AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Infinite Stratos - Light Novel/Manga Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97359)

asaqe 2010-09-10 17:16

Infinite Stratos - Light Novel/Manga Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 3101460)
The shounen(boy's) light novel series IS (Infinite Stratos) by Yumizuru Izuru (author) and okiura (illustrator) will be getting a TV anime adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100622

IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉
IS (Infinite Stratos)

Official anime site:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/

少年向けライトノベル.
Shounen light novel series (light novel series aimed at boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label MF Bunko J.
Currently there are 5 volumes released of the light novel series.

Covers:

Author: Yumizuru Izuru
Illustrator: okiura

A seinen manga adaptation is serialzied in the seinen manga magazine Comic Alive. The manga is drawn by Akaboshi Kenji.
Currently there are no volumes released of the manga.

Genre: Shounen, Sci-fi, Comedy, Romance

Information courtesy of Neosam

Sotobrastos 2010-09-11 00:27

Hmm, delicious covers. The anime trailer looked good. Hope it gets popular enough for someone to start translating the LNs.

kuroishinigami 2010-09-11 09:12

Well, the artwork is indeed pretty good, but the story is..... a little bit lacking IMO. It feels like a generic harem romantic comedy with a mecha. The character development feels a little lacking too. Aside from the chapter they are introduced in, some of them get neglected in terms of character development and the story keeps introducing new character. It's still a young series though so I think I will give it a go for 4 or 5 more volume to see if it will get better.

jzmagic 2010-09-11 10:56

The author is apparently very sick, so the novel series will probably end or be discontinued.

tsunade666 2010-09-11 11:03

what!? the author is very sick? I wish he would get well. The story is still introducing the characters and no real plot of war yet. I hate to see a potential story to go to waste.

asaqe 2010-09-11 11:55

Indeed, I don't want another Kaze No Stigma incident.

tsunade666 2010-09-11 13:41

uwaaaaaa asage nooooo! why did you mention that one.... I just remember a bad memory of the past.

Still how did you get the idea that the author is sick? is their a source for it?

NeoSam 2010-09-11 15:17

I remember reading that volume 6 of the light novel series will be released on September 24th, but now its mentioned as postponed, and no timeline is mentioned :confused:

What jzmagic said could explain this...

jzmagic 2010-09-11 18:55

I read a translation that came from the author's blog about deteriorating health and having to take 12 pills a day.

kuroishinigami 2010-09-11 21:42

That's a bad news. And right after the series getting an anime on winter too XD. Hope he/she will get better soon. I really wonder though, is being a light novel writer really that bad for health? XD. Seems like I heard more light novel writer being sick compared to manga author counterpart.

asaqe 2010-09-11 22:39

It puts a good strain on the mind which hampers willpower and may affect you immune systems. Plus being overworked and all adds to stress and can be bad for one's health

And I hope the author gets well, a really promising series if there is one

asaqe 2010-09-12 15:40

Anyways, according to 2ch, the author recently was admitted into a hospital. Date of recovery is unknown. Some of the 2channers speculate the LN will be delayed to next month at least.

Kunagisa 2010-09-12 18:05

http://izurism.blog25.fc2.com/

Guy's homepage, you can stick it in google translator and get a decent idea about what's going on with him.

asaqe 2010-09-21 22:13

I am planning to buy some Comic Alive Manga soon, so tell me how many chapters of Infinite Stratos the manga have been released so far?

asaqe 2010-11-12 15:12

In other news, Infinite Stratos will be releasing it's 1st Tankobon around the same time Volume 6 is released

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/is/news/news.html

kuroishinigami 2010-11-12 23:16

Hmm, is the manga artwork any good? Most LN > manga adaptation lose a lot of quality in the artwork department.

asaqe 2010-11-13 00:34

I have pre-ordered one issue of comic alive, I am getting my manga shipment soon enough.

And to be honest, Okiura had some art quality foul-ups in his art (1st issue had some quality issues.)

falcolobo 2010-12-17 20:30

Well, I got redirected here from the upcoming anime thread. So does anyone have a translation? Please PM me if you have any of the novels translated.

falcolobo 2010-12-17 20:32

By the way I meant the translations for the IS light novels.

kuroishinigami 2010-12-18 03:32

there's no translated version yet for IS light novel. For the raw scan, you'll find it if you try to search.

falcolobo 2010-12-18 12:07

Really? I have the raw scans, so I would expect to see that some one had tried to translate them.

pauldy 2010-12-19 09:10

I think what people want are "fan translated" versions of the novel itself.. (similar to fansubs)

Although I believe sharing links would somehow be a form of breaking forum rules or something..

I'm really wondering how some people already have ideas on how the novel goes and how the characters are.. even before the anime had begun airing.

kuroishinigami 2010-12-19 10:43

Some of us read the raw novel. That's why we understand how the novel goes and how the characters are. Speaking of fan translation, chinese translation is usually a lot faster than english one so I think you will have more luck searching for that if you understand chinese.

Tom Bombadil 2010-12-20 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 3398413)
Some of us read the raw novel. That's why we understand how the novel goes and how the characters are. Speaking of fan translation, chinese translation is usually a lot faster than english one so I think you will have more luck searching for that if you understand chinese.

As far as I know, vol 1 & 2 are translated in Chinese already. Someone is working on vol 5. I have no idea why vol 3 and 4 are skipped.

zephyr325 2010-12-20 05:41

http://hompy-img0.dreamwiz.com/IMAGE...IS6_Order1.jpg

Vol.6 is coming out on 24th Dec - Christmas Eve.

Amazon Japan will begin sale on 21st.

I just pre-ordered it... says it takes about 9~10 days to arrive.

I could try doing the translation for this forum, but it would be at very slow pace... and I might not be able to port all the jokes and puns that author puts in. (playing with meaning/pronounciation of words, idioms and proverbs is nightmare for translator...)

If that's Ok with you, I could try...

kuroishinigami 2010-12-20 06:03

I'm gonna try ordering it tomorrow then O_O. I'll help you with translating some part after I get the book and finish reading it XD. Really hope Tatenashi gonna have a major appearance in 6th volume too XD

tsunade666 2010-12-20 07:16

then why ask for the baka-tsuki. It's a lot easier. With a translator for a series. It would be add to the series in baka-tsuki. Plus it's easier for novel readers too.

kuroishinigami 2010-12-20 07:57

I'm not ready to commit to translating a series yet so I have to refuse that offer. The difference between a formal translation and translation at a forum is that I don't have to translate every word from the novel, I can just translate the story into some kind of a detailed summary and insert the important conversation there.

pauldy 2010-12-20 09:02

Guess that's a brick wall for me.. (or in this case a steel wall)

Not able to understand japanese nor chinese language.

I have to pass or wait until the anime or something......................................... .............

MrTerrorist 2010-12-26 06:21

I hope someone translate the manga someday.

asaqe 2010-12-27 16:39

I am more interested about Volume Six's colored illustrations

asaqe 2010-12-29 02:14

Also, a few months ago when Yuzuru announced the sixth volume, Okiura put a new pixiv image featuring a potentially fanservice shot of Rinin with her shirt open

This was the heading text: セカンド幼馴染にワンチャン

I wonder if there was something like in terms of illustration in the sixth volume

Image in question:

kuroishinigami 2010-12-29 03:01

Need another 2-4 weeks before my copy arrive. If by the time my copy arrive there's still no novel illustration uploaded somewhere, I'll try upload mine. Can't promise on the picture quality though.

Angrypokstick 2010-12-29 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 3399468)
As far as I know, vol 1 & 2 are translated in Chinese already. Someone is working on vol 5. I have no idea why vol 3 and 4 are skipped.

Actually thats because vol5 is translated by a separate group they know the original group is working on 3 and 4 so they decided to go ahead and work on vol5.

From what i know it takes Ichika 2 volumes to complete his harem. And unlike typical male harem leads who is the subject of the hatred and jealousy of fellow male friends and acquaintances, since this is a female school its actually his harem thats getting all the glares and spite from all the other female classmates, only thing he has to worry about is that his own rather dangerous and psychotic harem.
And in combat Ichika is getting team combos with each individual girls it seems. In vol2 he basically pulls off Rampage Ghost(1st version) with Charlotte. and in vol 3 he gets another combo he does with Houki.

Kunagisa 2010-12-29 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrypokstick (Post 3412841)
Actually thats because vol5 is translated by a separate group they know the original group is working on 3 and 4 so they decided to go ahead and work on vol5.

Actually 5's by himself, not a group. As soon as v2 is over, v2's translator's friend started v3 before that, and he's solo translating v3. V4 is translated by another friend of v2's translator, who became the proofreader of v4, once v4's done, they will go back and finish translate v3 (if it's still not done).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrypokstick (Post 3412841)
From what i know it takes Ichika 2 volumes to complete his harem. And unlike typical male harem leads who is the subject of the hatred and jealousy of fellow male friends and acquaintances, since this is a female school its actually his harem thats getting all the glares and spite from all the other female classmates, only thing he has to worry about is that his own rather dangerous and psychotic harem.

WE ALL KNOW THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT AND AWESOME PERSON (probably the strongest) IN THAT HAREM WILL DOMINATE THEM ALL. I doubt anyone would dare to even look at her the wrong way =P.

To be honest, I'm really surprised because this is looking like a true harem, instead of the pseudo guy-with-one-true-love-but-with-30-million-girls-liking-him type of harem

Hell_ping 2010-12-29 10:23

To quote my post on B-T:

Quote:

After checking out the information, I might want to do a teaser if possible after I've seen the anime (not like I'm been seeing many anyway).
Also, most likely, I'll go for one volume, and I'll see the response to it, but there's no guarantee that I'll be doing this project, and if I am, I'll prefer to do it with a translation group this time (if anyone can recommend me one that has shown interest in it).

cyberdemon 2010-12-29 19:37

how's the author's health doing?

kuroishinigami 2010-12-30 12:49

better it seems. Vol 6 already come out 24th this month. Still no date set yet for next volume.

Key Board 2010-12-31 12:32

I just read the synopses for this show

You know.. one of the things I loved about Strike Witches is that ideology, nationalism and politics are ignored in that show

With IS, at least from the synopses that I have read implies that there's a considerably thick "boo hoo.. the world is bullying on Japan. We are the victims of this war" mentality

I this just played for gags or will this prevent me for enjoying this story?

asaqe 2010-12-31 15:28

It will be played for gags, it aint Hyakka Ryouran that's for sure