AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Meehlimo 2007-06-28 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbui (Post 1015656)
Does't Unicorn Gundam look very similar to Huckbein, at least the legs/arms anyway ^^

yes ur right it very much does look like one.

duotiga 2007-06-28 19:32

MG Turn A Actual Colours from Tokyo Toy Show 2007

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...3046064710.jpg

Meehlimo 2007-06-28 22:09

Omg Fugly!

AlphaDragoon 2007-06-29 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 1013796)
Now THIS! IS WHAT GUNDAM SHOULD LOOK LIKE! man....i think i've just fallen in love...Unicorn gundam is one of those rare designs that are simply great and DEFINATELY deserves a MG remodel. Who is the designer anyway? This guy deserves a best design award!

Again...*cough*Weltall*cough*

The_Marshal_AEB 2007-06-29 12:25

I have started this "Freedom destruction" project 8 months ago

Only the base is still WIP where I applied some clay on the wooden base, painted it with navi blue, and will be applying the clear resin on diffrent layers and diffrent shades for a water effects ... maybe itll be completed by mid july (pretty busy)

Whats special here ? maybe nothing, just extending wings, canon, legs, and torso .... plus the damage of course (more pix later)

I have been working on assembling big number of gunpla all over this year and about to complete dio of MG Gyan and MG OYW Gundam (only details left )

subaruhess 2007-06-29 21:52

Not sure if you guys noticed but some of the initial gundam 00 model kits are 1/60th scale, gunota posted a bunch of links with photo reports. I'd personally like to see some 1/100 scale kits too but these look quite impressive, jointed hands by the looks of it too.

1/60th Excia

1/60 Virtue

1/60 Kyrios (cant remember the name of the green one)

duotiga 2007-06-29 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 1018471)
Not sure if you guys noticed but some of the initial gundam 00 model kits are 1/60th scale, gunota posted a bunch of links with photo reports. I'd personally like to see some 1/100 scale kits too but these look quite impressive, jointed hands by the looks of it too.

1/60th Excia

1/60 Virtue

1/60 Kyrios (cant remember the name of the green one)

Bandai's promotional plans for Gundam 00's MS In Action figures can be seen in a chart shown here. A large-scale campaign is planned starting in October after the program begins airing.

Frm Gunota

Anonymous Coward 2007-06-29 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo (Post 1017008)
Omg Fugly!

Well I wouldn't go that far, I'll admit it's not like the Turn A is going to win any beauty contests in the first place but it's not without it's own charm

looking good there Marshal, looking forward to seeing some more ^_^

Actually, seeings as I seem to be in a posting sorta' mood today I've got a question.
Has anyone delt with 1999.co.jp before? and how accurate was the stock status on their [english] website?
I'm looking at picking a few MGs but as [bad] luck would have it, HLJ (who I usually deal with) have them *all* on backorder ATM :eyebrow:

Cheers!

The_Marshal_AEB 2007-06-30 11:42

thnnx,
I have ordered from 1999 before but they canceled my order for no reason and when I called they told me My Card problem...
I did order huge quantities from HLJ twice and ya they just recognize that the item is not instock after placing the order ... full of delay
I enjoyed AMENBO.com/toj.html but they are closed for renewal :(

So am ordering from RainbowTEN now :D :D and they are soooo damn great !!!

Gundam Zero Force 2007-06-30 14:19

I don;t know why the the legs of the 1/60 Virtue reminds me of a dump truck for some reason . . . . . it just looks like a big container attached to the leg lol.

mangatron 2007-06-30 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force (Post 1019483)
I don;t know why the the legs of the 1/60 Virtue reminds me of a dump truck for some reason . . . . . it just looks like a big container attached to the leg lol.

Actually, it reminds me of something weirder. Both legs look like they used spare parts from the GP-02 Physalis's shield :heh:

Gundam Zero Force 2007-06-30 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 1019503)
Actually, it reminds me of something weirder. Both legs look like they used spare parts from the GP-02 Physalis's shield :heh:

now that you mention that yeah they do :p

Do you know if there is any purpose for such big legs?? Do they open up to reveal some kind of weapon or is that just a huge hunk of metal?? It seems awfully overbearing to pilot something like that. It should be called "Heavy legs" lol

mangatron 2007-06-30 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force (Post 1019511)
now that you mention that yeah they do :p

Do you know if there is any purpose for such big legs?? Do they open up to reveal some kind of weapon or is that just a huge hunk of metal?? It seems awfully overbearing to pilot something like that. It should be called "Heavy legs" lol

I have a funny thought. Perhaps both legs hold a large power source each, like.... a nuclear reactor :heh:

It sorta makes sense :heh:

Gundam Zero Force 2007-06-30 16:15

Quote:

I have a funny thought. Perhaps both legs hold a large power source each, like.... a nuclear reactor :heh:

It sorta makes sense :heh:
yeah they better have some sort of purpose or that is just a terrible design alltogther in my book. It makes sense if they actually have a purpose, but to make a Gundam with big blocky legs that do nothing makes no sense to me . . . .

Critias 2007-06-30 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force (Post 1019588)
yeah they better have some sort of purpose or that is just a terrible design alltogther in my book. It makes sense if they actually have a purpose, but to make a Gundam with big blocky legs that do nothing makes no sense to me . . . .

Maybe it has to do with the firepower. The extra mass in its feet could provide more stability when firing on the ground. And in zero grav, maybe they have extra booster power in them. It shouldn't be THAT big of a mystery. Just a physics thing.

Gundam Zero Force 2007-06-30 19:15

Quote:

Maybe it has to do with the firepower. The extra mass in its feet could provide more stability when firing on the ground. And in zero grav, maybe they have extra booster power in them. It shouldn't be THAT big of a mystery. Just a physics thing.
mmm, I never thought of that, yeah if It had a huge weapon that had a great amount of firepower those heavy legs would keep it mounted on the ground better . . .

gummybear 2007-06-30 20:20

IT'S LEG ARMOR! Search how real life full armor that can stand explosion blast looks like then compare it to how the armorment on Virtue looks, because the theme of Virtue is being heavy armor and weapon.

subaruhess 2007-06-30 20:34

Seems I tried in vain to keep the discussion on-topic, anyways anyone bet these 1/60th gundam 00 models will have internal detail? I read the 1/60 Impulse & strike freedom models had some internals, are the new large scale gundam models any good quality wise? I still prefer the 1/100 scale, I hope bandai have plans to make some for the gundam 00 series.

Gundam Zero Force 2007-06-30 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 1019854)
IT'S LEG ARMOR! Search how real life full armor that can stand explosion blast looks like then compare it to how the armorment on Virtue looks, because the theme of Virtue is being heavy armor and weapon.

ok ok I see your point. It just seems like it would be very heavy and hard to control that's all.

mangatron 2007-07-01 02:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 1019868)
Seems I tried in vain to keep the discussion on-topic, anyways anyone bet these 1/60th gundam 00 models will have internal detail? I read the 1/60 Impulse & strike freedom models had some internals, are the new large scale gundam models any good quality wise? I still prefer the 1/100 scale, I hope bandai have plans to make some for the gundam 00 series.

at dalong.net you can search up the Seed 1/60 kits and see what kind of detail they have. There are removable armor parts but nothing near a Master Grade model. The only 1/60 I know of that is an exception is the Strike Freedom Lightning Edition that has some of it's arms and most of it's legs with an internal frame, with most of the body with an internal frame as well, mostly in part because of the lighting system and not really a factor in poseability or other things.

From what I remember the SF Lightning Edition is the most recent 1/60 incarnation so the 1/60 00's might follow suit.