AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Negima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Mahou Sensei Negima (First TV Series) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=19917)

FlyByNite 2004-09-01 03:43

Mahou Sensei Negima (First TV Series)

Noticed this on the torrent submissions and I don't think it was added yet, but I downloaded it.

It's a short just under 6min intro to the animated Negima (OVA/Series?) I have no idea what the actual plan for it is. But with 30+ VA's cast for the show I can't see it just being a short 3 ep OVA.

As for the initial thoughts. Didn't get to see any magic in action really so no idea how that will come across. Did get to see all the female students (in a group shot) and then they individually introduced the baka rangers, the five lowest scoring girls in the class (ALTHO THEY DIDN'T INTRODUCE THEMSELVES BY COLOR GRR)

Well before that we get the first chapter or so of the manga animated. Negi is shown in England (Although I think this whole part should have been in English...but eh) and is assigned to teach the at a girls middle school in Japan. We then see Negi arrive and introduce himself to the class when most of the girls fawn over how adorable the 10 year old is.

Segway into the previously mentioned baka ranger intros.
So we get to see and hear Asuna, Makie, Yue, Ku Fei, and Kaede. AKA Baka Ranger Red, Pink, Black, Yellow and Blue. We get to see the Kaede Bunshin No Jutsu ;) But shh...she's not a ninja :D

Then at the end Ayaka busts in for her promo and I gotta say the voice for her is DEAD-ON what I always imagined while reading the manga. Kinda Sultry/Snobby.

So it looks like this could be a fun anime, the animation looks good and pretty faithfully adapted from the manga. Thanks to Meow for translating this short. It's a nice little preview, now it's just a matter of if this actually ever becomes a full-fledged anime.

Oh yea and judging by the fanservice in the preview... Please FujiTV don't air this show if it becomes an anime. You'll run out of fog effects.

Nokto 2004-09-01 04:13

Yeah looked great so far.

Anyone more Infos on the coming Negi Anime ?

Yuun 2004-09-01 06:34

Hoe? I was about to enter this forum to vring this up bu it seems that someone is faster then me... ~_~"

Well... i'm still downloading it so i can't give any opinion yet... but as i know... the manga really promising. I like the manga and that i hope it'll be as good as the manga...

Regarding the news I don't know much but according to my friend... all the seiyuu has been chosen and that the project is going smoothly... other then those news I don't know anymore.

At first Ken Akamatsu plan to enter himself into the anime like what he did in Love Hina Spring Special but suddenly he changes he mind not to do so...

Other then that, for more news... we've to wait to see the out come...lolz

Sanjuronord 2004-09-01 07:49

Asuna's blue/green eyes are a bit distracting the way they appear in the anime. Other than that little bit of criticizm, series looks like it's off to a rather nice start, certainly looks like it'll be more than 3 ovas since they had material in there from a lot of different stories.

SleeplessHeart 2004-09-01 10:06

When I am posting this, I am still struggling to show the subtitles for this preview.

The quality of the anime looks OK.
However, as a fan of Negima manga, I find the art below my expectation, especially Asuna character. Why can't they stick to the Love Hina's standard?
Voice acting is a mixed bag. Asuna's voice is excellent and so is Ayaka's. But Negi's and Kaede's voice are still not 'right'.

By the way, where is Konoka?

Belphanior 2004-09-01 13:26

:hmm:

I'm completely ignorant on the manga, so this preview struck me as a bolt out of the blue. It looks pretty ok and so I'll probably give it a shot, but don't most of those characters look pretty ... familiar?

In the groupshot at the end I can spot characters that look an awful lot like...

Yomiko Readman (Read or Die)
Mone-chan (Yumeria)
I think I see some To Heart and Maburaho in there.
Just about the entire Love Hina cast
In fact, I think all them are ripped from somewhere else now that I look at it again.

Is this intentional? As a piece of satire, or possibly to pay homage to the babes of fanservice?

AkihaTohno 2004-09-01 13:27

I'm going to sound like a super N00b now... but how do you play mkv files?

Saitou00 2004-09-01 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belphanior
:hmm:

I'm completely ignorant on the manga, so this preview struck me as a bolt out of the blue. It looks pretty ok and so I'll probably give it a shot, but don't most of those characters look pretty ... familiar?

In the groupshot at the end I can spot characters that look an awful lot like...

Yomiko Readman (Read or Die)
Mone-chan (Yumeria)
I think I see some To Heart and Maburaho in there.
Just about the entire Love Hina cast
In fact, I think all them are ripped from somewhere else now that I look at it again.

Is this intentional? As a piece of satire, or possibly to pay homage to the babes of fanservice?

The manga was written by Ken Akumatsu, the creator of Love Hina, so there is no surprise if all the characters looked like characters from Love Hina.

Ku Fei doesn't look like Kaolla Su anymore. In the manga, they sure look very much alike.

I wonder whose idea was it to give Asuna different colors for each eye. :twitch: It just doesn't make sense.

sOnJoOL 2004-09-01 13:55

its cool. but then i couldnt play normally. there is no "time" i cant skip anything on the video.
but it looks like at least and hopefully 26 episode series.

hooliganj 2004-09-01 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belphanior

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Akamatsu may bring a good sense of fun into his work, but he does not bring in a sense of character design. The very first thing I noticed upon reading the manga was how much Negi looks like a kidified version of the professor from Love Hina. Given how many characters there are in Negima, you'll probably notice quite a few designs lifted from A.I.Love You and Earth Defender Mao-chan, as well.

Jenichan 2004-09-01 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saitou00
I wonder whose idea was it to give Asuna different colors for each eye. :twitch: It just doesn't make sense.

I was wondering that too, but I took a closer look at the first manga cover you can kinda see that her eyes are green and blue... tho I never noticed this before. They sure make it a lot more obvious in that promo...

The promo looks good otherwise!

Rin-chan 2004-09-01 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
When I am posting this, I am still struggling to show the subtitles for this preview.

The quality of the anime looks OK.
However, as a fan of Negima manga, I find the art below my expectation, especially Asuna character. Why can't they stick to the Love Hina's standard?
Voice acting is a mixed bag. Asuna's voice is excellent and so is Ayaka's. But Negi's and Kaede's voice are still not 'right'.

By the way, where is Konoka?

lol i know what you mean sleep , im a big follower on the manga and the art work is very below par. but hey atleasts its not as bad as the love hina anime >< . I do have to disagree about one thing , i think they did Kae's voice very well . But i gues its just how you interpret her .

sOnJoOL 2004-09-01 16:38

hey, is the video file corrupt or something?
this one is weird because like i said, there is no time bar thing to skip to parts of the video.
and yes, i have mkv codec thing.
does anyone else have this problem?

jayrocs 2004-09-01 17:29

update the mkv spliiter, vsfilter and disable the built in mkv splitter in the media player(if its built in)

Loki-sama 2004-09-01 18:59

Damn, can't wait for this one to come out.

orion 2004-09-01 19:29

I'm having trouble with this file too. Will the above suggestion help with subtitles?
I don't see any. I'm using Media Player Classic.

Orion

Lunchboxx 2004-09-01 19:42

I really love the manga and from what I saw so far it looks like the anime could be good. but if they do it as a short OVA it wouldn't really be able to show how the manga is very well

Asuna's Eyes are really wierd i don't rember them ever saying anything about her having diffrent color eyes in the manga, and it was just really distracting or something.....i dunno it buged me.

suguru 2004-09-01 19:59

Supposedly Negima is going to be a "special short anime" that won't be out until April...sounds like an OVA, which is too bad because with 50+ chapters there's definitely enough material for a TV series:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/colu...man.php?id=179

I've got to think the TV series will come eventually, but maybe they're testing the waters with the OVA first. And I thought Azusa's eyes were distracting too, it just ruined her character design for me. On the cover of the manga posted earlier it was subtle enough to not look bad, but in the anime it just makes her look like she's possessed or something--it reminds me of Hiro from Asagiri no Miko...

Keitaro 2004-09-01 22:35

Hm...why was this moved from the fansub forum into the general anime forum. Well anyways this short OVA looks absolutely fantastic I hope they do a full series on this I don't think a bunch of OVA's can fully tell its story properly.

Kyuven 2004-09-02 01:38

it really isn't right to condense a series that has the potential to be twice as long as its predecessors (A.I. Love You and Love Hina) and still maintain a good story (heck, if i had that many characters to work with, i could make 52+ episodes and still have characters not developed enough...)
on the other hand, i will watch it since i'm a big fan of series that take a cliche or overused plot device and put it on the back burner in favor of character development and/or story (i've heard Akamatsu only made it into a "harem" manga at his editor's insistance, yet he's been taking a different approach than before i.e., action sequences beyond a guy getting punched to the moon, the fact that there's 1 robot and at least 3-4 different martial artists, plus a ghost and a vampire leads to...well, first a compilation of every bishoujo cliche ever made...and then some pretty decent action (i've taken a liking to Makie based on the manga so far))