lol.

MaskedRider 2022-07-02 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 6516431)
Complete reboot lol.

Personally, I'd welcome it. Toned down the cliché jealous violence, add some character interaction that actually goes somewhere, allow Ichika to get better as a pilot, and the author needs to make up their damn mind as to who Ichika will end up with.

I'm sure said author noticed that the era of the MC who ends the series not choosing anyone (and things not moving forward) is a thing of the past. Readers can either live with the choice that was made or write a fanfic of their own.

blitz1/2 2022-07-02 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedRider (Post 6516445)
Personally, I'd welcome it. Toned down the cliché jealous violence, add some character interaction that actually goes somewhere, allow Ichika to get better as a pilot, and the author needs to make up their damn mind as to who Ichika will end up with.

I'm sure said author noticed that the era of the MC who ends the series not choosing anyone (and things not moving forward) is a thing of the past. Readers can either live with the choice that was made or write a fanfic of their own.

Volumes 1 to 7, I think was the peak of IS, (subtracting the jealousy scenes)

XFire 2022-07-02 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 6516460)
Volumes 1 to 7, I think was the peak of IS, (subtracting the jealousy scenes)

So

Subtracting 70% of the story then :heh:

I kid, I kid

Mazryonh 2022-07-03 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero (Post 6515990)

At this point, he's better off adding retcon scenes showing the each of the heroines making individual progress with Ichika throughout the story, then writing an omnibus "bonus" novel after the final volume showing Ichika choosing each one of the heroines in turn (in separate story timelines). That would keep the fans from rioting over their heroine not being chosen.

But at this point, I think it's obvious to us that the IS author didn't plan out the story well enough to cater to fans of each of the heroines. Charlotte used to be so sweet, but she fell into the same "violent tsundere" archetype that was first occupied by Houki.

XFire 2022-07-03 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 6516642)
At this point, he's better off adding retcon scenes showing the each of the heroines making individual progress with Ichika throughout the story, then writing an omnibus "bonus" novel after the final volume showing Ichika choosing each one of the heroines in turn (in separate story timelines). That would keep the fans from rioting over their heroine not being chosen.

But at this point, I think it's obvious to us that the IS author didn't plan out the story well enough to cater to fans of each of the heroines. Charlotte used to be so sweet, but she fell into the same "violent tsundere" archetype that was first occupied by Houki.

Tbh, they should just make it so Ichika was actually in love with Tabane this whole time, the only girl not into him.

Story ends with him chasing her while the girls chase him.

Looney Tunes soundtrack plays over the ending

blitz1/2 2022-07-04 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFire (Post 6516650)
Tbh, they should just make it so Ichika was actually in love with Tabane this whole time, the only girl not into him.

Story ends with him chasing her while the girls chase him.

Looney Tunes soundtrack plays over the ending

Give me a moment to write out Sacred Twins as the IS reboot, and watch the franchise flourish! xD

Fireminer 2023-07-11 21:22

So Izuru is a VTuber now: https://www.youtube.com/@yumizuru_izuru3429/streams

Dark Rose Princess 2023-07-16 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireminer (Post 6553247)

We’re never getting that god damned last book, are we?