AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   computer restart automatically after downloads from bittorrent (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6615)

ChaiTazotea 2004-02-03 21:46

computer restart automatically after downloads from bittorrent

every time i download an anime from bittorent my computer shutdown after 30 minute. i already try the other bittorrent like showdow client and abc but still it restart. when i download from other site not from bittorent it fine. what the problem. I love anime and i don't mind that much on the upload cap and all but i already tried to download fullmetal alchemist for three days now and it kinda fustrating. pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeee helpppppppp...... thanks

Ark 2004-02-04 05:09

This has been asked a few times - you're not the only one - it used to happen to my brothers computer too.

Looking at past replies :-

Network cards/drivers seem to be an issue - look at replacing/upgrading these.

If you're using Windows :-

Right click My computer choose Properties
Go to Advanced - then Startup and Recovery
Uncheck Automatically Restart

Now when Windows would restart you'll get a blue screen of death instead but this should have a message for which file went wrong.
When you next start your computer run a google search for that file and you'll see which program/hardware it relates to.

I don't know if you're on a home PC or network connection but I'd personally suspect your broadband modem drivers especially if using a Thompson/Alcatel modem (which seem to be provided by most ISPs in the UK) the standard windows drivers for these result in errors.
Upgrade these drivers from the thompson site.

Hope this helps.

ChaiTazotea 2004-02-07 12:09

i've done the procedure above and i got the error code and stuff but when i try to go to microsoft.com i could'nt find anything on it. maybe i'am doing it wrong. the code i got when my computer shut down is STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000009, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000009) if i done anything to offend bittorrent i asure you that it was a lack of computer knowledge. If i need to donate in order to downloads please let me know. If anybody know how to solve this please please leave a post.. thank in advance......kc

Ark 2004-02-07 12:38

Under those error numbers there should usually be a filename - for instance a graphics driver file might nv4disp.dll or so on.

That shouldnt really be necessary though.

There are several other threads about this problem try doing a search for those, but these seem to be the general problems:-

Network Card drivers
Router/Modem drivers
Memory - RAM issues (try running a memory test program)

Im not very good with routers but if you post more details about your hardware and what OS you're running then I or maybe someone else might be able to get a few ideas.