AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) To-LOVE-Ru -Trouble- Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32278)

Calca 2006-05-17 02:42

To-LOVE-Ru -Trouble- Manga

Rito is a high-school boy who just can't confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna-chan. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, and barely clothed girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from another planet...

A bit cliche, but actually reading the first three chapters, I found myself laughing quite a bit especially in chapter 3. It's by the same artist who did Black Cat and I believe the manga is pretty new in Japan. It's currently being scanlated by Aerie and KEFI.

Of course there is a lot of naked cleavage, misunderstandings, etc etc for you Love Hina, Ichigo 100% types out there (and people seem to ask for this kind of manga here quite a bit). But the thing that I enjoy about this manga so far is the humor. Give it a try.

Summary from mangaupdates.

Decel 2006-05-17 08:58

Ah, was wondering about it. The summary left me doubting a "Girls Bravo clone". With at least one supporter, I guess I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your op!

Shinji103 2006-05-17 13:22

Yep, this manga just started about four weeks ago in Shounen Jump. I'm loving it so far. :D

striderm 2006-05-17 16:28

Yeah, romance manga doesn't really go far in Shounen Jump BUT it may go far with the action/comedy. I'm liking it so far.

But I find it weird that it's being written by the person that wrote the Black Cat anime.

Shinji103 2006-05-17 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by striderm
But I find it weird that it's being written by the person that wrote the Black Cat anime.

Actually, he's apparently only doing the art, not actually making the story.

rooboy 2006-05-17 19:52

Quote:

Yeah, romance manga doesn't really go far in Shounen Jump BUT it may go far with the action/comedy.

Weren't Ichigo 100% and I''s both Shonen Jump? They both lasted over 15 volumes.

Though I think this is more on the comedy side and less on the romance side.

I loved when he was begging for his freedom and they all misunderstood to think he was asking for HER. Iced tea literally flew out of my nose. :)

striderm 2006-05-17 19:56

Hasemi Saki, who does the story for Trouble was a Script Writer for the Black Cat anime specifically.

Shinji103 2006-05-17 20:00

Quote:

Hasemi Saki, who does the story for Trouble was a Script Writer for the Black Cat anime specifically.

Ah, for some reason I thought you meant the guy who made the Black Cat manga, and that you accidentally typed "anime" insterad of "manga." :heh: The guy who drew and made the Black Cat manga is the artist for this series too. What a coincidence. :0

striderm 2006-05-17 20:03

Probably an assistant of his, or someone related to him, professionally.

Shinji103 2006-05-17 20:10

Finally remembered his name: Kentaro Yabuki, the guy who created the Black Cat manga (story, characters, art, and everything), is doing the art for this manga, which is why the character designs for this manga look like the later Black Cat manga character designs.

striderm 2006-05-17 20:30

Yeah. I like that one of the first bodyguard guys looks like Belze without long hair.

And Zastin is pretty awesome.

M L Monster 2006-11-27 11:20

ToLoveRu

Anyone read this manga?

Its a Love Comedy by the creator of Black Cat.

Just read Vol 1 and it seems to be a good manga.

Shinji103 2006-11-27 15:21

I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this already somewhere buried in here, lol.

Anyway, I like this manga too. It's kind of like on a parallel with Love Hina and Ai Yori Aoshi in that they don't have a deep plot and go from tory to story, but there's nothing wrong with that. :)

the.Merines 2006-11-27 21:07

I'm loving To-LOVE-Ru so far, even though the plot is kinda lacking at this point. Haruna totally makes it worth it, though!

Freeter 2006-11-30 12:14

Ugh, latest chapters are currently in "emo-Lala" mode. Needs more mini-Riro and hot nurse :p

kemal_1915 2006-12-21 23:30

As long as he takes Eve from black cat to make a story, it'll be a great hit:D

Shinji103 2006-12-22 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemal_1915 (Post 776233)
As long as he takes Eve from black cat to make a story, it'll be a great hit:D

I was just thinking the same thing. :) Although don't get up your hopes too high, since Yabuki is only doing the art, not the story. But hopefully Yabuki will talk the guy into using Eve for a story. :love: It'd be solid gold. People would go rabid over it. :D

Perhaps she'll show up as an interplanetary bounty hunter after some big bounty, and decides to hang around? LOL That would be perfect! :D

Majek 2006-12-22 10:35

Actually the gilrs that are in TORA now are great and Eve has no place in it. :P

Shinji103 2006-12-22 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majek (Post 776725)
Actually the gilrs that are in TORA now are great and Eve has no place in it. :P

*Smacks Majek* :p

slidingk1 2006-12-24 02:56

just downloaded up to chapter 26 and found myself laughing non stop.