AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Astrana 2008-02-11 15:22

ye, cant wait till my shipment!!!

beamknight87 2008-02-11 16:44

bleh, the Eins doesn't have beam saber effect parts, screw it I'm not buying you lol

When will the HGUC Nu Gundam appear on the shelves?

FRS 2008-02-11 18:00

I am crossing my fingers for a 1/144 or 1/100 Artillery Tieren :o

LightningZERO 2008-02-11 19:03

After what happened in episode 18, I'm not sure if I should get the Throne Eins :heh:

Mr Chow 2008-02-11 21:44

That's great looking panel effects on the Strike, what technique did you use to show panel shading and the metallic effect on the rifle and body? Cheers

Mr Chow 2008-02-11 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanzer (Post 1389103)
If you're doing re-wiring, might want to consider switching the LED to a brighter one too. The packaged LEDs are much dimmer to conserve battery power. Just drop by the local electronic parts store and look for a 5V LED with intensity of 5000 mcd or higher rating. You can also consider getting a white LED then color the clear plastic piece between the eyes and tip of the head with different colors!

Example:
http://flickr.com/photos/12698178@N0...7601872440042/

I ended up coloring mine with blue on top and orange for the eyes. Easy mod :)

Sorry for being a N00b! I replied to this previously but... I like the shading effects on the body armour and rifle, how did you achieve this effect. If you don't mind me asking! Cheers:D

Mr Chow 2008-02-11 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Mister (Post 1390236)
Why Hello There.

I've always had a fondness for the various Gundam series, but I've never actually collected any scale model kits before now. However, I feel like starting the hobby of collecting kits now, and I want some advice.

I think I'm going to pick up a Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam, because it's the first Gundam I was introduced to. What I'd like is a guide to painting and inking model kits, as I want to do it justice when I get it. can anyone help me with this?

Hi there. The master grade was the first ones that I started with a few years back, and due to cost here in NZ I was only able to collect the odd one every month or so. But once my confidence improved and felt good enough to progress... I started collect the PG versions!! The Master Grade versions are great for newbies, and also try investing in good quality paints (water based is the best) and brushes; just try to spend for better quality here!

Another investment I was able to was an Airbrush system; I use an Tamiya basic system for work and a couple of extra airbrush guns. And you can't go wrong without some Gundam markers, but practice makes perfect as the saying goes...

Just have fun with your new hobby; I'm an old guy and still love building robots!! :p

Cheers

Duo Maxwell 2008-02-11 22:06

The unpainted Throne Eins looks good ( maybe it dunt have much colors so the unpainted one still look good :D ) , but its mega launcher's color is a little simple compare to the painted one , isnt it ?
Anyway , gotta get this baby for sure :D
Hope Bandai will make plan for 1/100 Graham Flag soon :">

Astrana 2008-02-12 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 1394054)
The unpainted Throne Eins looks good ( maybe it dunt have much colors so the unpainted one still look good :D ) , but its mega launcher's color is a little simple compare to the painted one , isnt it ?
Anyway , gotta get this baby for sure :D

lol, to be honest i am not really a big fan of throne, but since i am collecting most of the 00 HG i am getting all 3 thrones as well - but i might end up liking it ( i thought Taozi tieren was tedious looking, until i finished building it today, it's actually pretty sweet. cant wait till the space type to come out)

i think they will have bunch 1/100 like they did with seed/destiny

i am curious which gundam from 00 will make it into MGs...;)

U<3Anime 2008-02-12 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 1394054)

Co-sign

After watching episode 18, my love for Granham Custom has sky-rocketed! Bandai BETTER make a 1/100 version. I mean they even made one for Lunamaria zaku, so it will be stupid if they don't make one for Custom Flag. >=(

Duo Maxwell 2008-02-12 06:33

and include a shining tattoo sticker with the model too , that will be great :D
I havent bought 1/144 Graham Flag yet , but seems like it didnt have the shining tattoo sticker :(

LoweGear 2008-02-12 06:56

On other news:

1/100 Gundam Virtue + Nadleeh on Gundambase

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1393691)
After what happened in episode 18, I'm not sure if I should get the Throne Eins :heh:

The best reason to get one:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...neEins-421.jpg

duotiga 2008-02-12 07:04

Upcoming merchandise pics
From The Gundam Base.Side 1:

Bandai Hobby Sales Manual March

from Gunota

Anyone wants this?

HG1/144 Astrea weapons plus Exia mod

http://www.nano-work.com/news.htm

Sciel 2008-02-12 10:49

About done with 1/100 Dynames , Just need to finish off the extra armor .
The green color on its armor seems rather dark compared to the anime/manual though.

LightningZERO 2008-02-12 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 1394790)

Nadleeh's hair is horrible. Especially in this picture
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2...rtue015it6.jpg

Astrana 2008-02-12 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1395320)

lol, tentacle gundam!!!

U<3Anime 2008-02-12 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1395320)

UGGGHHH PLAY DOUGH HAIR!

I can so imagine people replacing that hair with some other material when they get it.

philmein 2008-02-12 17:12

For those that own the 1/100 Exia, is it worth getting it?
I'm contemplating whether I should wait until an MG version of Exia is released (if ever) or get this 1/100 version. Are there any flaws with the 1/100 that I should be concerned with?

Mister Mister 2008-02-12 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1394796)
Upcoming merchandise pics
From The Gundam Base.Side 1:

Bandai Hobby Sales Manual March

I saw at least 2 new zaku kits.

Judge Bao 2008-02-12 20:02

Do any know if HGUC Nu Gundam will have the transparent funnel stand? just like HG legend gundam

Duo Maxwell 2008-02-12 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sciel (Post 1395042)
About done with 1/100 Dynames , Just need to finish off the extra armor .
The green color on its armor seems rather dark compared to the anime/manual though.

I m going to get a 1/100 Dynames soon , so may I ask if it's worth getting it or not ? Are there any flaws with the kit that I should be concerned with ?

U<3Anime 2008-02-12 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1395661)
For those that own the 1/100 Exia, is it worth getting it?
I'm contemplating whether I should wait until an MG version of Exia is released (if ever) or get this 1/100 version. Are there any flaws with the 1/100 that I should be concerned with?

Many modelers have said that proportion-wise, the 1/100 is not as good as the 1/144 HG. I have seen a side by side comparison pic between those 2 and honestly, I can't really see the flaws of the 1/100 that most people have pointed out. The only difference that I really notice is the head. 1/144 HG Exia's head has a much more menacing look than the 1/100 Exia.

Astrana 2008-02-12 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by U<3Anime (Post 1396116)
Many modelers have said that proportion-wise, the 1/100 is not as good as the 1/144 HG. I have seen a side by side comparison pic between those 2 and honestly, I can't really see the flaws of the 1/100 that most people have pointed out. The only difference that I really notice is the head. 1/144 HG Exia's head has a much more menacing look than the 1/100 Exia.

http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0101/p/0101_81.jpg

(side by side picture)

I only have the 1/144 HG version but I've looked at the 1/100 hundred times.
I noticed the heard first... but i couldnt find an flaw neither, but the 1/100 version makes me uncomfortable.

Duo Maxwell 2008-02-13 00:15

after looked at the pic , I thought that they had painted too much for the 1/100 , especially those small part of the legs , and that makes it looks crap >_>
and the 1/100's head , I wonder if they had put the eye sticker in the right position or not , 'cause the eyes's positions are not balanced on the head
I noticed 1 thing of the 1/100 is better than the 1/144's , it's the shoulders . 1/100's are smaller ( compare to its body ) so they looks more balance than the 1/144's . I only have the 1/144 HG version and it's shoulders are little too big that remind me of Legend's and Providence's shoulders lolz
anyway , the side by side picture is just a compared picture between an unpainted 1/144 HG and a painted 1/100 so it's hard for me to comment on them :)

sword.impulse 2008-02-13 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 1396314)
after looked at the pic , I thought that they had painted too much for the 1/100 , especially those small part of the legs , and that makes it looks crap >_>
and the 1/100's head , I wonder if they had put the eye sticker in the right position or not , 'cause the eyes's positions are not balanced on the head
I noticed 1 thing of the 1/100 is better than the 1/144's , it's the shoulders . 1/100's are smaller ( compare to its body ) so they looks more balance than the 1/144's . I only have the 1/144 HG version and it's shoulders are little too big that remind me of Legend's and Providence's shoulders lolz
anyway , the side by side picture is just a compared picture between an unpainted 1/144 HG and a painted 1/100 so it's hard for me to comment on them :)

yeah, that is true. but dalong just uses gundam marker for panel lining, never any major paint jobs. still makes a difference, but i thought id point that out.

well, i just ordered my PG strike and felt generous to myself and ordered the 1/100 Exia as well. Ill put that together first and share with you guys and my thoughts on it. If it comes later this week i should be done early next week.:eyespin:

beamknight87 2008-02-13 01:05

Nadleeh looks fairly ok... except for its Play Dooh, I simply wouldn't attach it to the head, bet looks good enough without it but still, I prefer fatass Virtue lol.
On the other hand, recently I saw with my own eyes the size of the GP-01 PG box, wtf, I bet you could fit a little kid inside that monster o_O. Also, the 1/144 METEOR unit I came across is quite the big thing

philmein 2008-02-13 01:12

Anyone know what Dalong comments are in regards to the 1/100 Exia?

Personally, the quality of the 1/100 Exia looks fabulous. Looks near-MG quality to me. Compared to the previous 1/100 model kits (a bit chunky), these 00 Gundams are proportional to what we see in the anime. The detail of Exia is pretty damn good too. I am seriously tempted on buying it....

Astrana 2008-02-13 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1396392)
Anyone know what Dalong comments are in regards to the 1/100 Exia?

Personally, the quality of the 1/100 Exia looks fabulous. Looks near-MG quality to me. Compared to the previous 1/100 model kits (a bit chunky), these 00 Gundams are proportional to what we see in the anime. The detail of Exia is pretty damn good too. I am seriously tempted on buying it....

after using google translating tools

Sid is different from seed.

HG be upgraded to get out of that bunch eksiahga jeonjak than 1 / 100 eksiah moahwat too many expectations.
Also, as expected, 1 / 100 eksiahneun so-called "missing frames MG" closer to the left.

Once the 1 / 100 of the virtues can do so much more than HG kkomkkomhan saekbunhal because keolreopul been compromised. Of course, some parts of the GN sodeuna saekbunhalyi (almost intentionally), a place less often, but it is very nice if it could be this bad.

Initially, the eye is too pro ttuiyineun posyeon. Mudeunggeup past, the 1 / 100 is reasonably proportionate to the big head and munanhan created, quite apart from MG yalssanghago slim, it is Bandai's strategy was. However, 1 / 100 MG eksiahneun almost completely like a similar procedure to close posyeon created. MG's trademark small head, sleeker, longer legs, the body yalssanghaejin etc. .. I feel much more sophisticated pros posyeon warrant.

Additionally, the outer gloves, and the details are almost MG prevent differences, in part molded parts and delicately engraved on the detail. It is not only frames, the MG oejangman not LA, nothing has seemed awkward. In particular portion of the bridge, the wire bonding waenmankeum MG way to cover all the parts were designed. Past 1 / 100 in a wire bonding, as Sergeant left the show, but definitely the feeling that something has changed.

And actually assemble it, the recent MG chusein seumeulseumeul feel kkiwoji is still alive because of the snap Tight sonmat is very good, above all improved dramatically in gadongseong surprise. Once MG car with a rating of 90 levels of consciousness always a limit to the heater walked kkeokimyi limbs, joints and all dual jeophim is nearing almost completely changed. Unfortunately, just in front of the skirt, gloves keeps rising each tripped, falling to the winds of some aemaehagin hip joint, but instead of legs slightly apart almost ongbak Indeed nikik level as possible.

But shoulders on both sides of the body parts of the characteristics mungtaengyiro umjikyideon ttaengttaengyi Gundam, save for a slightly weakened sense saekbunhalgwa moldings. Moving around at the top and bottom shoulder range is narrower than HG, as well as FG win. FG did not know how. Namneyo somewhat regret about this.

Total bottom line is, in the past 1 / 100 should not be compared at all with MG-level operation has been realized, you can see the castle. The bridge is going sideways rather than the more natural position in a stable position MG waenmanhan they are implemented. Seven distinctive and eksiah so faithfully implemented in all the way around, and the GN sodeuna Shield gimikgwa saekbunhaldo been compromised even more perfect.

Far as picking up the shortcomings of a few, once the blade is equipped with GN side to the weak fixed at less well. And parts of the hip joint that connects the fixed teunteunhaji did not make it, basically hip joint itself is a problem and some durability. Heolgeoungeon not ... Vice side of the bridge connecting parts of the hip joint action poses at the combine keeps a weak buy. This portion of the bond should be placed in a stable position to seize paste. It later re-assemble and disassemble enough parity, so you can attach it, in any way round parts of the hip joint attaching recommends that the combined wealth of Bond.

HG symptoms, but also a little bit like that again, the invisible parts of the limbs fixed some circles for being weak. The bridge is fine, but the problem, but palbubunyi. I just put it out of operation, laying sipsangin seemed to lose it away. I won a few times in the waist and throw guphyeo found.

So, rather yibubun Bond put throw, or from the hollow parts reonneo after tteeonaen deliberately when the gate is a little less dadeumeul dadeum yugyeok Go to ppakppakhage is recommended. This marks a remarkable bond, it is a little concerned that if the gate is left with the above method is recommended jam, and the potato is almost part of the security plans, anyway, because the gate is not a big problem. Note that these transparent plastic parts joripbeop applied in all possible kkongsu ttaengttaengyi HG or higher grade.

Back on the bridge in front of the skirt was raised again when jalppajipnida too. This is often what happens kitdeuleseo operation are good, but ... But I thought this was more kkeol wish I need to tell them.

The overall strength of the joints is a very affordable and good, you might have inherited blood seed MG series of ankle-blowing Joe ohgeum feel weak. If the center is well anmateu from kkeokyideogunyo ankle. Still Strike MG / Freedom / seurideom, rather than insolvency was indestructible, I guess the ankle joints ^ ^;

, As shown in the photo above, 1 / 00 impeolseuwa sewodu together, it seemed to many to see MG and mudeunggeup gap. In fact, if you ask the hands containing 1 / 100 eksiah feel this way is quite heavy deuljeongdoro MG haejyeo closer to home. "MG missing frames" of the title is 1 / 100 eksiahreul watching, what the hell later on when MG eksiahga Why'd you want to do this, how to make absurd daedanhage haenwatna sipgin the upgrade.

These same MG 1 / 100 is, how can you say the major Bandai geonpeura MG seemed a better shave. MG is the basic frame of a recent full-length, but the mechanic jugon clamped enthusiasts desire recklessly. On the other hand, due to the frame structure falls well throw gloves, the assembly process is not difficult or compl

you can probably guess the untranslated words and get a general idea

philmein 2008-02-13 01:55

Thanks man.
That was pretty hard to read, but I guess I understood a bit.

He mentioned that the hip joints were a problem. How so?

Sciel 2008-02-13 02:27

PS : I'm terrible at taking pictures :upset: .

I think the review may be talking about the GN Long Blade and Short Blade . The blades are fairly loose when attached to the hips and tend to fall off quite a lot when posing.

1/100 Kyrios coming tomorrow :p

sword.impulse 2008-02-13 02:42

thanks for the pics sciel, makes me feel like i made a good choice on ordering mine.

philmein 2008-02-13 02:45

So, would you recommend the Exia Sciel?

Sciel 2008-02-13 03:01

Definetely , especially for the price [:

LightningZERO 2008-02-13 03:10

I'm waiting for the MG instead :D

LoweGear 2008-02-13 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1396531)
I'm waiting for the MG instead :D

Long ago, I would also have waited for a MG Exia. But now...

*waiting for MG Graham Custom Union Flag*

philmein 2008-02-13 03:23

Y'know, I, too, would wait for an MG version of Exia, but I'm predicting a few years or so before one will be released. Patience is NOT my virtue.

btw, many thanks Sciel. I probably will end up buying it soon. It is price-friendly indeed.

sword.impulse 2008-02-13 03:55

if a MG comes out, my plan will be to get it, but paint it in rollout colors since ill have the 1/100 already. IMO the rollout color is just awesome.

Sciel 2008-02-13 04:24

1) The beam sabers that are supposed to be stored in those "things" pointing out of Dyname's can't be properly stored . They are loose as hell .

2) The GM sniper rifle feels rather flimsy . Even when you insert a joint on of the sniper rifle into Dyname's arm . As show in http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0102/p/0102_31.jpg
It still feels rather loose .

EDIT : OOps , forgot to stick the red v-fin stickers -.-

EXEs 2008-02-13 04:42

Dayuummm, I wanna get Thrones Zwei when it comes out next month, looks pretty nice.

Duo Maxwell 2008-02-13 04:44

then 1/100 Dynames is hard to use his sniper rifle with just one hand , isn it ? My MG RX-78-5 also has the same problem , since he cant carry the giant gatling with just 1 hand either T_T
Except of the beam saber storage and sniper rifle-one hand carrying , are there any problem with joints ?:D
About 1/100 Exia , the GN short blade and long blade are just like my 1/144's , they usually fall off everytime when I tried to make a pose , so I always take off those 1st , then make the pose and attach them to the hips again +_+