AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A Simple Survey (簡単なアンケートです) [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113831)

Master Assassin 2012-07-31 02:23

A Simple Survey (簡単なアンケートです) [Light Novel]

Author: Kamachi Kazuma (鎌池和馬)
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka (はいむらきよたか)

http://i.imgur.com/DewUnl.jpg

Quote:

A Simple Survey (簡単なアンケートです) is a light novel written by Kamachi Kazuma (鎌池 和馬) and illustrated by Haimura Kiyotaka (はいむらきよたか). Kamachi Kazuma is also known for the Toaru Majutsu no Index series and the Heavy Object series.

Synopsis

A number of university students are given a simple survey in which they must watch a number of short films and rank them in order of preference. The reader takes the survey along with them with the short films being told as short stories.

First short story is about a big-breasted ninja computer virus. One word: wow, Kamachi. One wonders what he... umm, eats.

Sumeragi 2012-07-31 02:34

Yes, one has to wonder.

kuroishinigami 2012-07-31 03:33

It was quite cever actually, the way Kamachi write it lol. He peresents a what-if situation with what would happen if a virus was given the ability to plead for its survivability. No a masterpiece, but still a very intertaining read :heh:

mangafreak7793 2012-07-31 04:27

Makes me wonder how he can keep churning out novels
Without burning himself out.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-31 06:09

Don't forget, these are essentially his 'left-over' ideas that he couldn't fit into any of his main stories, he has probably had them in mind for a LONG time...

tsunade666 2012-07-31 09:25

Maybe he also had this idea pop up in his head while thinking about his main series but he can't put it there but still the story is very interesting for left ever ideas >_>

if this is left over what is it to compare on the other's works?

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-31 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4283125)
Maybe he also had this idea pop up in his head while thinking about his main series but he can't put it there but still the story is very interesting for left ever ideas >_>

if this is left over what is it to compare on the other's works?

One question- Are any of the stories romance?

I have this sneak suspicion that Kamachi can write anything except romance stories.

Basically it's like- "What is Love? This Unit does not compute- Error. Error..."

Master Assassin 2012-07-31 10:19

^ More like he likes trolling with the flags and the romance theme in itself.

I mean, if you remember Waltraute.

Gundam Meister 2012-07-31 14:59

File 2 and 3 have been translated

Ashaman 2012-07-31 17:42

Hey look C2F, a couple of romance sto- reads guy getting trolled by an immortal loli and case of stockholm/limia syndrome.

Soul Assassin is right.

Kamachi loves to troll love stories.

blackwhite67 2012-07-31 17:57

Man File03 was a bit disturbing.

Ilidsor 2012-07-31 22:10

Just read the first three stories :O

Where does Kamachi get all this stuff from? I'm starting to question if he's actually human. No one writes this fast and has this many ideas. It's not fair damnit. :frustrated:

The virus one was pure genius :heh:

Chaos2Frozen 2012-07-31 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashaman (Post 4283734)
Hey look C2F, a couple of romance sto- reads guy getting trolled by an immortal loli and case of stockholm/limia syndrome.

Soul Assassin is right.

Kamachi loves to troll love stories.

No surprise- look, Kamachi only have two cards to play when it comes to romance; either the Hero put his life on the line to save or impress the girl... Or he beats them into submission.

Stockholm sounds like it's right up his alley :p

EDIT: Heck, the entire Accelerator and Last Order relationship is borderline Stockholm :p

tsunade666 2012-08-01 04:21

This story is like a "what if right"?

You pick your pick or route then their is an after story for it. Brilliant idea but yet pretty crazy if you read each story.

And also is it just me or the cover is like making fun of you just like how the author trolls its fan. The pointing finger of that girl and her gesture. I just can't shale this feeling that it will fit on her if she said "ah yours is small"

Master Assassin 2012-08-01 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4284421)
This story is like a "what if right"?

You pick your pick or route then their is an after story for it. Brilliant idea but yet pretty crazy if you read each story.

And also is it just me or the cover is like making fun of you just like how the author trolls its fan. The pointing finger of that girl and her gesture. I just can't shale this feeling that it will fit on her if she said "ah yours is small"

To me it's not a "what if" anymore. It's more like a collection of "what I wanted to write about but couldn't" by Kamachi.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-08-01 07:58

"What I wanted to write about but couldn't however in the end I still did, yay!"

*Victory Sign + Wink + Heart*

Master Assassin 2012-08-01 17:54

Chapters 05 and 06 are up...

Wow, the beginning part of Chapter 05 seems to be mocking those who made claims on "waifus".

Chaos2Frozen 2012-08-01 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 4285369)
Chapters 05 and 06 are up...

Wow, the beginning part of Chapter 05 seems to be mocking those who made claims on "waifus".

I wasn't planning on reading it yet, but your comment got me interested.

...But why is it between a blond white guy and an afro black guy... =_=;

I definitely laughed at the punchline in the end :D

EDIT:

Part 3 - Wat?!?! Too short way too short! Theres too many 'codename' that makes the whole thing feel too random! Need more context... But at least I now know that Kamachi can do interrogation scenes.

Part 4 - I could definitely see an expansion of the concept of the modern ninja wielding modern to high tech weapons. Heck, he has already laid out the ground works for it in Index... If he wanted to he could continue it from there, or even write a whole new story from the ground up. This is a survey right? Modern Ninja Warfare is something I want to see more of :D

Master Assassin 2012-08-03 02:45

And there's File 07 out.

It sure is annoying having a model figure-sized haughty demon queen(ish?) ojou-sama being your (annoying) client for business...

Chaos2Frozen 2012-08-03 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 4287395)
And there's File 07 out.

Now this is something I foresee him writing for Intellivillage; humans and fairies interacting as if this was normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 4287395)
It sure is annoying having a model figure-sized haughty demon queen(ish?) ojou-sama being your (annoying) client for business...

Some people like that sort of thing... >.>

Fairy Queen Titania eh...