AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Astrana 2008-02-28 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Mister (Post 1429732)
so my paycheck comes in tomorrow and I think i'll splurge on a Master Grade. I don't have a huge amount to spare, so the high-price ones like the Sazabi aren't viable. so, good forumites, I ask you: whats a good MG kit, preferably Universal Century, thats in the ballpark of $50 dollars?

MMMMmmm....

I would say MK-II 2.0 or Ez8, these are my 2 favorite MGs hehehe

sword.impulse 2008-02-28 23:30

Turn-A was very fun to construct as well, much worth the money.

beamknight87 2008-02-29 00:13

mustache Gundam was never liked by me, but its the Gundam with the highest score in dalong, so it must mean something lol

Rey Za Burrel 2008-02-29 00:59

how about unicorn ? :)
If my calculation is right then 5k yen < 50$ ( about 45-46 $ , havent included the shipping fee yet :P )

sword.impulse 2008-02-29 01:29

I thought Unicorn was about 60 US?

I just recommend Turn A because of all the fun stuff to play with. The rifle has its moveable parts, the chest leaves many options of configuration, like whether you want to put "laura's cow" in there or the missiles, etc.

MakubeX2 2008-02-29 01:51

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6...9056383vr0.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6...9107824nm8.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...9148746nm7.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3...9189178mp5.jpg

I was searching for wires with the right shade of red and this was the best I could find. Although flexible, I find them too thin and the result makes it as if Nadleeh is having a bad hair day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1429396)
And you went ahead and got yourself a new Nadleeh for that purpose alone? That's hardcore, dude! I salute you! XD

The vast difference in the design between Virtue and Nadleeh comples those who wants a complete collection for their 1/100 modles of mechs in the 00 line to get 2 sets of this kit.

And then, there's me who wants to show people here how fugly the Nadleeh is without the panel linings. Much less need to be said about the Virtue.

sword.impulse 2008-02-29 02:32

makube that hair looks awesome and realistic, cant wait to see the finished pics.

Sir Dearka 2008-02-29 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawton_Anime (Post 1429809)
A few of pictures, excuse the kitchen please:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...elhazelGC1.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...elhazelGC2.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/gundam-1.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ndamhazel1.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ndamhazel2.png

Alas you will not yet see a picture of my Hi-Nu Gundam, its the only Master Grade version I have bought yet, and that was only a week ago.

I can barely see anything on those pictures ;)

Mk-II is without doubt a great choice. To me, a busy man, it also means less time devoted for panel lines :P

As for Turn A, I've never hided the fact that I don't like its design. I prefer Turn X from the same series. If I was searching for a kit "to play with" because of its intricacies, I'd rather choose Zaku 2.0.

Astrana 2008-02-29 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1430082)
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6...9056383vr0.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6...9107824nm8.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2...9148746nm7.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3...9189178mp5.jpg

I was searching for wires with the right shade of red and this was the best I could find. Although flexible, I find them too thin and the result makes it as if Nadleeh is having a bad hair day.



The vast difference in the design between Virtue and Nadleeh comples those who wants a complete collection for their 1/100 modles of mechs in the 00 line to get 2 sets of this kit.

And then, there's me who wants to show people here how fugly the Nadleeh is without the panel linings. Much less need to be said about the Virtue.


Hahahaha, nice!! did you try find some barbies with red hair??

MakubeX2 2008-02-29 18:21

HGUC Nu OOB Build :-

http://shop.hobbyist-inc.com/item/4543112531438_01.jpg
http://blog.lalabit.com/hobbycenter/...g/08022901.jpg
http://blog.lalabit.com/hobbycenter/...g/08022902.jpg
http://blog.lalabit.com/hobbycenter/...g/08022903.jpg

beamknight87 2008-02-29 21:12

hey, that HGUC Nu looks quite good, can't wait to get one.

Still no Unicorn, damn >_<, but I got one RX-78-2 OYW version, seems like a pretty solid build once 100% accomplished, I was quite interested in the leg frame, is like a miniature of the PG version

LoweGear 2008-02-29 23:53


LightningZERO 2008-03-01 00:57

March looks to be a busy month. GN Arms and Nu Gundam is going to cost me much :D

philmein 2008-03-01 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1431528)
hey, that HGUC Nu looks quite good, can't wait to get one.

Still no Unicorn, damn >_<, but I got one RX-78-2 OYW version, seems like a pretty solid build once 100% accomplished, I was quite interested in the leg frame, is like a miniature of the PG version

Just one question, are there any substantial flaws to be concerned about with the OYW version? I'm about to get one after all the talk about it. Not to mention, I've been watching 0079 and grown too fond of it. Awesome show btw..

LoweGear 2008-03-01 01:09

Since I'm impatient in waiting for Bandai Hobby's English Site...

Anyone willing to translate this bunch of runes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandai Hobby Japan
●エクシアが操る最大武装“GNアームズ”がHGシリーズで登場
●合体・可変武装により最終決戦を完全再現
●付属のHGガンダムエクシアは劇中に合わせ特殊仕様を再現
●大型GNソードは劇中同様フレキシブルに可動、GNキャノンは砲身が伸縮可能
●GNアームズ、GNアーマー両形態でディスプレイ可能なスタンド付属


Ottocycle 2008-03-01 01:16

- Combining, interchangeable armaments come just like they are presented in the final battle
- Comes with attachable Exia specially made in gattai configuration(That's what I think it says, I feel it's too good to be true though)
- Big version GN sword can be swung like in the show, GN cannon extendable
- Comes with stand

LoweGear 2008-03-01 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 1431876)
- Combining, interchangeable armaments come just like they are presented in the final battle
- Comes with attachable Exia specially made in gattai configuration(That's what I think it says, I feel it's too good to be true though)
- Big version GN sword can be swung like in the show, GN cannon extendable
- Comes with stand

Thanks, at least it confirms some of the features of the GN-Arms :nod:

lanzer 2008-03-01 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1431528)
hey, that HGUC Nu looks quite good, can't wait to get one.

Still no Unicorn, damn >_<, but I got one RX-78-2 OYW version, seems like a pretty solid build once 100% accomplished, I was quite interested in the leg frame, is like a miniature of the PG version

The RX-78 is definitely a great decision. I've just finished my Unicorn and I gotta say that of all the MG I've got, I'm least happy about the unicorn... Partly because it didn't belong to any stories that is familiar to me, but also because most of the emphasis and effort were put on the transforming armor. The concept is cool, but it takes forever to transform from one stage to another, and if you've painted the model, then you probably don't want to transform again to avoid scratching the paint... There are no inner frame, and articulation is limited after the armor has expanded. My model just end up staying in a stand still pose all the time. :O

I've ranted enough. :p Next model is going to be a PG MKII, which should be a lot more fun. :D

duotiga 2008-03-01 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 1431848)
March looks to be a busy month. GN Arms and Nu Gundam is going to cost me much :D

Gn Arms i might delay to get but HGUC Nu & Throne Zwei i be getting this mth....

duotiga 2008-03-01 02:35

more on MG Launcher/Sword Strike

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...ime/strike.jpg

ReverseFate 2008-03-01 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 1431876)
- Combining, interchangeable armaments come just like they are presented in the final battle
- Comes with attachable Exia specially made in gattai configuration(That's what I think it says, I feel it's too good to be true though)
- Big version GN sword can be swung like in the show, GN cannon extendable
- Comes with stand

Hmm, I like the sound of that. Would have been much more desirable if it was cheaper, but I guess I would still get it =)

beamknight87 2008-03-01 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1431860)
Just one question, are there any substantial flaws to be concerned about with the OYW version? I'm about to get one after all the talk about it. Not to mention, I've been watching 0079 and grown too fond of it. Awesome show btw..


mmm the PS2 version colors of the armor (especially the red) looks extremely dull to me (but the anime version are TOO bright lol), no doubt I will have to paint the model to give it a little more bright tone. Second, to separate the legs from the runners is a pain in the ass, kinda reminded me of the hands of the PG Strike and finally, no core fighter system but guess that you already knew lol
Aside that it looks like its a very solid model. Most of the armor requires panel lining, the Gundam Hammer is pure win, I think I will pain the chain silver to make it more astounding and another detail that surprised me ia the head: much bigger than the average MG Gundam, I had the Destiny to compare with and man, the RX-78-2 is one bighead :heh:
Oh, and also the construction manual is full colored lol >_<.

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-01 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 1431860)
Just one question, are there any substantial flaws to be concerned about with the OYW version? I'm about to get one after all the talk about it. Not to mention, I've been watching 0079 and grown too fond of it. Awesome show btw..

There are no flaws in particular to be worried about, aside from extensive panel lining and choosing your desired color scheme, as beamknight87 have mentioned already. You won't be disappointed with it; it is one of the best MGs out there, after all. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 1431876)
- Combining, interchangeable armaments come just like they are presented in the final battle
- Comes with attachable Exia specially made in gattai configuration(That's what I think it says, I feel it's too good to be true though)
- Big version GN sword can be swung like in the show, GN cannon extendable
- Comes with stand

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is "gattai configuration?" And has there been an announcement already concerning the price?

Ottocycle 2008-03-01 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1432769)
I apologize for my ignorance, but what is "gattai configuration?" And has there been an announcement already concerning the price?

Literally translated the line actually means "HG Exia that comes together with it is in a special configuration to be used together with the GN-Arms",
which I interpret to be having the necessary slots and latches to be able to attach to the GN-Arms, which the currently sold HG Exia doesn't have.
I highly doubt that though, since some of the fans who bought HG Exia alone would definitely feel cheated.

I wouldn't know about the price though. What say you, Lowe?

Spitfire 2008-03-01 12:27

I have a feeling though that the Exia with the GN Arm's doesn't have all its weapons with it though. It might just be base Exia.

philmein 2008-03-01 14:38

Thanks beamknight as well as UnknownAce. I'll probably go for the PS2 version since the color appeals more to me.

beamknight87 2008-03-01 22:12

OK, let me present you what is going to be my last Gundam related acquisition in a loooong time:

The GFF 17b Z Plus
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4...0199vq0.th.jpg

Ok, the reason I got this bad boy was 'cause I simply love this Z variant. Its awesomely cool in my opinion, strange given that I have never been a fan of the original Z Gundam model...

Anyways, the box is 2 times thicker than the average GFF, which isn't a surprise given the contents of this thing. I went directly for the C1 (Bst) WAVE RIDER configuration out of the 6 possible ones this model can form (Z Plus A1, A1 WAVE RIDER, Z Plus C1, C1 WAVE RIDER, Z Plus C1 (Bst) & C1 (Bst) WAVE RIDER).
I must say it wasn't easy, since the instruction "manual" isn't all that detailed and one therefore has to do a process of try and error to fully understand the mechanism of this monster, especially the legs, which are a pain to assemble in this ultimate form >_<.
However, the result is VERY impressive, its one hell of a model. If you don't believe me check out some pictures I took of it:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...0200jq1.th.jpghttp://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6...0202ew5.th.jpghttp://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6...0204pp1.th.jpghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6...0205rq0.th.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7...0206ss0.th.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3...0207fr2.th.jpghttp://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7...0208ft3.th.jpg

As you can see, the smart beam gun is quite long, asking for the model to get a lot of space jojo. My only complaint is the normal beam rifle mounted of top of the Z, the peg that attaches it to the suit is so tiny that it ends up inclined towards the long gun, making it look a bit retarded in my opinion -_-

Size comparison:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...0209gm0.th.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3...0210hl4.th.jpg
In short, a extremely worthy buy, never thought a variant of a quite light mobile suit could look this bulky and menacing ^^

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5...0211lm9.th.jpg
What's this last shot you ask? Well, as I said, this will be my last Gundam related buy, since the boxes you see there contain all the gunplas I have bought while I have been here on Canada (Destiny, Hi-Nu, 1/100 Alteisen, PG Strike + Skygrasper, Strike IWSP, Zaku II 2.0 and RX-78-2 OYW). Maybe its a little too much, but I decided to go ahead and get them since acquiring this beauties back there in Mexico is insanely difficult and even more expensive lol, guess I will have something to entertain myself for a couple of months once I return.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...0212ol3.th.jpg
Oh yeah, pieces that are left behind of the Z Plus if you do the configuration I did. Had they included only another torso and head one could have pulled off either another Z Plus A1, A1 WAVE RIDER or Z Plus C1... that the drawback of the GFF's, you are left with 80% or more pieces to build up another suit -_-

Critias 2008-03-01 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1431950)

Launcher doesn't look right. I understand the need to make it look MG-ish but it doesn't look accurate as a result...

ReverseFate 2008-03-01 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1433811)
OK, let me present you what is going to be my last Gundam related acquisition in a loooong time:

The GFF 17b Z Plus
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4...0199vq0.th.jpg

Ok, the reason I got this bad boy was 'cause I simply love this Z variant. Its awesomely cool in my opinion, strange given that I have never been a fan of the original Z Gundam model...

Anyways, the box is 2 times thicker than the average GFF, which isn't a surprise given the contents of this thing. I went directly for the C1 (Bst) WAVE RIDER configuration out of the 6 possible ones this model can form (Z Plus A1, A1 WAVE RIDER, Z Plus C1, C1 WAVE RIDER, Z Plus C1 (Bst) & C1 (Bst) WAVE RIDER).
I must say it wasn't easy, since the instruction "manual" isn't all that detailed and one therefore has to do a process of try and error to fully understand the mechanism of this monster, especially the legs, which are a pain to assemble in this ultimate form >_<.
However, the result is VERY impressive, its one hell of a model. If you don't believe me check out some pictures I took of it:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6...0200jq1.th.jpghttp://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6...0202ew5.th.jpghttp://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6...0204pp1.th.jpghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6...0205rq0.th.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7...0206ss0.th.jpghttp://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3...0207fr2.th.jpghttp://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7...0208ft3.th.jpg

As you can see, the smart beam gun is quite long, asking for the model to get a lot of space jojo. My only complaint is the normal beam rifle mounted of top of the Z, the peg that attaches it to the suit is so tiny that it ends up inclined towards the long gun, making it look a bit retarded in my opinion -_-

Size comparison:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...0209gm0.th.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3...0210hl4.th.jpg
In short, a extremely worthy buy, never thought a variant of a quite light mobile suit could look this bulky and menacing ^^

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5...0211lm9.th.jpg
What's this last shot you ask? Well, as I said, this will be my last Gundam related buy, since the boxes you see there contain all the gunplas I have bought while I have been here on Canada (Destiny, Hi-Nu, 1/100 Alteisen, PG Strike + Skygrasper, Strike IWSP, Zaku II 2.0 and RX-78-2 OYW). Maybe its a little too much, but I decided to go ahead and get them since acquiring this beauties back there in Mexico is insanely difficult and even more expensive lol, guess I will have something to entertain myself for a couple of months once I return.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...0212ol3.th.jpg
Oh yeah, pieces that are left behind of the Z Plus if you do the configuration I did. Had they included only another torso and head one could have pulled off either another Z Plus A1, A1 WAVE RIDER or Z Plus C1... that the drawback of the GFF's, you are left with 80% or more pieces to build up another suit -_-

Wow, that looks great. Makes me want to get one, though I don't think I can afford one as of now...lol

LightningZERO 2008-03-02 00:30

Wow. GFFs do look nice. But I guess they're kinda pricey and hard to find for me

beamknight87 2008-03-02 01:14

Yeah, the GFF are a little costly but thankfully I had been saving up a good chunk of money for some time to buy all this stuff. Now I'm just missing another GFF X-3 and awaiting to see how the next figure in the line, Gundam Mk III turns out to see if its worth getting it or not.

Another thing, don't be fooled by the fact the GFF are made of PVC and plastic, these things are FREAKING fragile. My past comments about the Musha Gundam and its joint of the right arm are proof enough, also, the tip of the Zambuster beam blade of the Crossbone X-3 recently kinda almost broke off when I accidentally put it under too much spare parts (guess that little weight almost f****d up it -_-) and this Z Plus wasn't spared either: the special legs for attaching the massive fuel tanks require SO much pressure to fit with each other that a little piece of plastic that is... "bitten" by a plate of the waist armor to prevent the thing from separating broke off x_X. My original idea was to see how all the 6 modes of this beast looked, but after that and the freaking HALF AN HOUR it took me to build up this thing I'm simply not running the risk lol

Edit:
By the way, after watching this Z Plus for a while, it kinda reminds me of the R-Gun Powered in the Metal Genocider Mode lol >_<

Sir Dearka 2008-03-02 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1433811)
Size comparison:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...0209gm0.th.jpghttp://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3...0210hl4.th.jpg
In short, a extremely worthy buy, never thought a variant of a quite light mobile suit could look this bulky and menacing ^^

What's the character next to the GFF. Is it the Zeta plus pilot? :)

As for MG Strike... the launcher seems kinda bulky to me in comparison to the one in the series. Looks nice, though. :D I'm not sure if the question was already answered, but is this kit going to be released with all the 3 packs in one set?

duotiga 2008-03-02 08:13

no, just the launcher & sword pack together

Sir Dearka 2008-03-02 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1434592)
no, just the launcher & sword pack together

Ooh, now this makes my choice a little harder...

Rey Za Burrel 2008-03-02 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 1434598)
Ooh, now this makes my choice a little harder...

if u have the MG Aile Strike then maybe the new Strike can be equipped with that Aile Strike Pack :heh:

Sir Dearka 2008-03-02 10:49

Yup. The fact is... I only have a HG Aile strike :D

And I don't feel like buying two MG. Ah welll... I stick to my next probablre purchase which'd be Titan's Mk-II or Hyaku Shiki.

beamknight87 2008-03-02 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 1434552)
What's the character next to the GFF. Is it the Zeta plus pilot? :)

It is supposed that the Z Plus pilot was Amuro but its not confirmed. The figurine there is one of Kyosuke Nanbu that was included with the 1/100 Alteisen

Shiro-Oh! 2008-03-02 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by humbug23 (Post 1432794)
Literally translated the line actually means "HG Exia that comes together with it is in a special configuration to be used together with the GN-Arms",
which I interpret to be having the necessary slots and latches to be able to attach to the GN-Arms, which the currently sold HG Exia doesn't have.
I highly doubt that though, since some of the fans who bought HG Exia alone would definitely feel cheated.

I see. You could be right about the included Exia having necessary "slots and latches" for it to be compatible with the GN-Arms. That's what they did to MG Hyaku Shiki + Ballute system; the Hyaku Shiki was basically the same model as the first one, having only the slots and the color as the main differences. Thanks by the way. =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamknight87 (Post 1433811)
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5...0211lm9.th.jpg
What's this last shot you ask? Well, as I said, this will be my last Gundam related buy, since the boxes you see there contain all the gunplas I have bought while I have been here on Canada (Destiny, Hi-Nu, 1/100 Alteisen, PG Strike + Skygrasper, Strike IWSP, Zaku II 2.0 and RX-78-2 OYW). Maybe its a little too much, but I decided to go ahead and get them since acquiring this beauties back there in Mexico is insanely difficult and even more expensive lol, guess I will have something to entertain myself for a couple of months once I return.

I know what you mean, dude. When I visited the Philippines last year, I spent half of my pocket money just in Gunpla alone, mostly HGUCs and a couple of MGs. ^_^;

Meehlimo 2008-03-02 16:23

Wait so the launcher n sword strike r comming together in one model or seperate?? i currently have 3 strike models.. iswp aile n noir. if they do come together i guess i wouldnt mind buying it one more time.. lol..

duotiga 2008-03-02 17:44

MG Strike Gundam + Sword Striker & Launcher Striker - April, 5,250 yen
frm Gunota


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.