AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Durarara!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Durarara!! - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=91610)

Kimidori 2012-02-17 07:01

I'm thinking of watching this anime but i don't like dark anime, so is this anime dark? how dark it is?

LKK 2012-02-17 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimidori (Post 4010562)
I'm thinking of watching this anime but i don't like dark anime, so is this anime dark? how dark it is?

Not knowing how you define "dark anime", I can't say for sure. But Durarara!! isn't an anime that I would call dark.

Kimidori 2012-02-25 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 4010853)
Not knowing how you define "dark anime", I can't say for sure. But Durarara!! isn't an anime that I would call dark.

just watched the first episode... i don't how you define "dark anime" either, but all the kidnapping and killing in episode 1 is too dark to me... Dropped

Eragon 2012-02-25 23:19

^ I wouldn't call Durarara! dark, more like interesting. At least watch 3-4 episodes before you decide to drop it. It's pretty hilarious too.

Chaos2Frozen 2012-02-26 02:46

Frankly, Durarara is about as dark as Index and Bakemonogatari.

That is to say you'll occasionally come across some questionable issues, but the general tone of the series and it's main characters won't make you lose sleep at night or feel dirty after watching it.

It's as good as any stepping stone to ease yourself into the real hardcore stuff.

Kimidori 2012-02-26 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4026161)
Frankly, Durarara is about as dark as Index and Bakemonogatari.

That is to say you'll occasionally come across some questionable issues, but the general tone of the series and it's main characters won't make you lose sleep at night or feel dirty after watching it.

It's as good as any stepping stone to ease yourself into the real hardcore stuff.

yeah, i sometimes watch dark anime. but for a reason, i'm really enjoyed Index, Railgun, Bakemonogatari and some other dark anime. i love anime because of the pure relationship between characters and i hate stuff like betrayal and deceiving so the kidnapping in the first episode is what i really hate the most here. i'm also don't like extreme violent or people that harm other for no reason.

anyway, i guess i'll give this another try then

Chaos2Frozen 2012-02-26 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimidori (Post 4026533)
yeah, i sometimes watch dark anime. but for a reason, i'm really enjoyed Index, Railgun, Bakemonogatari and some other dark anime. i love anime because of the pure relationship between characters and i hate stuff like betrayal and deceiving so the kidnapping in the first episode is what i really hate the most here. i'm also don't like extreme violent or people that harm other for no reason.

anyway, i guess i'll give this another try then

If you can handle the darkness in Index, which a good portion involves child abuse of various degree, then Durarara shouldn't be a problem. I won't sugarcoat and say that Durarara is family-friendly, but I'm fair certain it shouldn't keep you up at night.

I'm not exactly sure what you've expecting out of character relationships though, all I can say is that the main characters, as well as the more important secondary characters, have colourful personalities with good chemistry together.

SRanger 2012-03-07 12:52

Why is that series made from this company (Baccano and DRRR) fail to produce sequels? Baccano is extremely popular among anime fans, ranking in the top 40 as with DRRR. I'd love to see a second season for DRRR, and they have plenty of source material as well..

Secondly, I know this question was asked in the first page, but is there still no news of getting a licensed English translation for the light novels? It's the same deal with Baccano right? The novels have no official translations correct?

konart 2012-03-07 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRanger (Post 4042056)
Why is that series made from this company (Baccano and DRRR) fail to produce sequels? Baccano is extremely popular among anime fans, ranking in the top 40 as with DRRR. I'd love to see a second season for DRRR, and they have plenty of source material as well..

Secondly, I know this question was asked in the first page, but is there still no news of getting a licensed English translation for the light novels? It's the same deal with Baccano right? The novels have no official translations correct?

top 40 where?

SRanger 2012-03-07 12:56

I'm referring to MyAnimeList rankings - I know it doesn't mean jack when it comes to sales/popularity over in Japan, but it's generally a critically acclaimed series amongst fans.

fuff 2015-07-12 03:31

FOR DDR! second arc which novels will be covered most likely?

Renchan 2015-07-20 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuff (Post 5590477)
FOR DDR! second arc which novels will be covered most likely?

The current cour? Most likely 7 to 9.

Kafriel 2016-03-28 05:15

Hey guys, I had watched the very first DRRR!! season a few years ago and I decided to pick it back up. In which order do the following cours appear?

Natsurin 2016-03-28 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 5812819)
Hey guys, I had watched the very first DRRR!! season a few years ago and I decided to pick it back up. In which order do the following cours appear?

The 3-cour season was aired in the order of Shou, Ten and finally Ketsu.

Kafriel 2016-03-28 06:46

Okay, thanks a lot.