AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 5 End of the golden witch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85213)

Klashikari 2009-08-15 03:55

[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 5 End of the golden witch

Release date: 15th August 09 (Comiket 76)
Opening: Witch of Occultics

Thread Guidelines:

Considering the rapid change of discussion in Episode 4 and 5 thread, the guidelines will change accordingly.
All Episode Threads serve only as a place to leave reviews, opinions, comments regarding the episode in order to leave everything solely centred on how the game is (sub-discussion like summaries etc are fine as well).

If any of you would like to weave theories and the like, please post in the [Game] Umineko - Spoilers and speculations thread instead.

Consequently, please do not start jumping on a single detail and already make a theory if you didn't read Episode 5 yet: rather use the aforementioned thread if it is really needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wikipedia
Umineko no Naku Koro ni on wikipedia

--------------------------------------------------------------

Links to other Umineko threads in AS Forums:

original doujin games
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 1 Legend of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 2 Turn of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 3 Banquet of the Golden Witch
Umineko no Naku Koroni - Ep. 4 Alliance of the golden witch
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Translation Project

images
Umineko Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.)
Umineko Avatar & Signature Request Thread

music
Umineko music discussion (OP/ED, game soundtracks, dramaCDs etc.)
Umineko music videos

manga
Umineko no Naku Koroni - manga thread

anime
Umineko no Naku Koroni (TV)

MeoTwister5 2009-08-15 06:13

So... how many of you/us outside Japan will be importing this the moment it becomes available for foreign delivery?

chounokoe 2009-08-15 06:18

I have to get up early tomorrow and head over to Nakano to buy it...been on Comiket today but when I reached the booth they were out of stock for the day...at least that's what the Siesta told me ~__~

But at least I've got all the new audio CD's and hope some of the EP5 stuff from musicbox blue is actually in the game.

TsundereCake 2009-08-15 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 2582909)
So... how many of you/us outside Japan will be importing this the moment it becomes available for foreign delivery?

Already preordered a couple weeks ago :heh: Should ship on the 17th :3

Alaya 2009-08-15 09:21

Already ask Ota(ku)-pilgrim to buy it from Japan :D Luckily one of my friend went to Comiket this year so I can ask him to buy it for me.

A little bit of question about buying game through internet. How expensive is it compare to buying from the store in Japan (since I know someone there that will travel from my country to Japan), and how fast they normally deliver the goods?

MeoTwister5 2009-08-15 09:49

I don't know anyone who's currently in Japan so I can't get anyone to buy it. I'll end up having to order it off the internet with the ridiculous taxes my country demands for imported electronic products.

And because of that I'm still not intending to import until any group is willing to translate Ep5. I might end up importing it down the road, but I'll have to find something to compensate for my meager skills in Japanese.

June 1983 2009-08-15 09:52

I've never been around when a new game was released before, but how long does it usually take for the Witch Hunt to translate a new Episode? A few months? Or closer to about one month? It took around a month for Ep 4 to get to me from HimeyaShop so I want to make sure I order it with enough time.

Volcanic 2009-08-15 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by June 1983 (Post 2583235)
I've never been around when a new game was released before, but how long does it usually take for the Witch Hunt to translate a new Episode? A few months? Or closer to about one month? It took around a month for Ep 4 to get to me from HimeyaShop so I want to make sure I order it with enough time.

A couple months, usually. And they release revisions every once and awhile, too- I think an EP1 revision is coming soon actually, :heh:

chounokoe 2009-08-15 10:01

Considering the length we could be looking forward to I would say half a year for a complete patch? Would that seem reasonable to the members of Witch Hunt around here?

I just hope that the difficulty level of Kanji is on the level of Episode 4, then everything should be alright. As long as there are no sudden flashes of bio-science or something like that, I should be able to get through just fine.
So anyone else reading it directly in Japanese?

yangxu 2009-08-15 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by chounokoe (Post 2583248)
Considering the length we could be looking forward to I would say half a year for a complete patch? Would that seem reasonable to the members of Witch Hunt around here?

I just hope that the difficulty level of Kanji is on the level of Episode 4, then everything should be alright. As long as there are no sudden flashes of bio-science or something like that, I should be able to get through just fine.
So anyone else reading it directly in Japanese?

Me.
Kanji actually makes things easier since I'm Chinese. From the spoiler pictures revealed so far, the difficulty level seems okay.

MeoTwister5 2009-08-15 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangxu (Post 2583263)
Me.
Kanji actually makes things easier since I'm Chinese. From the spoiler pictures revealed so far, the difficulty level seems okay.

Really? I'm Chinese too but I live elsewhere. My Mandarin isn't up to par with most but in my experience a lot of Kanji aren't at all similar to their Chinese origins because a lot of the characters adopted into Kanji do not retain their original Chinese meanings.

June 1983 2009-08-15 10:22

Okay, that sounds good. I'll probably wait a month or so before ordering, then.

yangxu 2009-08-15 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 2583276)
Really? I'm Chinese too but I live elsewhere. My Mandarin isn't up to par with most but in my experience a lot of Kanji aren't at all similar to their Chinese origins because a lot of the characters adopted into Kanji do not retain their original Chinese meanings.

That's true, certain words don't refer to the same thing... others have the placement of words in the reverse order. Fortunately, most of the kanjis used in previous episodes appear to carry similar meanings as the original Chinese words.

Anyway, an English patch would make things much clearer than taking a guess on sentences that are hard to comprehend. :D

MeoTwister5 2009-08-15 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by yangxu (Post 2583300)
That's true, certain words don't refer to the same thing... others have the placement of words in the reverse order. Fortunately, most of the kanjis used in previous episodes appear to carry similar meanings as the original Chinese words.

Anyway, an English patch would make things much clearer than taking a guess on sentences that are hard to comprehend. :D

This was my original problem with most untranslated VNs. The Kanji end up meaning something different from my Chinese mental and dictionary-assisted translation. Change a few words and everything changes, so I end up with a completely different understanding of the text.:p

Golden Witch Drugs 2009-08-15 11:39

As usual I go spoil myself before I play the game (And always regret it afterwards -_-')

Still... This only makes me eager more to play the game... My friend who lives in japan have gotten me the four earlier games so I'll probably get the fifth game in a month or so... But it's still tough to wait for the patch:p

Volcanic 2009-08-15 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs (Post 2583392)
As usual I go spoil myself before I play the game (And always regret it afterwards -_-') And I can't belive what I discovered...

Still... This only makes me eager more to play the game... My friend who lives in japan have gotten me the four earlier games so I'll probably get the fifth game in a month or so... But it's still tough to wait for the patch:p

Spoilers go here.

Pay attention please D8

Golden Witch Drugs 2009-08-15 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volcanic (Post 2583399)
Spoilers go here.

Pay attention please D8

Sorry ^^'' Edited now.

Sterling01 2009-08-15 11:55

Anyone else have their game crash at this line?
Spoiler for Ep 5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volcanic (Post 2583399)
Spoilers go here.

Pay attention please D8

No, Ep 5 Spoilers are fine here. That thread is for theories based on the Ep 5 spoilers

MeoTwister5 2009-08-15 12:23

Pretty sure we're not allowed to talk about getting this game through torrent.

Anyway back on topic, how big is Ep5? I heard it's on a DVD so it must be big. The only way I think it'll be that big is if it includes the previous 4 chapters with it.

Sterling01 2009-08-15 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 2583455)
Pretty sure we're not allowed to talk about getting this game through torrent.

Anyway back on topic, how big is Ep5? I heard it's on a DVD so it must be big. The only way I think it'll be that big is if it includes the previous 4 chapters with it.

It's 1.9 GB